Author Topic: Missing airport buildings  (Read 24364 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing airport buildings
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 10:15:21 pm »
Yes it is very empty.

You mean it's really empty, or it's similar to the one you posted before ? Can I have a look at it ?

Jolun

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 10:22:47 pm »
At installation the popup window is named "Open file Securtity warning". No other questions is asked. 

I never seen this message. Can you please be more precise, maybe doing a screenshot of it ?

If it's happening at installation, it's possible it's just because you ran the installer too quickly after FSX closed down, without allowing for Couatl to quit too, so the installer can't write anything because it finds all the files locked from writing since the process is still running.

See attached pic.

When I installed KDFW FSX hasn't been running for serveral minutes (not less than10 min)

Jolun

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 10:24:55 pm »
Yes it is very empty.

You mean it's really empty, or it's similar to the one you posted before ? Can I have a look at it ?

As in my earlier posts, what I mean is that the loading af your scenerys
couatl v2.0 (build 2141)
log started on Tue Jul 26 22:04:24 2011

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
disconnected from SimConnect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 10:25:32 pm »
see attached pic.

That's the normal security alert that Windows will give if you open ANY installer! It's absolutely normal, it's just asking if you want to run that installer, signed by that company.

It's always looked like that, and every installer of any software you run in Vista or Windows 7 will show the same warning, slightly different if the software is not signed.

Jolun

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 10:32:52 pm »
Accepting all the software from a company it's just one of the 3 options possible within the same Windows trusting question (the one with the Yellow shield and the Windows-styled dialog), then there will be the FSX trusting question, asking if you want to run the module just for one session, or for all subsequent sessions too.

Going back to this question. Is this trusted question going to pop up after the security alert pop up window (can't remember how it is for other s/W)? I have the UAC activated. Is it therefore I don't get this trusted questions?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:34:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 10:38:47 pm »
Going back to this question. Is this trusted question going to pop up after the security alert pop up window (can't remember how it is for other s/W)? I have the UAC activated. Is it therefore I don't get this trusted questions?

The trust question you posted the screenshot, is to ask permission to run the INSTALLER (Windows still doesn't know anything about what it contains) only.

THEN, after you completed the installation, you should get other two trusting questions, one to ask permission to run the Addon Manager, another to aks permission to run the Couatl engine.

In any case, you said Couatl IS runnig, it's pointless discussing about trust issues, because if it wasn't trusted, it wouldn't have launched at all, not running without doing anything, like it seems to do now. And, the Addon Manager is running too, because the Coautl log shows it has connected to it.

So, your issue doesn't have anything to do with trust problems or UAC or so, it's just strange Couatl is running  and doing nothing...

You need to wait a bit, because we have a special diagnostic version that I can send you. I'll send you a Private Message when it's ready.

Jolun

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:29 pm »
Ok, and thnax for your fast support :)

/Jonas

Jolun

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2011, 09:38:27 pm »
I ckecked under Control panel/Program & functions (don't konw the if this item is called that in einglish). I have no Cauatl line there. By thw way how is the debugging s/w going?

/Jonas

Jolun

SOLVED Re: Missing airport buildings
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2011, 10:48:11 pm »
It works now!  ::) I uninstalled my Fsdt scenaries and KSFO. Then I re-started my computer & installed KDFW. Thereaffter I re-started the computer. I started FSX at some other airport than Fsdt. The Couatl menu came up and it worked. After that I installed the rest of my Fsdt airports and KSFO (re booted computer). There where a lot of warning popups the first time I started FSX but after installing an new version of addon manager and a re-boot it finaly worked.

/Jonas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2011, 10:39:42 am »
Yes, because by reinstalling (it could be any scenery) you got the updated Addon Manager/Couatl we have online now, which fixed the issue that was found when installing KSFO, which caused exactly that: Couatl running, but not doing anything.