Author Topic: Work in Progress / 11  (Read 99690 times)

windshear

Re: Work in Progress / 11
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 03:11:28 pm »
I think the NGX is reason enough to move to FSX!
And flight will be utilizing multi core CPUs and GPUs much much better, I expect my computer so shine on MS flight!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Anders Bermann

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 03:38:06 pm »
I think the NGX is reason enough to move to FSX!
And flight will be utilizing multi core CPUs and GPUs much much better, I expect my computer so shine on MS flight!

Agreed! :)
Personally I think the PMDG 737NGX and EZCam is some of the reasons for moving... :D

Also, the hardware requirements is now coming down that much, so it's possible to run FSX with a computer for around $1.000.
Best regards, Anders

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »
The hardware requirements for FSX haven't changed, its the prices that are coming down.  When prices come down, it usually means newer hardware is on the horizon and what you buy today will be obsolete tomorrow.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Anders Bermann

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 04:36:06 pm »
LOL - Don't know what the hell happend with my sentence there... :S

Of course, the requirements for FSX hasn't changed! :)
Thanks for clarifying, Bruce!
Best regards, Anders

pvupilot

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 05:33:29 pm »
Well if worse comes worse then maybe they could update the cloud9 with the new TBIT terminal

That's out of the question, if we can't port to FS9 for any reason, the Cloud9 version will remain as it is now, and this was said right from the start, before work on the new scenery started.

Thats really disappointing. I wasn't around here when that was announced, so I had my hopes up. Just got to keep my fingers crossed that the FS9 version will work!

EDDK

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »
I'm really looking forward to the FS9 version, whatever it looks like I know it will be premium. I'm using FSX too but no reason for me to buy FSDT products anymore if I haven't got the chance to buy it for two Simulators.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 06:20:20 pm »
The Cloud9 version has the same trial period, you should try it just in case.  One of the designers now works for FSDT, so the quality is there even if it is rather outdated.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

jackhendricks

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 06:54:21 pm »
My money is on FS2004 version as always.

+1

hockey122332

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 08:40:10 pm »
Do we have a release dat yet?

windshear

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2011, 10:43:53 pm »
Yo Musjo that tower is from my home town airport! U Danish? ;)
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Anders Bermann

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2011, 10:45:45 pm »
Yo Musjo that tower is from my home town airport! U Danish? ;)

Yup! As Danish (NO... not the cake!) as I can be! :)
Best regards, Anders

gordon24

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 11:27:14 pm »
I'm a FS9 user mainly because I have spent so much money on add-ons that I would be mad not to find them anymore in FSX. That is the main reason, most of us still use FS9.
I also own all FSDT sceneries....

Now, don't get me wrong Umberto, I love your sceneries and think they are the best on the market. I understand your explanations about the terrific FSX features of FSDT KLAX and the difference you explain between your sceneries and Fly Tampa or Flightbeam.

It will probably bring us a KLAX scenery like never seen before... But the question I raise is: are those details really important for 95% of the users?
I mean, by using those mega airports, we start at the gate, push-back, take-off, fly, land and go back to the gate. Do we really make attention to all those tiny details? We don't spend most of our time at the airport....
FSDT KLAX will sell well because this is a major airport.... But my point is that everybody would also buy it if it would have been released by Fly Tampa with their quality.

I have FT Tampa 2.0 and Athens and they just look awesome to me. Not as good as FSDT but they have enough details for me to enjoy. BluePrint is not acceptable to me but Aerosoft & FlyTampa to name a few have the perfect combo: awesome sceneries and for most of them not enough complex that they couldn't be converted to FS9. Of course, when I can have the FSDT Quality on FS9 like with all your others project, I'm an happy man. But it scares me if more complex sceneries will mean no FSDT FS9 sceneries anymore....

Anyway, you guys are businessman and you sure know your market.... I have no idea of the actual FS9 market compared to FSX. But till now, FlyTampa and Aerosoft for most of their sceneries still think that this is a market with some sales to grab

Anders Bermann

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2011, 11:36:23 pm »
I understand your point... But personally I like the amazing details that FSDT put into their sceneries! IMO all the details, larger ground textures, bump mapping, and various shaders which only is supported by FSX, is just awesome... I like sitting at an airport also sometimes, just going through the preflight for instance, and watching the activity of the airport around me, and gazing at the details of set airport...

I have just done so at FlightBeam KSFO... Just sat at the gate with the PMDG 737NGX - in Cold N' Dark, and watched the 'beast' come to life with the APU, and watched the AI traffic going through their planned routes... and the various ground activity around - and of course admiring the details of the gates, stands, terminals etc ...

Actually I never got to the point of take-off for LAX - *sigh*... :)

And that FSDreamTeam is contantly pushing the envelope in terms of textures shading and modeling, is just amazing IMHO... Although sad, that/if it comes to the expense of FS9 development...

Anyway - just my 2c!
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2011, 12:56:20 pm »
It will probably bring us a KLAX scenery like never seen before... But the question I raise is: are those details really important for 95% of the users?

It's always difficult to launch into predictions about what's important for most users. In the end, it's the developer that decides (and take responsibility for his choices, with low sales if his choices are bad), according to his own style.

There are sceneries out there with falling leaves, barking dogs, 3d grass, animated people doing barbecues, you name it. Are those really needed for flying ? Surely not, but they are nice to look at, because of the always important concept of "suspension of disbelief", those details try to have you forget you are looking at a computer screen, if only for a minute.

And there's another aspect, we HAVE to move forward, if we just took sales data, our two bestselling sceneries (Zurich and JFK) didn't had anything of this, Zurich used a lot of FS9 code (before the 2.0 version) and JFK could use some improvement in textures sharpness too, but this didn't affected their sales.

But, if we kept applying the same tried and true methods, we wouldn't be moving forward, which is the sure recipe for demise, maybe not immediately, but before you know it, an iPhone/iPad could match the PC graphic quality, someone might do a flightsim based on it, and we'll end up with our pants down, still using late 2003-techniques...AND we'll be bored to death while doing it because, you should never forget that we do this only until is fun.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2011, 02:21:05 pm »
I'm a FS9 user mainly because I have spent so much money on add-ons that I would be mad not to find them anymore in FSX. That is the main reason, most of us still use FS9.

You need to come up with a better excuse than that.   ;D

With the exception of a fistful of developers, any scenery you've purchased for either FS9 or FSX have the other version available free in your download account at whatever store you purchased it.  Your only expense is the copy of FSX, and the Gold edition is $30 at Amazon.