FSDreamTeam forum
December 02, 2020, 07:25:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxed Version - Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport  (Read 5429 times)
Athan

« on: July 24, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »

Was there a Cloud9 Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Boxed CD Version released?
I know that there was for Los Angeles, but what about for KDCA?
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »

I don't see what good would make you a boxed version.

The boxed version for KLAX wasn't very useful: it was just a piece of plastic which was more expensive because it included a CD and a box and had to be shipped, with no printed documentation anyway and, users with the CD versions had to download the full installer from here anyway, since the scenery was upgraded several times in the meantime so, they could even throw away the CD, since it was basically useless, the only thing valuable inside was the Serial Number. The boxed version for KLAX, of course, used exactly the same kind of online activation anyway...

We believe boxed version made this way didn't make any sense...if you need a Serial Number, you can purchase it way more easily by downloading it, and use the scenery immediately after having purchased it.

Athan

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »

I understsand your point, but I would like to purchase it for my best friend's birthday.
It is much more presentable to give a CD version rather than something on a flashdrive.
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:52:59 AM »

I understsand your point, but I would like to purchase it for my best friend's birthday. It is much more presentable to give a CD version rather than something on a flashdrive.

I understand but, I'm afraid we should get into the habit of giving non-physical items, like the iTunes gift cards, etc.

Athan

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:35:04 AM »

I recently purchased the Boxed version of LAX, but what I am asking is if a publisher has a boxed version of Washington.
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 01:39:31 AM »

I recently purchased the Boxed version of LAX, but what I am asking is if a publisher has a boxed version of Washington.

Nobody has it, because none was ever made. My remarks were made to explain why we have no plans to do boxed products.

Athan

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 01:54:20 AM »

Nobody has it, because none was ever made. My remarks were made to explain why we have no plans to do boxed products.

Okay, that's what I wanted to know. I understand your argument, but for me owning a boxed version is the same as owning a book versus a digital version.
Personally, I would much rather want a boxed version of something over a download. I just have a better sense of satisfaction. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: