Author Topic: Zurich 2.0 installed! but I lost scenery; jetways, buildings, etc  (Read 9420 times)

aircanadajet

Hi, I am missing jetways and and parts of buildings in my airports after installing Zurich 2.0... Although I removed the previous version to start with, I think I might it removed it incorrectly. I just uninstalled it from the Windows Control Panel, as there is not directions how to do it other wise in any doc. inside FSDt. Can someone please help me? I am desperate here :'( :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich 2.0 installed! but I lost scenery; jetways, buildings, etc
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:38:01 pm »
I just uninstalled it from the Windows Control Panel, as there is not directions how to do it other wise in any doc. inside FSDt.

There are no direction because the scenery uninstalls in the standard way of any other Windows program, which is the Control Panel so yes, that the one and only correct way to uninstall it.

The usual question:

- Do you see the Addon Manager menu ? Do you see the Couatl menu ?

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

aircanadajet

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 02:17:00 am »
Hi Umberto, I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. I don't have an anti virus, only Microsoft Security Essentials...and the simulator is installed on a different hard drive outside C:/. I am not sure why is not showing the jetways and other objects.... I am not a Windows user so it is hard sometimes to know what to do. Can you think of anything else? and the menus do show those two items you mentioned.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:59:43 am by aircanadajet »

aircanadajet

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 04:04:39 am »
Here is a screen shot: Dallas has missing all of the cargo area now... wow this is pretty scary!! Help!!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:10:07 am by aircanadajet »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 10:36:27 am »
Here is a screen shot: Dallas has missing all of the cargo area now... wow this is pretty scary!! Help!!!

That's not Dallas, it's Zurich.

However, your screenshot clearly shows your problem doesn't have anything to do with the antivirus issue. When this happens ALL buildings disappear, not just parts, and ALL jetways remains, because jetways are not handled by our modules so, even if they don't work, jetways will always appear.

Your post subjects was somewhat misleading, because it seemed you lost everything, while it's not the case, your screenshot clearly shows the scenery works, just some jetways are not shown.

If you are missing just some jetways or part of buildings, this might be caused by some things:

- Your view Zoom level is too wide, triggering LOD optimization, making some objects to disappear, if they reappear by zooming in a bit, that was the cause, and it's not a bug or a problem, it's just how the scenery is designed.

- You have incorrectly set FSX to run into one of the Compatibility mode in Vista/Win7, this is wrong and will cause a lot of issues. To check this, be sure you don't have *any* of the flags checked on the "Compatibility" tab for the FSX.EXE

- You use AES. Zurich 2.0 will require an AES update, since we changed the position of many jetways, and if using AES, it will try to exclude them to replace with its own, based on old positions which are no longer valid. We alerted Oliver Pabst of the issue as soon as Zurich 2.0 was released, so he'll have to work on an update for AES.

- If it's not one of these things, then it can only be another AFCAD for Zurich coming from another scenery or another product like an AI Traffic Package, use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find AFCAD duplicates for Zurich, and remove all the extra except the one in the fsdreamteam folder and the default.

aircanadajet

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 04:18:52 pm »
Sorry, I can understand your confusion on my post. What I meant is that the missing buildings are happening in Honolulu airport, and Dallas as well. That screen shot is only to show you that the jetways are missing in Zurich. So don't take everything I say meaning that is FSDTs fault, as it's probably and most likely my own fault or computer!...... I've been using some add on called: FSPS which is supposed to help the sim by increasing its frames per second and other things by 25% which I haven't noticed myself but anyways, thats beside the point here. And I have used the sim with and without it so is not that... as I approached a terminal things do become visible, and as I move away they disappeared, but I thought that was normal, even in real life that is how things work, sort of that way.
I think the only thing I see that you suggested is the AES. but I guess that is none of your business, and I will have to contact them. I will try the AFCAD thing you say and I will get back to you.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 05:28:19 pm »
I've been using some add on called: FSPS which is supposed to help the sim by increasing its frames per second and other things by 25%

That addon doesn't do anything other than applying well known fsx.cfg tweaks and, it does potentially problematic things to that file (like rewriting it in memory), in order not let you understand what it really does, as part of its protection.

I suggest removing it, and using this FREE website here:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

aircanadajet

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 01:03:35 pm »
Umberto, I deleted the app and followed the link you sent... and downloaded the latest version of AES and it works!!...... except that whenever I load a flight and everything is starting to load, like rex weather, and all the textures, basically the first couple of minutes of the sim, the airplanes doesn't stop jumping up and down! on the tarmac! so I am not sure why is that. I loaded a flight into las Vegas, and the airplane moved by itself a couple of feet and then stopped by itself.... it only happened in Zurich so far. Do you think my computer is too slow for your airports? I have a 3.2 ghz with two AMD dual core computer and 8 GB of ram. and a GXT 460 video card. I am just guessing here, although I had my frames per second set for unlimited before all of this happened and now I turned down to 30. So if you can think of something else that would really great! thanks!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 01:17:49 pm »
Umberto, I deleted the app and followed the link you sent... and downloaded the latest version of AES and it works!!...... except that whenever I load a flight and everything is starting to load, like rex weather, and all the textures, basically the first couple of minutes of the sim, the airplanes doesn't stop jumping up and down! on the tarmac!  

A loading time of two minutes seems very slow, and the jumping on the tarmac is surely not a problem of the scenery, can only be caused by another scenery in conflict, maybe another AFCAD coming from another scenery that has a slightly different ground altitude.

As I already wrote in my previous message, you can use the free FSX Airport Scanner to search for AFCAD duplicates.

aircanadajet

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 01:38:07 pm »
yeah its got to be something else. I hate when I expend hours trying to fix stupid problems like this, and once I fly I only do for half and hour because I am tired by then!Lol. When is LAX being release? Maybe you should tell me here and nobody we'll see!! I am so eager, I can't wait any longer!!! ;D

aircanadajet

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 04:29:54 pm »
HI Umberto, one more annoyance, I have multiple jetways in Zurich, I was wondering if you know what could be causing this? Here is a screen shot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 04:32:22 pm »
HI Umberto, one more annoyance, I have multiple jetways in Zurich, I was wondering if you know what could be causing this? Here is a screen shot

Are you using AES ? if yes, you have to turn it off at Zurich, until it gets updated to support Zurich 2.0, there was a similar discussion on the Aerosoft forum, and an AES update is coming.

aircanadajet

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 10:03:52 pm »
Ok. Great thanks!!