Author Topic: Work in Progress / 11  (Read 99547 times)

sjt375

• Flight Director
Re: Work in Progress / 11
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2011, 07:49:56 am »
Sorry i know everybodys asking but it looks very fun and i really want to the release date. So can you please tell us it and if you dont have one, can you tell us a time frame

*insert generic response about release date being not known yet and how it has been re-iterated multiple times here*

FSDreamteam has said that it will be released sometime soon, but exact date is not known

pvupilot

« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2011, 08:30:20 am »
They said very soon last week. Dig through the forums and youll find your answers. Im expecting before the end of the month.

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2011, 12:59:56 pm »
I'd keep an eye out this Friday...
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

jackhendricks

« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »
Watch it come out the very begining of labor day weekend

theshack440

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2011, 12:12:35 am »
I'd keep an eye out this Friday...
+1 I certainly hope so.

By the way Ryan, I've been meaning to tell you this but everytime I read that quote next to your name I laugh... Very funny quote.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:14:41 pm by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Thunderbird Fan

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2011, 01:21:42 am »
I doubt that any thing I have from fs9 will port across into either, but if they (Microsoft) want to corner the market make a new simulator that will run flight,fsx and fs9 software and then everyone might want it
In a perfect world that would be great but in reality it's like trying to put Jalopy parts on a Ferrari. MS has the market anyway, no need to spend time on old technology, It's a business and the idea is to stay in business and not waste time or money. Spending time on old technology to satisfy a few is a waste of time and money.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2011, 04:19:44 am »
I doubt that any thing I have from fs9 will port across into either, but if they (Microsoft) want to corner the market make a new simulator that will run flight,fsx and fs9 software and then everyone might want it
In a perfect world that would be great but in reality it's like trying to put Jalopy parts on a Ferrari. MS has the market anyway, no need to spend time on old technology, It's a business and the idea is to stay in business and not waste time or money. Spending time on old technology to satisfy a few is a waste of time and money.

Yes. If it were only a few which is not the case when it comes to developing products for FS9. If it were only a few, developers would have stopped long ago. It's because there are so many, they continue to do so. It's the extra time and work involved to do so that's the problem.

A good example of this is the fact that Microsoft still sells Windows XP. You can still choose to have XP preinstalled insted of 7/Vista.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:28:46 am by newmanix »

Thunderbird Fan

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2011, 01:27:47 pm »
Yes. If it were only a few which is not the case when it comes to developing products for FS9. If it were only a few, developers would have stopped long ago. It's because there are so many, they continue to do so. It's the extra time and work involved to do so that's the problem.

A good example of this is the fact that Microsoft still sells Windows XP. You can still choose to have XP preinstalled insted of 7/Vista.

True to some extent with developers of FS9 add-ons, if that's the way they choose to direct the business then so be it. As far as the XP and Windows 7 options. I can see MS offering either one. Every Windows based computer needs an operating system but not every computer needs a Flight Simulator. Microsoft will sell a whole lot more operating systems than FSDT will sell add-ons. Like wise MS sells or will sell a ton of Flight Simulators either FS9, FSX, or Flight, but what I'm getting at is when it comes to addons the people who want them are few and the people who want what I consider the high end add-ons such as FSDT products are even fewer. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of people who buy the addons but there are more who don't.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2011, 02:04:13 pm »

Labor day is in September, we were told an August release was likely.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Anders Bermann

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2011, 06:37:18 pm »

Sounds very exciting... That would mean a release within the next 6-7 days... :)
Best regards, Anders

SirIsaac726

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »

I do not believe this is correct.  A quick check of the online Microsoft store shows only Windows 7 and Windows 7 upgrade versions for sale.  I know Microsoft will still support Windows XP and Vista but they are no longer selling it and PCs are now only being shipped with Windows 7.  I also vaguely remember Microsoft announcing when they would officially end support for Windows XP.

Wait a tick...looks like you can still have Vista on a new PC, not XP though..  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/how-long-will-microsoft-support-xp-vista-and-windows-7/2304

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2011, 09:13:31 pm »

Sounds very exciting... That would mean a release within the next 6-7 days... :)

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, they haven't shown night shots yet. And who knows with how much they stepped the bar up for the day scenery what they will do with the night stuff. ESPECIALLY since there is so much color/changing color present in the scenery lighting

jackhendricks

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2011, 09:32:46 pm »

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, they haven't shown night shots yet. And who knows with how much they stepped the bar up for the day scenery what they will do with the night stuff. ESPECIALLY since there is so much color/changing color present in the scenery lighting

If you take a quick history lesson of all the flight simulator products that have been released in the past, youll notice that 90% percent of the time FS products are released later then the developers origionally planned on them being released. Not saying thats a bad thing. The lastest previews don't lie, there is light at the end of tunnel. Lets take what sjt375 said into consideration, they aren't done yet. But they're putting the final touches on a master piece as we type

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2011, 09:33:48 pm »

I do not believe this is correct.  A quick check of the online Microsoft store shows only Windows 7 and Windows 7 upgrade versions for sale.  I know Microsoft will still support Windows XP and Vista but they are no longer selling it and PCs are now only being shipped with Windows 7.  I also vaguely remember Microsoft announcing when they would officially end support for Windows XP.

Wait a tick...looks like you can still have Vista on a new PC, not XP though..  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/how-long-will-microsoft-support-xp-vista-and-windows-7/2304

Keep looking.... One good start is with custom built PC's. You have an option to have XP installed which means Microsoft has to continue to sell the licenses in order to have the option. XP is like FS9 to an extent. There is a large base that doesn't like W7 or Vista. So they stick to what is good. Now I never wanted to leave XP, but I did at some point switch to Vista which was a DUMB move as everyone here knows Vista is crap. But W7 is quite good. Rough in the beginning but good now. I hope FLight will be my W7 because FSX is my Vista and FS9 is my XP.  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:38:58 pm by newmanix »

SirIsaac726

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2011, 01:15:07 am »
Keep looking.... One good start is with custom built PC's. You have an option to have XP installed which means Microsoft has to continue to sell the licenses in order to have the option.
Just checked iBuyPower, CyberPower, and some well-known brand names in the PC market and none of them offer Windows XP for made-to-order PCs.

Might want to take a look at this as well: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/software/2008-06-30-microsoft-xp_N.htm