Author Topic: Strange pole at the latest Zurich build  (Read 29087 times)

sax702

Re: Strange pole at the latest Zurich build
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 12:41:07 am »
I have the same problem with displaying the long pole.  I've followed the instructions on removing LSZH, disabling antivirus, downloading a fresh copy of LSZH and installing it.  I've also removed the fsx.cfg file and let fsx create a new one.  Did not have the problem with the previous version of LSZH. 

I've added MissingLibraryAlert=1 in the [SCENERY] section of fsx.cfg just to see if I have a missing file.  While taxing anywhere in the middle area of the airport, I get a pop up alert telling me "Scenery library object not found.  This may cause some scenery, such as some buildings, to not display.  ID: {DEEEAEB6-5D63-41F7... .

Appreciate any help. 

sax702

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 08:12:26 pm »
I've followed the instructions on removing LSZH, disabling antivirus, downloading a fresh copy of LSZH and installing it

?? Nobody gave those instructions to fix the long pole problem, you follow those instructions if the scenery doesn't show at all, so you don't see any buildings.

I've also removed the fsx.cfg file and let fsx create a new one.  Did not have the problem with the previous version of LSZH.

As already explained in this thread, it's likely a video driver bug. I wasn't able to reproduce it in any way. Fact that previous version didn't show this, doesn't mean it's not a video driver problem, because it is. It's just the current version is modeled differently, but there's nothing wrong with it, this difference is only exposing a video driver problem you already had.

I've added MissingLibraryAlert=1 in the [SCENERY] section of fsx.cfg just to see if I have a missing file.  While taxing anywhere in the middle area of the airport, I get a pop up alert telling me "Scenery library object not found.  This may cause some scenery, such as some buildings, to not display.  ID: {DEEEAEB6-5D63-41F7... .

We can check this, but as you said, this would only eventually fix an issue of some object not displaying because it might be missing from the scenery files, which is not what you are seeing, an object that is surely present and displayed, but in the wrong way.

sax702

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 10:46:45 pm »
Umberto, appreciate your reply.  Thought to try all the advice given to isolate the problem. 

Since you're convinced the problem is a video driver bug, do you have any recommendations on how to solve?  It is interesting that there are no other problems with any other scenery, and I've purchased almost all of the FSDreamTeam scenery. 

Any suggestions?

Regards,

SAX702

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 12:24:51 pm »
Since you're convinced the problem is a video driver bug, do you have any recommendations on how to solve?  It is interesting that there are no other problems with any other scenery, and I've purchased almost all of the FSDreamTeam scenery. 

First, be sure you have the most current driver. Then, try to reset all settings to default and, if you used tweakers like nHancer, try to remove them all, and put everything as default.

sax702

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 12:29:11 am »
Thank you Umberto.  I had the current nvidia driver for my card.  Anyway, removed the video driver using a driver sweeper tool (after booting in safe mode), and then proceeded to download the driver again from nvidia, with my av filters off.  Also used the option on the driver installer to completely uninstall the previous driver.  First I did after installing the driver, before setting up nInvidiaInspector (I don't use nHancer) was to run FSX.  The long pole is still there.  See attached pic.  Is there anything else I could do?

Again, thank you for your help.

SAX702

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 09:16:21 am »
Are you really sure you reset the FSX.CFG file ?

sax702

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »
Yes I did. 

But just in case it makes a difference after replacing the video driver, I decided to remove the FSX.cfg again.  Started FSX (went through all the prompts to accepts gauges, etc.), went to LSZH and the pole is still there.  See attached pic.  I can see the pole only at a certain distance from it.  If I get closer to the main building, the pole disappears. 

Regards,

SAX702

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 02:16:19 pm »
I can only confirm I can't see it in any way, and it seems all reporting it have an nVidia card so, it's fairly sure it's a video driver bug.

Just as a test, try to replace the file LSZH_ED_VTRCTR.MDL in the following folder:

YourFSXFolder\SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_ZurichX\model.LSZH_ED_VTRCTR

with the one attached, and see if it makes any difference. It doesn't here, meaning I can't see the pole with either versions of the file, but maybe it does on your video card.

sax702

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »
Still see the pole after using the new file.  I remember that one of the features was to be able to lower and raise the main terminal sun shades.  I tried that out of curiosity, but received a couatl error pop up message.  Tried it twice:  for the sun shades and for the gates.  Both times resulted in an error.  The couatl error file reads...

couatl v2.0 (build 2239)
panic log started on Wed Nov 23 05:27:47 2011
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\ParkMe\__init__.py", line 166, in showMenu
  File "couatl\common\mpmenu.py", line 29, in showMultipageMenu
AttributeError: 'SimUiHandler' object has no attribute 'waitSelection'

couatl v2.0 (build 2239)
panic log started on Wed Nov 23 05:33:04 2011
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 14, in <lambda>
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 26, in showContainer
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 99, in _show
  File "couatl\common\mpmenu.py", line 29, in showMultipageMenu
AttributeError: 'SimUiHandler' object has no attribute 'waitSelection'

After each error, the buildings disappear.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the visual pole, but thought to report. 

Regards

sax702

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 12:56:26 pm »
After each error, the buildings disappear.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the visual pole, but thought to report

That error indicates you don't have the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer. Doesn't have anything to do with the pole, that's is surely a video driver problem, which seems to affect only some users with nvidia cards.

If can't be fixed in any other way, you can just remove that .MDL, the sunshades will not appear anymore, but at least you won't see the pole.

sax702

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 03:17:40 pm »
Followed the process stated in other postings regarding reinstalling all.  I can now raise and lower building shades, plus use the gates without errors.  The pole is still there, but only visible from certain angles.  Thank you.

sax702

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 08:29:49 pm »
Umberto,

SAX702 is a friend of mine.  A year ago, he and I built new computers within a couple of month of each other. I based my new computer on the same major components as his, since his FS2004/FSX performance was good.

Intel Core i7-875K Lynnfield 2.93GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Unlocked Processor BX80605I7875K.
GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL ECO 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) FPB EE 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card

We can confirmed today that we both at using the most current, non-beta, Nvidia driver; GeForce 285.62.  We also use Windows 7 64-bit and are up to date with the FSDT LSZH scenery.

As I posted on 8 August in the first page of this thread, I do not have the "pole"/vertical shade issue. I also checked some exact locations where he sees the "pole" and I do not see the "pole" in the same location.  I wanted to bring this to your attention since you have said in this thread and the other "pole" thread that you believe it is a driver issue.  With both of us running, for all practical purposes, the same system, I have to lean against the video driver being the root cause.  We are going to explore some other possible 3rd party differences.  I know for sure that I have Swiss Pro installed and he does not. 

Regards,
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 08:48:44 pm »
It's likely a driver problem, but could be *triggered* by something else, from a Windows setting, to a bios setting, to another FSX addon or the combination of addons used.

Just a few users reported it, if it affected everyone with the latest nVidia driver, we would have seen hundreds of reports so far.

Kato

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2011, 10:26:15 am »
hallo,

my english is not so good, maybe anyone understand what i mean.

the strange pole is only in the startsituation. if i drive with any aircraft from the startposition to the pole , and comes back to the startposition, it's disappear. maybe everyone know it, if not, it's can help to find the mistake.

so, i need to know about this scenery it's an ADE AFD ? or an AFX ? i must ask this, because it's difficult to open the airport with the wrong program.

kato
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:29:09 am by Kato »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2011, 05:16:38 pm »
ADE doesn't have anything to do with the pole problem, which is a video driver problem and the object is not contained in the .BGL file. If you need to edit the AFCAD for other reasons, ADE should be fine.