Author Topic: For those of us who Enjoy 100% realism...  (Read 7765 times)

tnorton776

For those of us who Enjoy 100% realism...
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:58:22 am »
I understand you are trying to keep the service time short. But I myself enjoy starting up from Cold and Dark, listening to live atc, and Flight 1 real traffic, etc at times and engulfing myself in total realism. Normally this takes around 15-30 minutes for Full IRS alignments and all systems up and running correctly from C&D. I for one do not mind the time it takes when I am in the mood for it. I actually rather enjoy every minute of it and feel a sense of everything is right in the world and accomplishment when ready to push back for taxi. I realize that its your product and by all means do what you feel is best. But as for this one single customer, if you asked me, (which no one has) I would appreciate a wide variety Time scale setting. I wouldnt think a time slider would be hard to impliment to change service times. My suggestion would be to make it anywhere from 5 - 25 minutes with 5 minute settings or a slider you can move with 1 min intervals from 5-30 mins. Something like that. Its better to give everyone options for accross the board type play if its easy to do! Thanks.

Tom Norton
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:03:02 am by tnorton776 »

nathanh12

Re: For those of us who Enjoy 100% realism...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 02:04:39 am »
Hi,

I agree with you entirely, a slider or something along those lines would be great.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 02:11:39 am »
Interesting thought... Sounds like a good idea...

Kinda like AES has...
I also enjoy 'the full realism' sometimes...
Best regards, Anders

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 02:24:02 pm »
I expect there will be a menu item to clear all services in preparation for pushback, so a slider would be overkill.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:45:36 pm »
We'll probably have both. There will be a menu item to allow an immediate departure, an "everybody go away" command, and some configuration options, like sliders, to decide how much time the services will take.

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 09:21:18 pm »
We'll probably have both. There will be a menu item to allow an immediate departure, an "everybody go away" command, and some configuration options, like sliders, to decide how much time the services will take.

Very cool and a great idea. It will make the gate process feel very real as we go through the pre departure stuff and see the food trucks, baggage carts, fuel, etc. prepping the airplane for pushback
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

BMman

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 07:33:38 pm »
Will the pushback truck be able to pull the plane forward and turn at the same time like they do in reality when the get too close, such as a plane or building. If it has this still keep the normal pushback and turn as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:26:03 pm »
Will the pushback truck be able to pull the plane forward and turn at the same time like they do in reality when the get too close, such as a plane or building. If it has this still keep the normal pushback and turn as well.

The pushback truck will always use the best possible turn/pull combination to get you out of the parking.

Avoidance of other vehicles it's entirely different issue, and avoidance of scenery object is not planned at least for the initial release. However, since the pushback truck will always push along apron lines, it's highly unlikely it would run into a scenery object.

ScherzkeCks

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 08:48:28 am »
How about an option that it isn't time based at all and only at my discretion?