FSDreamTeam forum
November 27, 2020, 01:36:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-Buy KLAX?  (Read 4494 times)
pgde

« on: August 10, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »

Hi:

As a customer of HNL and Hawaiian Airports No. 1, I am anxiously waiting to buy and install Hawaiian Airports No 2.  But I can't until KLAX comes out since I want that as well so that I can get the cross-sell discount for 2 or more products.

If this was possible, then I think many of us would take a deep breath and stop hassling you about when the release of LAX will be.

Just an idea.

P.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Black Edition Motherboard; Intel I7-4790K CPU; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win 7 Pro; Samsung 1Tb SSD; Samsung 240 Gb SSD;, Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Sapphire Radeon R9 270x with 2 Gb of VRAM (card factory overclocked).
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:52:59 PM »

If this was possible, then I think many of us would take a deep breath and stop hassling you about when the release of LAX will be.

If we would allow pre-sales, I think the exact opposite will happen: we would be heavily pressured into releasing it, just to fulfill our obligation towards people that purchased it in advance.

pgde

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:18 AM »

I guess it would depend why one is pre-purchasing -- in my case I am being prevented from using HA no.2 due to the relatively imminent release of KLAX. I could understand if it was months away, but it seems to be only a few weeks away.

Regards,

Peter

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Black Edition Motherboard; Intel I7-4790K CPU; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win 7 Pro; Samsung 1Tb SSD; Samsung 240 Gb SSD;, Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Sapphire Radeon R9 270x with 2 Gb of VRAM (card factory overclocked).
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 11:29:16 AM »

I could understand if it was months away, but it seems to be only a few weeks away.

Yes, it's theoretically very close, but better be safe than sorry, because things happens.

For example, we are still not 100% sure to do an FS9 version (we always said it's likely, but not *sure*) so, if someone preordered with the intention of using it on FS9 and it wouldn't be released, we would end up in a very bad situation, having to refund lots of money, etc.

ckaack

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »

Indeed preordering does not make any sense as this would at the end force FSDT to release a half ready add-on. This is not what we need or even want.

FSX is enough. Just drop this legacy FS9.
Bruce Hamilton
Beta tester

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »

...this would at the end force FSDT to release a half ready add-on.

Where does that information come from?  ORBX releases all their sceneries within six weeks of putting them on prepay, not one has ever been released "half ready".

Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock
ckaack

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »

They are lucky. Prepaid products put a lot of pressure on the supplier to deliver within a certain time frame and I can fully understand why FSDT does not want this.
Bruce Hamilton
Beta tester

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 04:57:14 PM »

They are lucky. Prepaid products put a lot of pressure on the supplier to deliver within a certain time frame...

Nothing lucky about it, when they put the product out for prepay at their reseller it is, for all intents and purposes, a completed project.  Those six weeks are for final touches, alpha/beta besting, compiling the unwrapper, etc.

Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: