Author Topic: its working, its not working, its working, its not working Virtualy please help  (Read 10105 times)

spinker

I have re-installed this program 4 times over and over again. I don't know why it does not stay, I keep losing couatl etc. The longest it has run on my computer is 1 week ending today I noticed that while at a parking spot with engine turned off and parking brake on when clicked on control-f12 I got the message to pick out a parking spot, well I was already in a parking spot tried this at other airports same result, restarted computer this time couatl was gone.
Uninstalled GSX and couatl and re-installed again now when in a parking spot I get this message
"no airport services are available at this position"
I just cannot get this program to run on my computer properly. As much as I want this program I am thinking of requesting a refund. It is taking up to much of my time to get it too work properly.
inevitably when I think it is running OK it goes down. I just purchased over 50.00 in new aircraft that would be compatible with opening and closing doors because I thought finally its running properly....yeah right. I'm not very happy.

I wrote this a week ago since then GSX seemed to be running properly.
Today 2/16/2012 GSX is gone again
Virtuali Addon Manager 2.9.0.1 is no longer listed in my addon scenery file.

If you cannot make this program to stay please arrange for a refund

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The problematic program that creates this, is not obviously GSX, but what is blocking it on your system. We'll probably now find out what it is.

Uninstalled GSX and couatl and re-installed again now when in a parking spot I get this message "no airport services are available at this position"

This doesn't have anything to do with Couatl, Addon Manager or anything. If you see this message, it means they ARE working so, please, let's deal with a problem AT TIME, because it can just get confusing.

Virtuali Addon Manager 2.9.0.1 is no longer listed in my addon scenery file.

I'm not sure what you mean with "addon scenery file." Do you mean the "Addons" menu under the FSX menu bar ? If yes, enable the Simconnect diagnostic, to see if it starts or not:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages: the FIRST 10 lines or so are important: you should try to note what they are saying. If the text scrolls too fast, use the Pause key on the keyboard.

spinker

Thank you for your quick response.

Im sorry if I sound frustrated.

First of all addon scenery I meant the addons menu in FSX (sorry about that)

2nd FYI my FSX folder is on my E:  drive

I have saved the code in a file named SIMCONNECT.INI per your instructions.

Dont understand:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

Cant find "Documents and Settings"/dont have "loggin" name for FSX. I'm Lost with this.

Larry

System
OS  Win 7 Pro 64 bit  | CPU  Intel Core i7-960  O.C. 4.1|  Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R  | Video Nvidea GeForce GTX 570--Nvidia  Driver:270.61- Corsair H70 Water Cooling- RAM  G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600  |E: Drive: All FSX SSD 480G OCZ OCZSSD2 |C: Drive 1TB WD |  Power Supply: Corsair 750 watt  |Case: Thermaltake M9

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Cant find "Documents and Settings"/dont have "loggin" name for FSX. I'm Lost with this.

The folder called "My documents" in your home directory (your "login" name is the name of your account in Windows )

spinker

Hello Virtuali

I want to be sure that I am doing this right. Im not sure I fully understand your instructions

On my computer  I have C:/Users/larry (my loggin name)/my documents/flight simulator X files.

Is this where you want me to put the SIMMCONNECT.INI?

I do not have "notepad" on my computer only "wordpad" will this be OK to use.

Dont understnd :

Save the file as SIMMCONECT.INI in "this" folder

WHAT FOLDER??

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Yes, that's the folder. I find difficult to believe you don't have Notepad on your system, since it comes with every windows installation. Try with wordpad, but be sure you save it in pure text format.

spinker

I have searched wordpd and found it.
Below are some results from diagnostic.

0.00000 simconnect version 10.0.6 61259.0

0.12666 Exe Launched Path="fsdreamteam\couatl1\couatl1.exe CommandLine="" version ="2.0.0 2298"

0.13535 Exe Launched: Path"E:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe" CommandLine="" Version"2.1.0.0"

0.13549 File not found: Path=\Texture x Load Editor\tml.exe"

0.13557 File not found: Path=\Texture x Load Editor\tml.exe"

0.13563 File not found: Path="E:\FSX\Flylogic\SeasonFileSwitcher.exe"

0.13570 File not found: Path="E:\FSX\Flylogic\SeasonFileSwitcherV2\SeasonFileSwitcherV2.exe"

0.13903 Exe Launched:  Path"=C:\Program Files  AutothumbnailAutothumbnail.exe"CommandLine"" Version="1.0.4.0"

4.29178 DLL Loaded:  Path"bglmanx.dll" Version"2.9.0.1

4.98869 DLL Loaded:  Path E:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\AA_CEJ4
\scenery\objectflow_cej4.dll "  Version 1.0.0.3

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
0.12666 Exe Launched Path="fsdreamteam\couatl1\couatl1.exe CommandLine="" version ="2.0.0 2298"

Are you *sure* this is really the diagnostic output, and you haven't edited/mistyped when copying it to the forum ?

If this is really what the diagnostic is saying, it means you have renamed both the couatl folder as couatl1, and you renamed couatl.exe to couatl1.exe AND you renamed the line that launches it in the EXE.XML file.

Nothing will ever work if you do this.

Uninstall GSX and  (IMPORTANT) reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?" and "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

BEFORE reinstalling, be sure there's no couatl1 or couatl folder left in your FSX\fsdreamteam, if there are, remove them both, then reinstall.

spinker

Hello,

This morning In checking FSDreamteam Couatl folder I only find 1 Couatl application size 1,176KB.

I have not renamed any files in either Couatl or GSX, I would not know how or why to do this.

I have re-installed both GSX and Couatl a number of times due too losing Couatl.

I was very carefull in copying the info that I saw In the DOS file that was created by SIMCONNECT.

I might have mistyped couatl once but not twice I'm sure this is what I saw.

Before I re-install I will wait to hear from you because whatever is changing or altering the Couatl folder must still be there.

At the present time I have already re-installed couatl and it seems to b e working properly.

It seems that GSX runs properly but when the computer is shut down for the day but when FSX is restated couatl is gone.

I have checked this morning the output for SIMCONNECT the only changes I can find is a backslash is missing  in 0.13903 and the reference numbers have all changed. corrected see below.

0.13903 Exe Launched:  Path"=C:\Program Files  Autothumbnail\Autothumbnail.exe"CommandLine"" Version="1.0.4.0"

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Before I re-install I will wait to hear from you because whatever is changing or altering the Couatl folder must still be there.

It's possible an antivirus might have done that, although it's a bit unusual it would rename a folder.

At the present time I have already re-installed couatl and it seems to b e working properly.

It seems that GSX runs properly but when the computer is shut down for the day but when FSX is restated couatl is gone.

Perhaps the antivirus is blocking/renaming it again when you reboot. But, it's strange it would do this without giving any warning.

spinker

Hello,

I have recently tried GSX and it loaded properly although SIMCONNECT is still showing it as couatl1.

Exe Launched Path="fsdreamteam\couatl1\couatl1.exe CommandLine="" version ="2.0.0 2298"

Should this be fixed and if so how.

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have recently tried GSX and it loaded properly although SIMCONNECT is still showing it as couatl1.

Exe Launched Path="fsdreamteam\couatl1\couatl1.exe CommandLine="" version ="2.0.0 2298"

As I've said, it's not normal that line would show couatl1.exe. We install it as couatl.exe, the only thing that can cause this, it's either a manual rename or an antivirus that renamed the file and even the folder it was in.

A solution was already posted in my previous message:

Uninstall GSX and  (IMPORTANT) reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?" and "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

BEFORE reinstalling, be sure there's no couatl1 or couatl folder left in your FSX\fsdreamteam, if there are, remove them both, then reinstall.

pete_auau

Hello,

Larry

just  to  test  the  virus  theory  have  you  tried  disabling  your  virus protection to see  if  it  happens  again when u  reboot   and  have  you  tried installing  gsx  with  out the virus  protection  on

spinker

I use Norton and have all antivirus turned off other than email protection.

Couatl has been running properly now for 2 days.

I have searched my computer for "couatl1" and did not find any reference to it other than when running SIMCONNECT.

I am also finding after using SIMCONNECT that when I start FSX Im am now getting a message warning me not to install a particular file as it has been corrupted a sample of the is below:

E:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_Y\OBJECTFLOW_YMML.DLL

I have installed anyway.

I have not checked with ORBX yet what to do, It has happened twice with different files.

This makes me concerned about using SIMCONNECT.

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
E:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_Y\OBJECTFLOW_YMML.DLL

I have installed anyway.

I have not checked with ORBX yet what to do, It has happened twice with different files.

This makes me concerned about using SIMCONNECT.

If you mean the white error box that FSX sometimes displays, suggesting a module might not working correctly ? It's usually harmless, it happens to our modules too sometimes, and I believe it's related on some way to the trust system going astray, it's usually cured by a Windows reboot, and always allowing the module to run anyway.

Simconnect it's an integral part of FSX, and it's used by any 3rd party addon module, so it's safe to use and you really can't do without it. If it gets corrupted or doesn't work for any reason, no 3rd party modules will work, and an FSX repair or reinstall would be needed.