Author Topic: The Cool Video Thread  (Read 249191 times)

Victory103

Re: The Cool Video Thread
« Reply #450 on: August 21, 2018, 11:49:33 pm »
Nice angle on the cam for the LDDI and HUD page, also like how clean the newer right lower panel stand-by instruments (now just the ESIS) on later Super Bug blocks. VACAPES based on kneeboard card.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

micro

« Reply #451 on: October 14, 2018, 06:25:37 am »
Here's a video of a I did for a good buddy of mine who flew the A/C/E/F Hornets. As he retired he gave me some cockpit footage to blend with stock footage for his retirement video. He left the Navy recently and said I could make it public. Hope you enjoy.

Victory103

« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2018, 04:45:53 pm »
Nice job on the vid, I see some Super stuff I recognize and your bud with VFA-94 at retirement? I retired in Feb and didn't think about putting a vid together with my limited GoPro Hero2 footage.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

micro

« Reply #453 on: October 22, 2018, 03:37:06 am »
Actually, he retired flying over at Cecil Field (KVQQ) as a Navy test pilot for Boeing. He would fly the Charlie's after they were modified for the Blue Angels to make sure they were good. His last assignment was flying the E's and F's that are currently being modified for the Blues. He would fly "the demo" solo as numbers 1 and 5 putting the jet through the paces. I told him I hated his guts.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #454 on: October 23, 2018, 11:01:48 am »
A pretty good one of a Case 2 recovery. Something to notice is how when he gets in close he brings the power to idle because the ball gets a little high, then goes to MIL at the ramp to save it. He does end up with the ball a little low, but hey, he made it on deck!!! ;D

VIDEO UNAVAILABLE
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

micro

« Reply #455 on: October 28, 2018, 02:31:19 am »
Hmmm, Interesting. Spaz, I went looking for that vid and the others he had posted - Nothing. The guy who posted that case 2 vid was an active Navy guy, so I wonder if he took them down.

SpazSinbad

• A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #456 on: November 09, 2018, 05:56:07 am »
Hornet Carrier Ops 2018 West Coast Strike Fighter Ball JOPA

SpazSinbad

« Reply #457 on: November 24, 2018, 02:17:24 pm »
Not Hornet but good HUD views of CQ Approaches with 'accurate' LSO comments one hopes. The lad improves....

CQL - Carrier Ball Flying

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:18:57 pm by SpazSinbad »

micro

« Reply #459 on: April 18, 2019, 04:26:25 am »
The Miramar airshow the first year the Blues had the F-18. The whole show is cool - I should know. I was a starry eyed 15 year old somewhere in that crowd. But Skip to 1:21 to see the Blues. Interesting how the show has changed.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #460 on: April 18, 2019, 08:50:09 pm »
I was stationed at MCAS Yuma when they were transitioning to the Hornets. We watched them, from the flight line, when they came to practise a particular maneuver.
Saw the Hornet come in, low and slow...and slower...and slower...
Nose going higher and higher...
I was expecting to see a crash out on the runway. Instead, it got to the point it was pointed straight up, hovering on the thrust of the engines. It danced (only way to describe what the plane was doing) around on the engines for a few minutes, and then increased the throttles and flew away, still pointed vertically. We all who were watching cheered like mad. It was a masterful demonstration of piloting and aircraft capability. I just hate to think what would happen if one engine even hiccuped a moment. Probably why they didn't include the maneuver in their routine. Waaaaaay too dangerous, especially near a crowd.

The plane does have a fair amount of thrust, btw, better than 1:1. I don't know the exact numbers but with a light fuel load, no attachments of any kind on the wings or anything, the ratio would be even better. Like the way the Blues planes are configured. Perfectly doable, but like I said, deadly dangerous near the ground. They only did it once I know of, but I'm glad I got to see it. :)
Still neat as heck to watch, though :D

Have fun all!
Pat☺

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #461 on: August 01, 2019, 09:50:46 am »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Victory103

« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2019, 02:19:55 am »
Just finished re-watching that as I do love all things Tomcat. His story about the "night in the barrel" makes me think it was his personal story. Pretty amazing for VFs 14/41/211/154 to get action during early OEF/OIF with very old "A" models.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS