Author Topic: Strange pole at the latest Zurich build  (Read 29250 times)

flyhalf

Re: Strange pole at the latest Zurich build
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 10:28:43 pm »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say I get this strange "pole" as well. I believe it's not a graphics card/driver problem because it has a texture on it. (I have seen my fair share of graphics propblems over the years). It's in the scenery in my opinion. I see nothing like this in any other part of the FS world. Once I move close to it, it disappears and does not come back.

Anyway just offering some input.

Cheers

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 07:01:53 am »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say I get this strange "pole" as well. I believe it's not a graphics card/driver problem because it has a texture on it. (I have seen my fair share of graphics propblems over the years). It's in the scenery in my opinion. I see nothing like this in any other part of the FS world. Once I move close to it, it disappears and does not come back.

Anyway just offering some input.

Cheers

Max, in one of the posts in this area, Umberto posted the instructions on how to remove the pole which is the sliding shades. Basically all you need to do is remove the .mdl file and it will be gone. I haven't done it yet, but if that is the only way to fix it for me I will give it a shot.

svallott

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 03:14:36 pm »
Hi, I have a building on the right side of rwy 10 lszh. Unstall and reinstall lszh 2.5. Building still there?
Any clue ?
Serge

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 04:01:51 pm »
A building, especially if it looks like a default or autogen building, it's not a problem of the scenery but, rather an AFCAD duplicate in conflict, us the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCADs for Zurich.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:31:20 pm by virtuali »

svallott

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 03:09:00 pm »
Hi, where do I find the free FSX airport scanner ? Thanks, Serge
PS I tried to post a print word doc but not accepted.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 03:31:52 pm »
Searching for "FSX Airpor Scanner" on Google, would bring you the developer web site with the first result.

sax702

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 02:46:41 am »
It's likely a driver problem, but could be *triggered* by something else, from a Windows setting, to a bios setting, to another FSX addon or the combination of addons used.

Just a few users reported it, if it affected everyone with the latest nVidia driver, we would have seen hundreds of reports so far.

For what is worth, I discovered that if I start at a gate that's sufficiently closed to the main building, the pole does not appear, and I can open and close the building shades.  If I start by, say runway 34, the pole is there and I can not open/close the building shades.  Distance from the main building, or from where the shades are appear to be a factor. 

Since I posted on this thread last time, I have upgraded the video drivers twice to newer versions. 

SAX702

Nightowl

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 08:05:42 pm »
It is a bit late reply, but I would not withhold this discovery:
I had the infamous pole too. After I installed the Acceleration Pack, the pole left Zürich and never returned!
Maybe this will work for others too.

sax702

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:02 pm »
Nightowl,

Confirmed.  Even though I had SP2 installed, removed it, and installed Acceleration.  Pole is gone.  Don't know why, but it doesn't look like it was a video driver issue.  Thank you for posting the fix. 

Best regards,

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 10:09:51 am »
Confirmed.  Even though I had SP2 installed, removed it, and installed Acceleration.  Pole is gone.  Don't know why, but it doesn't look like it was a video driver issue.  Thank you for posting the fix. 

It was a video driver issue, which was probably triggered by an FSX setting in your FSX.CFG, which might have been reset by reinstalling the Acceleration pack.

sax702

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 04:35:24 pm »
I don't see it. 

Earlier I had deleted the FSX.cfg and let FSX rebuild one.  The pole was still there.  I also changed the video drivers three times since my first post and also installed a new video card.  I started seeing the pole after I upgraded LSZH.  I haven't seen no other scenery oddities or artifacts, and I have purchased all, but two of the FSDT scenery products. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 08:58:40 pm »
Earlier I had deleted the FSX.cfg and let FSX rebuild one.  The pole was still there.

You said you switched from SP2 to Acceleration. So, it's possible IT IS a video driver problem, which only affects FSX SP2, but not Acceleration, for some reason. But the original issue is something related to the video driver or, at the very least, the FSX graphic engine.

The only thing sure, it's not a problem of the scenery. Fact that happens only with later Zurich version, is because in previous versions the terminal windowblinds weren't separated objects, now they are. The "pole" some people see, is one of the windowblinds which is rotated for some reason. But of course we haven't modeled it that way, if we did, it would appear like that to everyone under every condition. A problem with a translation/rotation matrix, is usually due to video ram corruption.

drdrehun

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2013, 11:11:46 am »
Hi!

I've just purchased another good FSDT scenery, Zurich this time. Nice as always, but I have this freakin' pole too. I'm just asking if there was a solution since the last post. Thank you!

bjratchf

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 04:22:06 am »
The pole has reared its head in my scenery too, I don't know how to get rid of it.