Author Topic: Work in Progress / 11  (Read 99680 times)

B777ER

Re: Work in Progress / 11
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2011, 03:50:44 pm »
I'm a FS9 user mainly because I have spent so much money on add-ons that I would be mad not to find them anymore in FSX. That is the main reason, most of us still use FS9.

You need to come up with a better excuse than that.   ;D

With the exception of a fistful of developers, any scenery you've purchased for either FS9 or FSX have the other version available free in your download account at whatever store you purchased it.  Your only expense is the copy of FSX, and the Gold edition is $30 at Amazon.

Indeed, well put. I for one hope FSDT just moves on and forgets about FS9. Its over 8 years old, let it RIP.
Eric

pvupilot

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2011, 07:09:46 pm »
I'm a FS9 user mainly because I have spent so much money on add-ons that I would be mad not to find them anymore in FSX. That is the main reason, most of us still use FS9.

You need to come up with a better excuse than that.   ;D

With the exception of a fistful of developers, any scenery you've purchased for either FS9 or FSX have the other version available free in your download account at whatever store you purchased it.  Your only expense is the copy of FSX, and the Gold edition is $30 at Amazon.

There are more addons than scenery that we don't want to lose. I've got about 23 addons and nearly only half would work in FSX. This LAX scenery is amazing, and would love to add it to my list of addons...

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 02:03:03 am »

You need to come up with a better excuse than that.   ;D

With the exception of a fistful of developers, any scenery you've purchased for either FS9 or FSX have the other version available free in your download account at whatever store you purchased it.  Your only expense is the copy of FSX, and the Gold edition is $30 at Amazon.

Indeed, well put. I for one hope FSDT just moves on and forgets about FS9. Its over 8 years old, let it RIP.

FS9 is only as old as the latest thing released for it. Why don't YOU RIP ;D

max767

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 06:07:06 am »
Amen.....Newmanix!!!!!!!!

natbrain

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 07:35:36 am »

With the exception of a fistful of developers, any scenery you've purchased for either FS9 or FSX have the other version available free in your download account at whatever store you purchased it.  Your only expense is the copy of FSX, and the Gold edition is $30 at Amazon.

man, i was starting to feel like i was the only fs9 supporter left...it gets lonely you know...at least we've still got a few fs9 supporters left. i just never liked fsx because, though i've used it and the capabilities on fsx are greater than fs9, the fs9 addon library is huge and much more developed than in fsx, where the addon library is a bit half done. i mean, the pss 777 and 757 panel, the overland model, and a good zayan shakeeb soundpack, i can't do that in fsx.

member111222

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 06:08:47 pm »

man, i was starting to feel like i was the only fs9 supporter left...it gets lonely you know...at least we've still got a few fs9 supporters left. i just never liked fsx because, though i've used it and the capabilities on fsx are greater than fs9, the fs9 addon library is huge and much more developed than in fsx, where the addon library is a bit half done. i mean, the pss 777 and 757 panel, the overland model, and a good zayan shakeeb soundpack, i can't do that in fsx.

I am also using fs9 from time to time. But I just bought the PMDG 737 NGX and have not touched fs9 since then. I can't do that in fs9 ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:10:35 pm by member111222 »

masondom

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:10 pm »

Did FSDT eventually find the music theme for LA KLAX ?? I was thinking about the Mirac... ah nah forget it.
 ;D

Anders Bermann

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:36 pm »
Red Hot Chili Peppers - City Of Angels :D
Best regards, Anders

jackhendricks

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 08:24:31 pm »
I was a stand strong fs9 user but, PMDG NGX + Mega Scenery Socal v2 + FSDT KLAX............ you cant beat it! I surrendered ;D

ElAl4ever

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 09:25:31 pm »
I was a stand strong fs9 user but, PMDG NGX + Mega Scenery Socal v2 + FSDT KLAX............ you cant beat it! I surrendered ;D
I'm with you right there buddy!

I actually needed FS9 for a while for repaints, but now I'm FSX only as of 3 days ago :D

Anders Bermann

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 09:38:22 pm »
I too, have reservations with going back to FS9 now... I would simply miss the PMDG 737NGX and EZCam to much! Also this LAX scenery is going to draw me in the FSX-direction too! :D
Best regards, Anders

max767

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 12:55:11 am »
To all the FSX users I agree....the capabilities are good and yes I'm capable of running FSX. However FS9 is like the ole muscle car you can't let go vs. the Super Charged yada yada with the expensive computer chip. I'll stick to going under the hood myself. Crazy way to put it, but it works for me. Peace and Happy flying  ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:56:56 am by max767 »

01pewterz28

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2011, 02:19:25 am »
Red Hot Chili Peppers - City Of Angels :D

Here is a great one for FSDT's NEW LAX

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2011, 02:20:08 am »
To all the FSX users I agree....the capabilities are good and yes I'm capable of running FSX. However FS9 is like the ole muscle car you can't let go vs. the Super Charged yada yada with the expensive computer chip. I'll stick to going under the hood myself. Crazy way to put it, but it works for me. Peace and Happy flying  ;D

Why trash a good thing?? Wazzup Mr. MAXjet 767??!! I'll call you tomorrow! ;)

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 03:02:42 am »
Not to be a party-pooper or anything here guys, but are people even allowed to use copywritten music on a for profit company website? (without paying money, which would probably be quite a bit considering the level of fame of the bands/songs)