Author Topic: Firetruck in Hilo  (Read 6255 times)

timmo73

Firetruck in Hilo
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:14:24 pm »
In Hilo there's a firetruck but it has only 2 wheels and the wheels are in the middle and not where wheels are supposed to be.  I applied the update but just thought it was weird.  Is there a fix for that? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Firetruck in Hilo
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 12:27:21 am »
Are you looking at it from far distance ? It might be that, due to LOD fps optimization, you are seeing the less complex model.

ddo2

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:55:19 am »
Define "distance".  I saw the same thing looking out the window of my J41.  I was at the gate at the middle of terminal, and it was near the end of the terminal.  But it was clearly a teeter-totter.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:44:44 am »
It's not possible to "define distance", since LOD is not a function of real world linear distance, but it's a function of how big the object is on your screen in *pixels* so, it's affected by your screen resolution, the width * height of your view window in relationship to the cockpit, and your zoom level.

Does it improve if you go near and/or if you put the zoom level to a less wide level ? If yes, then it's a matter of LOD, if no, then it might be a problem with that model.

ddo2

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:25:58 pm »
I saw it again.  It does not appear to change with distance.  I was parked at gate 22 and it was right at the end of the building.  It looks like a toy, with tires in the middle and big truck on top.  (I kind of like it, actually, it is amusing.) 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:14:29 pm »
I saw it again.  It does not appear to change with distance.  

Well, it's the first time you say it doesn't *change* with the distance. However, as I've said, it's not really dependent on the distance, but how the object is big on screen, regardless if you are close or far which means, you might be far, but zoomed in, or close and zoomed out, what counts is how many pixel the object will take on screen.

I've checked it, and can't find anything wrong with the firetruck at Hilo. It was the static or the animated one ? I see both of them correctly, though.

Have you set the SmallPartsRejectRadius tweak to an high value, like more than 2 ?

studentpilot55

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 07:03:40 pm »
I have the same problem at Lihue with the fuel truck and fire truck...
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHZ
12GB Ram
W7-64bit
256GB-SSD
750W Powersupply
nVidia GTX 460 1GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:26:40 pm »
I'm sorry, but I really can't replicate this, I see the Hilo firetruck just fine.

ddo2

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 12:50:28 am »
I did notice this on a couple of vehicles as well.  If I zoomed in a specific vehicle, eventually it "popped" to being right.  For some other reasons, I just did some updating of my video driver and settings, and now it seems to have gone away.  Worth mentioning for the other guy who has seen this.