Author Topic: Jetways for FSX  (Read 18754 times)

pmpilot

Jetways for FSX
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:42:51 am »
Hi all  ;)

what does that mean ??

> Native animated inverse-kinematics based jetways in FSX

Are the Jetways working the same way as the standard FSX Gates  ::)

regards
Mario Görs

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Jetways for FSX
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:47:31 am »
Yes, jetway on OhareX have animation same standard FSX jetways.

Alessandro

mikael1984

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:13:52 pm »
With over 100 gates my fps hits rock bottom.. Is it possible to use static gates? From which I have seen on other airports for FSX?

by the way. I don't see "gate vehicles" on many of the terminals (did even max every settings) is this normal or should I see "gate vehicles" at every gate?

Regards,
Mikael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 09:20:52 pm »
With over 100 gates my fps hits rock bottom.. Is it possible to use static gates?

It's not the gates that slows down the most: it's the AI that go there that do. All animated gates are using 3 LOD levels, the lowest-complex LOD is just a simple box basically so the distant ones do not impact fps much. If you turn AI down, you'll see the fps going up immediately.

I don't see "gate vehicles" on many of the terminals (did even max every settings) is this normal or should I see "gate vehicles" at every gate?

These, instead, would REALLY have killed your fps, if they were present. We replaced with our fps-friendly models, even they don't behave like to default ones. But when we tested it, default gate vehicles were impacting more fps than the whole airport...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:23:07 pm by virtuali »

mikael1984

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:14:02 pm »
With over 100 gates my fps hits rock bottom.. Is it possible to use static gates?

It's not the gates that slows down the most: it's the AI that go there that do. All animated gates are using 3 LOD levels, the lowest-complex LOD is just a simple box basically so the distant ones do not impact fps much. If you turn AI down, you'll see the fps going up immediately.

Everything that moves slows the fps down, I understand that.

I don't see "gate vehicles" on many of the terminals (did even max every settings) is this normal or should I see "gate vehicles" at every gate?

These, instead, would REALLY have killed your fps, if they were present. We replaced with our fps-friendly models, even they don't behave like to default ones. But when we tested it, default gate vehicles were impacting more fps than the whole airport...
[/quote]

I would agree. Now I have another problem, I have no custom vehicles any any gate. Maxed settings. Tried to restart FSX several times, does not help. So should or should not every gate be covered with the "custom vehicles"? I guess I have to reinstall it..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 11:09:02 pm »
I have no custom vehicles any any gate. Maxed settings. Tried to restart FSX several times, does not help. So should or should not every gate be covered with the "custom vehicles"?

By ground vehicles, I meant those airport cars running around the airport, I should see several of them. Since our service vehicles can't really "service" the airplane like FSX ones, we usually don't put at gates, except a few perhaps.

axiom13

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 11:09:46 pm »
These are the best gates I've ever seen whether in FSX or FS9, they don't even touch my FPS. If only the textures didn't bleed... ;)

axiom

mikael1984

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 10:06:18 am »
These are the best gates I've ever seen whether in FSX or FS9, they don't even touch my FPS. If only the textures didn't bleed... ;)

axiom

So if you look at an aircraft while it moves towards the aircraft, you see not performance hit? My fps drops to 5-6fps when moving. After it positioned at the aircraft the fps gaines to 20-25fps..

@virtuali
I think we are talking around eachother. These vehicles at the gates I cannot see anymore.. See attached photo on which I mean. Very strange I think!

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 10:20:42 am »
I think we are talking around eachother. These vehicles at the gates I cannot see anymore.. See attached photo on which I mean. Very strange I think!

Ok, I thought you were referring to default FSX ground vehicles missing. This is correct.

So, you are not seeing any of the ones posted in that screenshot ? Check the Scenery complexity settings first: those vehicles are programmed to appear at the "Normal" setting at least.

I find very strange you see an fps drop depending if the jetway moves or not. I really can't see any difference. Keep in mind the whole thing is handled by FSX. We don't do the animation, the jetway is modeled as static, with "bones". FSX looks at the bones and moves the jetway on its own.

Are you seeing this with a specific aircraft, or it doesn't matter ? Airplanes uses the bone system as well, a very complex one might have overloaded the graphic engine.

mikael1984

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 12:37:43 pm »

Ok, I thought you were referring to default FSX ground vehicles missing. This is correct.

So, you are not seeing any of the ones posted in that screenshot ? Check the Scenery complexity settings first: those vehicles are programmed to appear at the "Normal" setting at least.

I find very strange you see an fps drop depending if the jetway moves or not. I really can't see any difference. Keep in mind the whole thing is handled by FSX. We don't do the animation, the jetway is modeled as static, with "bones". FSX looks at the bones and moves the jetway on its own.

Are you seeing this with a specific aircraft, or it doesn't matter ? Airplanes uses the bone system as well, a very complex one might have overloaded the graphic engine.

I have all the settings at maximum so I should see them. Perhaps it helps by reinstall it again.

With 100 (or so) jetways moving into position next to the aircrafts, it hits fps pretty bad. But this I see on the default FSX's jetways aswell. Every drawpoint does affect the CPU and the GPU engine I never see above 50% of use. I am using MyTraffic X so this happens on all aircrafts, even the default FSX aircrafts.
Since fsdreamteam uses defauly jetways (as they perform as like the default ones) this cannot be changed.
In your testing, even with the jetways moving, no impact on the fps? sorry to say but that's hard to understand... And I would really like to know how you guys did that

Regards,
Mikael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 05:50:04 pm »
I am using MyTraffic X so this happens on all aircrafts, even the default FSX aircrafts.

Hasn't MyTrafficX an option to install AI models without animations ? If this is related also to models not triggering jetway animations, it might solve your issue, and at all airport, not just KORD.

mikael1984

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 12:26:22 am »
I am using MyTraffic X so this happens on all aircrafts, even the default FSX aircrafts.

Hasn't MyTrafficX an option to install AI models without animations ? If this is related also to models not triggering jetway animations, it might solve your issue, and at all airport, not just KORD.

Yes it has and now the scenery runs very well..
Except that I don't see the "custom made" service vehicles at the gates anymore (not the fsx ones!). Scenery at max. Reinstalled it several times but no luck. But maybe it's ju me out of thousands using this scenery? Do you have any ideas how to fix this? This is the only thing that stands between me and the credit card...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 12:54:23 pm »
About the missing service vehicles:

If you were using FS9, that might be due to two reasons:

- The FT Midway file kord_tweak.bgl wasn't disabled by the installer, and this can exclude some of our ground objects. That would be fixed by deleting it or renaming it.

- The Simflyers KORD wasn't disabled.

Unfortunately, under FSX these sceneries are normally not used, so I can't think any other explanation than another scenery in conflict that can exclude our stuff. Another AFCAD for KORD (maybe coming with an AI traffic package) might do that.

And yes, nobody else reported it so far under FSX. You should see those vehicles. Note that they have a visual range quite limited to save fps so, could be you that are trying to see them from too far ?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:56:23 pm by virtuali »

mikael1984

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 03:44:50 pm »
Using FSX so no prev. scenery's installed.
No other AFCAD for the O'Hare sintalled.

Reinstalled again and now I see a few gates with fsdreamteam custom made service vehicles.

The question is: Should I see these vehicles on every gate? If no, then on how many, 50%, 25% 10%?
If yes, then I have a problem with some settings or whatever.

Would be happy to get this problem out of the way so thank you for your time.

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 04:50:17 pm »
Is that picture what you are seeing now in your PC ? If this is the case, then you ARE seeing the service vehicles already! Were you expecting *other* kinds ? There's nothing wrong with that picture, that's how the scenery is supposed to look like.

As I've said already, the vehicles have quite short visual ranges to keep the fps up, the farthest from your point of view will not show.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:54:25 pm by virtuali »