Author Topic: Zurich- no buildings  (Read 7679 times)

andreas

Zurich- no buildings
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »
Hi

After I tried the "demo", which worked perfectly fine, I bougth the airport, but now there is no buildings, only the jetways. I have Windows 7- 64 bit.
I cheked the other posts on the forum, and I have the couatl in the FSX-menu, inside the game. But I can't find the %APPDATA%.
I hope you will help me 

From Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich- no buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 01:21:35 pm »
There was a message here about Zurich:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4502.msg41179#msg41179

You can use that file, and it should work. However, it's not really needed anymore, since the new version is out just now.

andreas

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:59:20 pm »
It works fine now :) Thank you

From Andreas

Kurt

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 03:59:02 pm »
I have finally managed, that all my FSD-Airports got their buildings (also KSFO). First I uninstalled everything, downloaded the latest files from the product-site with MSE turned off. Checked everything but - what a surprise - LSZH V2 comes without any buildings. The couatle-programm is at the Addon-Window and at the Addon Manager Zurich is active. What is still wrong, Umberto?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 04:42:29 pm »
Checked everything but - what a surprise - LSZH V2 comes without any buildings. The couatle-programm is at the Addon-Window and at the Addon Manager Zurich is active. What is still wrong, Umberto?

If you manually replaced that Zurich.pye file that was posted here BEFORE Zurich V2 was released, you don't have to use it anymore, it works only for V1, and it will not show buildings in V2.

Remove the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\ZurichX folder, and reinstall Zurich V2.

The issue is, Uninstallers will not remove something they did not put there. So, if you put it manually before Zurich V2, you have to remove it manually.

Uninstalling Zurich V2 by replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?", will obtain the same effect, because in *that* case, the uninstaller will force-remove anything, allowing a full from scratch reinstallation.

Kurt

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 08:03:01 am »
Thanks Umberto. Now everything is OK. It took a long time, but finally I'm happy!

demarr62

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 03:22:07 am »
Umberto:

Just downloaded and installed the Zurich V2 file and now have no buildings, only jetways. I have not done any modifications to initial install of Zurich V 1 so did not manually add the Zurich.pye file as mentioned earlier. Do I still need to manually remove the following folder, FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\ZurichX, and reinstall the new V 2? I've checked all the files for the other FSDT airports under coutal and all folders have the same .pye file dated 2/7/2011 and all other airports display correctly, only Zurich has the problem.
Looking for a little direction on how to fix my problem.

Regards
Bob Demarest
Birmingham, Al.

demarr62

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:05:37 am »
Umberto:

Here's an update on my problem for the no buildings in Zurich V2. I uninstalled Zurich and added it back and now buildings appear, however now none of the other airports ( JFK, FLL, ORD, LAS & DFW) have any buildings. Removed all installs of FSDT packages including Zurich and added back in the order I purchased them. When I added DFW was instructed to update addon manager which I did to version 2.8.0.5, then completed the install of Zurich V2 and now all airports are functioning again with buildings and jetways.

Regards
Bob Demarest
Birmingham, Al.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 11:16:29 am »
It would have been probably enough to install just the Stand Alone Addon Manager.