Author Topic: AI Stacking Up...  (Read 7741 times)

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
AI Stacking Up...
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:17:44 am »
Noticed this (FS9 paid version). Don't see this problem at other airports, the AI seem to ignor that anyone else is there (including me!).

Only seems to be at the hold short point and on Taxiway M (they taxi right over top of you and each other)

)....

M-Sauce

Re: AI Stacking Up...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 01:06:50 pm »
I believe that is caused by the taxiways having no width in the AF2 file. I ran into the same problem when I made an AF2 for RJAA.

Mariano

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 01:38:35 pm »
A new afcad is on developing from Harpsi, when is ready, I fix the problem and add new approach procedure for the renamed runways, to match with last real procedure.

Alessandro.

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 05:18:28 pm »
Excellent!

OPabst

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 07:16:40 pm »
Try the afcad file which is in the chicago FS 9 section. I want as much answers as possible. I am trying to discover two issues, one of them, a big one: please confirm is aircrafts are making colisions. For some reason I tested now EDDF aerosoft, EBBR aerosoft, EGLL simwings and LFPG simwings, EHAM cloud 9, which are 5 big airports in Europe and this problem didn´t happen to me any time. Please, answer in the afcad section. I am off for today since I spent several hours with just an afcad file. Crosswind star system is functioning on this one.

Hi Harspi,

the reason for the collisions on the Taxiways are the "width" values of the Taxipathes in your AFCAD. They are mostly 0.10 instead of a "normal" values like 30.0. When I change them all the 30, all is fine.And, in front of the startpoint of Runway 32R, a hold short node is missing.
And please use the diamonts at the runwaycrossings, that's much better then long waiting aircrafts.
And please change the small gate positions minimum to a radius of 24, only where really only very small aircafts can park, use 18m.

Attached you find a "temporary" Patch of the original Afcad, which solve the collitions, until Harspi will provide a update.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:23:34 pm by OPabst »
brgds
Oliver Pabst

_Dre_

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 07:46:23 pm »
Thank you Oliver.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 10:53:23 pm »
Hi

I will start working now after 400 km trip. Now you discovered the problem. This issue comes from the very beginning. I was looking to those values I and found them strange but I did´t change nothing. Now, I will work some hours on this file and it should be ready during the night, if I don´t fall asleep before. :D

harpsi