Author Topic: The Cool Video Thread  (Read 251170 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: The Cool Video Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 05, 2015, 09:22:29 am »
Fellers...

Here's a decent YouTube of Coupeville. Most of the pilots here are pretty easy to talk to, so if I get a day off sometime, I might ask one to let me into the LSO Shack so I can make a real life up-close video for myself.

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2015, 10:57:17 am »
Sludge,
Glad to see you in the saddle again!  ;D
And of course, some real life KNRA video would be extremely cool. Also I'm curious how close my Coupeville FCLP rendition is to the real thing...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:20:33 am by Paddles »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2015, 07:47:47 am »
Paddles...

Sludge,
Glad to see you in the saddle again!  ;D
And of course, some real life KNRA video would be extremely cool. Also I'm curious how close my Coupeville FCLP rendition is to the real thing...

Ya, I've been monitoring all the stuff going on here without commenting til I was situated. Believe me there were times I wanted to get into the thick of things with all the great work you and Jimi have been doing, but I had to get settled at my new place first.

Definitely. As I said, once the training schedule evens out and I get some time, I'll try to get out to Coupeville and get some pics without the jets doing their passes. Then, if I can get out there when they are "waving", I'll see what they let me video or take pics of...

Still gotta get my flight chair built, and get all my Win7 stuff migrated over to the new SSD, then I may jump into testing again and working on the Sludge v2.0

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2015, 07:49:22 am »
Here's some props to Jimi and all the great work he's done.

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2015, 06:40:52 pm »
Thought I would share some new videos of my home built F/A-18 cockpit.

CASE III recovery:

Flight Ops

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Azframer

« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2015, 08:05:22 pm »
Must see Blue Angel Fly By on Pensacola Beach, solo so close to beach shade tents go flying.

&feature=youtu.be

Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2015, 08:24:09 pm »
That is a great video, Rick. I spent an hour watching that and several that followed it. I just love to watch them fly...
Thanks for the link!
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2015, 08:43:30 pm »
U-2 carrier ops Declassified.

&feature=youtu.be

Rick
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:45:06 pm by Azframer »

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #353 on: July 19, 2015, 06:46:30 am »
The first video is five mins 20 secs and has the second ARF video in it.

F-35 Pilot FMS Eglin AFB Training Full Mission Sim

F-35B/C FMS Probe Drogue Air Refuel

OTHERWISE a bunch of Videos here:

videos?view=0&sort=dd
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

SpazSinbad

• A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2015, 02:10:04 am »
Only one or two landings shown however 181 were carried out during the recent CVN test - won't be in the fleet until 2018 however.

Boeing helps test software that makes carrier landings easier and safer
Published on Jul 20, 2015 BOING!

"The U.S. Navy and Boeing recently tested the technology during successful sea trials onboard the USS George H.W. Bush aircraft carrier. It’s called MAGIC CARPET, Maritime Augmented Guidance with Integrated Controls for Carrier Approach and Recovery Precision Enabling Technologies, and it helps guide pilots to the carrier deck."

SpazSinbad

« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2015, 05:49:15 am »
AFAIK the Dino Cattaneo F-35A is free so here is the USAF way to land it on their non-moving runways.

RAAF F-35A Luke AFB Aug 2015 Push It
“...The desired touchdown point for a VFR approach is 500 to 1,000 feet from the threshold or the glide slope interception point for a precision approach. When local procedures or unique conditions require landing beyond the normal touchdown point, adjust the touchdown point accordingly.... ...[Col.] Niemi said typical approach speeds are 150 knots and strictly by a 13-degree angle of attack all the way to the ground. “It’s a real easy plane to fly and it has good powerful [air] brakes. At 100 knots [after aero braking] it will sit down pretty good,” he said....” ALL the F-35 variants aero-brake because it saves on brake pad wear and HOT brakes especially in the desert. Second Video shows the variants aero braking.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:57:55 am by SpazSinbad »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2015, 07:13:54 am »
Yeah, dandy if you have a 10,000 foot runway out before you. Maybe not so great for a carrier, though. Maybe I'm wrong, though, I'm no test pilot.
I worked for Lockheed for 10 years, and I KNOW how they work. They took a fantastically well thought out and accomplished system (The Aerostats) and "dumbed it down" to a piece of trash. I was there as a Flight Director, and watched it happen. So they could underbid the competition. If the F-35 ever actually works as advertized I will be amazed, honestly.
But hey, I've been wrong before, often. And will be again, of that I am absolutely certain.Only thing I've not been wrong about yet :D

From what I understand, our own Mr. "Jimi" Hendricks was aboard the Wasp during at least some of the testing. I doubt highly he can discuss much, if any, of it, but he may be able to say a few words, sometime.

Thank you for the video's though!
Pat☺

SpazSinbad

« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2015, 07:23:56 am »
Puhleez use your carrier landing techniques for the F-35C if you have it. I cannot remember if it was available when I was using FSX Accel - no - only the F-35A was available then. The technique for landing the A variant was only known to me a few days ago - all I had until then was a vague airspeed. It is interesting to me to see the Air Force use a steady AoA for landing although they have had AoA indicators in their modern fast jet aircraft for some time (often the red/green chevrons are reversed though).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:39:44 am by SpazSinbad »

Azframer

« Reply #358 on: August 11, 2015, 07:10:48 pm »
I have the pack with all 3 models of the F-35, the B models seems to be easier to land than the A and C models, the A and C tend to drop like a rock for some reason. Going to go check them out again.
Oh I've seen a video of a Air Force guy not really wanting to discuss their F-35 as if he were not too pleased with it, Ill try to did up that video, it was on like a RED Flag type deal with Malaysia or something.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #359 on: August 11, 2015, 07:16:37 pm »
I am posting the link to the page, some pretty interesting things on this, it has been a while since I've watched these. One of the 2 videos with the guy at the podium where he if I remember correctly is asked about the F-35 and his response is telling.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/us-air-forces-f-22s-f-15s-just-battled-one-of-their-m-1596305711

Rick