Author Topic: Cloud9 "Fly the Lakes" automatic installing  (Read 8271 times)

Alexku65

Cloud9 "Fly the Lakes" automatic installing
« on: July 25, 2011, 10:19:34 am »
Hello everyone.
First I want to compliment with you about the graphics of your products. Truly exceptional.

Secondly, I would be strongly interested in buying the product FS9 Geneva Cointrin BUT only after you have figured out how to solve a problem that the demo of the product described above has caused to me.
After demo installation and during the opening of Flight Simulator (2004 - version 9.1) the following quote comes up: The product Cloud 9 - "Fly the Lakes!" is correctly installed but not Active on this Pc. Do you want to Activate it now?(I have to point out that NEVER I bought or activated in the past ANY of the Cloud 9 products). At this point no action is possible. After few sec the program stops loading and only a forced close down with TaskManager is possible.
In order to return to a normal use of Flight Sim 2004 I had to uninstall the demo.
My question is: Is there any chance to avoid all this? (that is: to install the scenario without the activation of Cloud 9?)

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cloud9 "Fly the Lakes" automatic installing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:25:25 pm »
After demo installation and during the opening of Flight Simulator (2004 - version 9.1) the following quote comes up: The product Cloud 9 - "Fly the Lakes!" is correctly installed but not Active on this Pc. Do you want to Activate it now?(I have to point out that NEVER I bought or activated in the past ANY of the Cloud 9 products)

That text comes out if there's a Serial Number (any serial number, even a wrong one...) in your registry for Cloud9 Fly the Lakes and it comes out just because you haven't activated. Perhaps you inserted a Serial for another product into the Fly the lakes by mistake, even in the past.

At this point no action is possible. After few sec the program stops loading and only a forced close down with TaskManager is possible.

That question has a button with a Yes or No, so two actions are possible, Yes, which will probably result in failure (since you said you never purchased Fly the Lakes, so your Serial is likely incorrect) or No, which will continue to FS9, with the product left in Trial state.

In order to return to a normal use of Flight Sim 2004 I had to uninstall the demo.

If the program crashed, it's because you haven't read the alert labeled as "IMPORTANT" on the Cloud9 page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

IMPORTANT

If the Cloud9 product you purchased doesn't have an FSDT updated installer yet, you have to install the Cloud9 product first, then update the Stand-alone Addon Manager

Since Fly the Lakes is not listed has having an FSDT installer, it's likely the Addon Manager that came with it with the Cloud9 installer doesn't work on current OS, and will likely crash.

To fix the activation request (if it doesn't go away after upgrading the Addon Manager), check your registry with the REGEDIT program, and open this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cloud9\Fly the Lakes

Check you don't have a Serial number there. If you have it, remove the key.

Alexku65

Re: Cloud9 "Fly the Lakes" automatic installing
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:40:01 pm »
Tks for your reply.  But regarding your statements :

That question has a button with a Yes or No, so two actions are possible, Yes, which will probably result in failure (since you said you never purchased Fly the Lakes, so your Serial is likely incorrect) or No, which will continue to FS9, with the product left in Trial state.

I mean that no action is possible even if there are the two bottons "yes" and "no" because the program crashes (or better...simply become "inactive").

Anyway I ll try to solve the problem following your suggestions.
Many thanks.
Sandro
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:47:29 pm by virtuali »