Author Topic: double jetways with own AFCAD  (Read 4303 times)

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
double jetways with own AFCAD
« on: September 28, 2014, 09:50:42 pm »
Hi

I use my on AFCAD file for a while. Today I realised double jetways. I only use one AFCAD at a time. I tried to restart, to reinstall Zurich X but only one thing helped, to use the original AFCAD file. In my modified version, I try to reflect real positions of the aircraft and also added more parkings. Have you any suggestions, why I get double Jetways now?

Regards

Dan
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:52:45 pm by blaunarwal »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: double jetways with own AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:55:11 pm »
I'm sorry, but it's really difficult to help you on an AFCAD *you* made, when the one supplied with the scenery works....

Have you kept the same filename ? If no, you might have a duplicate AFCAD, if yes, then you might have done some kind of mistake with exclusion zones.  If you use AES, and if you change any parking position, you will have to change the AES exclusion file too, but we really can't help you with that.

blaunarwal

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 10:01:55 pm »
I took the original and modified it with ADE. I rename the file extension of original to disable it and put in mine with another name. I checked with Simple Airport Scanner for any other afcad, but there is only one.

Another question about the ini files. I have a lszh-z_ucwi.ini and a lszh.ini in the \AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX directory. What do the letters after LSZH mean? Are both used or only one? Which one? Or do they even lead to errors? I may have got the LSZH.ini from the forum here I think, but not sure anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:16:27 pm »
I took the original and modified it with ADE. I rename the file extension of original to disable it and put in mine with another name.

Using a different name is wrong, because you'll then lose all the GSX customization for it, you'll lose docking systems, etc. If you really want to modify the AFCAD, use the SAME name or the original.

In any case, the only possible explanation, is there's a problem how you saved the file back with ADE. But again, we can't really support you on this.

The AFCAD that comes with Zurich is a 100% standard AFCAD, and it's compiled with the official BGLCOMP from the FSX SDK, if you make changes and it stops working correctly, it's something caused by you or the program you used, nothing in the original AFCADs has anything  that prevents user modifications.

Another question about the ini files. I have a lszh-z_ucwi.ini and a lszh.ini in the \AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX directory. What do the letters after LSZH mean? Are both used or only one? Which one?

Those are just random characters, which are made exactly for the purpose to allow your own GSX customization, based on different AFCADs so, if you used AFCADs with different names at any one time, you'll have a different .INI file for each one, and the one used, of course, will depend on which AFCAD you are using now so, only one will be used, and that's exactly how GSX is supposed to work.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:19:31 pm by virtuali »

blaunarwal

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:36:12 am »
Thanks a lot. I will try to use my afcad with the same name now.