Author Topic: Flightbeam's San Francisco 2.0 screw up!  (Read 80446 times)

duckbilled

Re: Flightbeam's San Francisco 2.0 screw up!
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2011, 06:06:16 am »
Hello there. Thank you for all the hard work on this issue but unfortunately things are not working out for me and I am getting a little annoyed. 1 hour ago, I had a SFOv1 and LSZH that worked. Now neither work. If there is really a fix for this issue, it needs to be posted in one sticky - one post, no comments with 1, 2, 3 steps. Done venting.

Problems:
1. SFO has a concrete barrier and a crane in T2 but gates and AI appear at T2 (I know, this is a FB issue but I am waiting on authorization on their forums).
2. When I load LSZH, it is unflyable. I get great performance (with buildings) for 5 seconds and then a complete pause for 20 seconds. The start/stop continues until I switch to a different airport or close the sim.

What I did:

1. I already had SFOv1. I didn't not try to update it until the problem was resolved. I followed the advice in this thread (http://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=209) to download and install the file ksfo_fsx_setup.exe. I started the sim and found the concrete barrier and the crane at T2 along with the T2 gates and AI.

2. I took the advice in this thread to put the bglmanx_fbeam.dat in the root FSX folder and the pye file in the FSDT\Zurich\couatl\ZurichX. Now I get these terrible pauses at LSZH. They are very similar to the pauses you get from UT2 when it injects traffic. Those pauses, however, only happen once. The new LSZH pauses happen every 5 seconds. Makes me think simconnect is trying to do something, not succeeding and trying to do it again over and over again.

What did I do wrong?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:08:30 am by duckbilled »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2011, 07:21:33 am »
Jeff,

Tonight I updated KSFO and LSZH both to versions 2.0 and it worked fine. Here's what I did. Make sure your ORBX panel is at Default just to be safe.

1. Go to addon/remove programs and uninstall both KSFO and LSZH (if you have LSZH)
2. Open the scenery.cfg and make sure that the installer removed both entries, which it did but left a gap in layer numbers.
3. Installed both KSFO 2.0 and SFO 2.0
4. Opened the scenery.cfg with scenery cfg editor and placed them back in the spots where they originally were and renumbered to get rid of the gaps.
5. Tested both in FSX and each worked fine.

Also I tried LAS, ORD, DFW, etc. and all worked fine for me.

Maybe you should try this method and see what happens while you wait for Umberto to reply.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2011, 12:24:04 pm »
2. I took the advice in this thread to put the bglmanx_fbeam.dat in the root FSX folder and the pye file in the FSDT\Zurich\couatl\ZurichX. Now I get these terrible pauses at LSZH.

That advice is now not needed anymore, since Zurich has been just updated to 2.0 version.

If you use Zurich 2.0, there's no need to replace that file and, in fact, it will cause problems, because it came from Zurich 1.5.2 and it will probably result in missing objects and/or pauses. Instead, if you use Zurich 1.5.2, you have to use that .pye file.

Basically, using the installers that are online now, all the manual file-replacements suggestions discussed in this thread, are not needed anymore and, in fact, could cause problems.

duckbilled

« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2011, 04:00:22 pm »
Thanks Sean. It does seem logical that one would uninstall the old version and install the new version. Unfortunalty, the instructions over at FB don't specify that.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2011, 02:54:20 pm »
It does seem logical that one would uninstall the old version and install the new version. Unfortunalty, the instructions over at FB don't specify that.

Why would they?  I've always installed my updated sceneries over itself with no problems.  Unless its a scenery that requires uninstalling, why waste the time?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2011, 03:08:12 pm »
Why would they?  I've always installed my updated sceneries over itself with no problems.  Unless its a scenery that requires uninstalling, why waste the time?

Typically you shouldn't need to. The only reason I did so in this case was because a new terminal and textures were added, I wanted to make sure nothing from the old scenery was accidentally left behind.

Either way you should hopefully end up with the same results.

duckbilled

« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2011, 03:35:34 pm »
As it turns out, the crane and wall were left over from a Ray Smith ADE I had installed prior to buying FB's SFO so I guess either method would have worked.

I guess that's where the confusion was - is it brand new scenery or an update? I would install and update over the top but I would uninstall/install a completly new version.

Both SFO and LSZH are humming along now. Just need AES support and we'll be good.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »
I would install and update over the top but I would uninstall/install a completly new version.

FSDT updates are almost always new versions, and I always put them right over the top.  Saves the hassle of having to adjust the order of your scenery library because it goes back on top if you uninstall.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Capt. Brandon Bruschini

« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2012, 07:25:32 pm »
So.. Now I can install KSFO X and then my recently bought FSDT sceneries (KLAX, KLAS & PNHL) and just fix the 'bglmanx' file after the installation and all should be running good?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2012, 08:28:02 pm »
In theory, yes... unless you have something else interfering.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2012, 08:33:45 pm »
So.. Now I can install KSFO X and then my recently bought FSDT sceneries (KLAX, KLAS & PNHL) and just fix the 'bglmanx' file after the installation and all should be running good?

This post is several months old, and the problem has been fixed back then. And, if you install the fix that was posted here over the current version, it will surely not work anymore.

As I've wrote back in July:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4502.msg41334#msg41334

using the installers that are online now, all the manual file-replacements suggestions discussed in this thread, are not needed anymore and, in fact, could cause problems.

I've already replied to you in the other thread, please don't crosspost in this thread which is now obsolete and can only cause further confusion.

pcubine

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2012, 07:28:57 am »
What's going on here? Are KSFO and FSDT airports screwed up again. I thought that was taken care of last summer.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2012, 09:50:13 am »
What's going on here? Are KSFO and FSDT airports screwed up again. I thought that was taken care of last summer.

They aren't, it's just this thread was revived with no reason, the problem has been solved since last July.

BritishBoy25

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »
Flight beam is good but fsdt is better