Author Topic: Bleed thru at PHOG?  (Read 39969 times)

masondom

Re: Bleed thru at PHOG?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 05:08:39 pm »
Thanks very much.

The last fix works like a charm, here !

Dom
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:54:24 pm by masondom »

9Y-POS

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 07:34:16 pm »
Works perfectly now, thank you very much ;D

G.Bosak

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 10:29:44 pm »
new fix doesn't work on my todays flight: KSFO -PHOG

with my FSX standard settings (cause of some of my ORBX sceneries):

mesh complexity at 100%

mesh resolution at 2m

texture resolution at 7cm

Ethan744N763

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 04:41:42 am »
So far PHLI-PHOG, no bleeding but I will see if it works tommorow from KSEA.

If I modify the gates and stuff to my liking in ADE will it change the altitude automatically to the nearest centimeter instead of millimeter even if I don't touch the modify airport altitude feature?

Ethan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 01:29:23 pm »
new fix doesn't work on my todays flight: KSFO -PHOG

I'm sorry, but that's just not possible, it's clearly a problem of your system now, since you can see from messages from all the other users that HAD the bleeding, this fixed it for everyone. This has been confirmed on the FS9 forum as well, it fixed the problems for everyone there too.

Be SURE you installed BOTH files in the correct folders, and be sure you downloaded the latest files.

with my FSX standard settings (cause of some of my ORBX sceneries):

Have you tried with OUR suggested settings, which are Mesh Resolution at 10m and Texture resolution at 60cm ? Does it make any difference ?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:34:15 pm by virtuali »

Paul Deemer

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 10:06:07 pm »
Virtuali, fix works for me as well. I think the people that still having problems are putting the wrong files in the wrong folders. Once files are in the CORRECT folders should work for everyone?

Example of where the 2 files should go.

\FSX\fsdreamteam\PHOG\scenery\AFX_PHOG.bgl

\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery\FSDT_PHOG_ALT.BGL
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:24:53 pm by Paul Deemer »

Ethan744N763

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 11:29:33 pm »
Just landed with no bleeding ;D

The terminals, jetways, buildings and towers were gone (not the runways signs, windsurfers or trees though...) and this seems to happen sometimes. Might be a memory issue because it was a long flight with no 4X.

But the bleeding is fixed  :D

QUESTION: I want to modify the gate assignments and other preferences in ADE. I'm afraid to do that because I don't know if (even if I don't touch the change altitude tool) it will automatically round up the airport altitude to the nearest centimeter instead of millimeter. Anyone know? I don't like seeing all the AI planes at the wrong gates or being assinged runways that are rarely ever used in the real world...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:32:22 pm by Ethan744N763 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 11:45:32 pm »
I'm afraid to do that because I don't know if (even if I don't touch the change altitude tool) it will automatically round up the airport altitude to the nearest centimeter instead of millimeter.

I'm not sure about ADE, because it shows the altitude correctly with 3 decimal points in the Airport properties, but selecting "Change Airport Altitude" use only 2 decimal points. However, you would notice 1 cm difference regarding AI and, as long it rounds up, there shouldn't be any risk of bleeding coming back.

In any case, be careful with ADE because, I've noticed it always save back the file with the "DeleteAllApproaches="TRUE" parameter set, even if in the original .BGL it was set to False, like in most of our airports. If you don't edit it back to false, you'll lose all the default Approaches when saving back the file.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be possible to edit this parameter with ADE (it's always greyed out) so you'll have to configure ADE to keep the XML code when compiling, then edit the XML manually, and compile it back with the MS BGLCOMP program from the SDK. This will also allow you to check what's happened with the altitudes.

Ethan744N763

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:21 pm »
Thanks for the response virtuali.

Actually I'm pretty sure no one has to open any XML codes if they don't want to. All I do is go to tools - load stock data - check the approaches box - load. Bam approaches present in FS. Unless any new approaches were added in the scenery the default approaches always display for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 11:57:14 pm »
Actually I'm pretty sure no one has to open any XML codes if they don't want to. All I do is go to tools - load stock data - check the approaches box - load. Bam approaches present in FS.

Yes, of course, that would work too. We just don't do it, since it seems a bit inefficient to me to have a command to remove all default approaches, only to have another copy of them in my .BGL...

Paul Deemer

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:20 am »
The terminals, jetways, buildings and towers were gone (not the runways signs, windsurfers or trees though...) and this seems to happen sometimes. Might be a memory issue because it was a long flight with no 4X.

Not sure if this is your problem or not but there is a known bug in FSX where over long flights parts of the aircraft will start to disintegrate and/or when arriving at airports certain buildings will be missing or corrupted. The fix is to edit your FSX.CFG and paste in the following line. It should go under the [GRAPHICS] Section.

HIGHMEMFIX=1
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:28:54 am by Paul Deemer »

Ethan744N763

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2011, 02:16:19 am »
Wow thanks Paul. Will test it soon :)

G.Bosak

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011, 03:49:23 am »
having finished my actual flight i can also give green lights for the settings:

mesh complexity at 100%

mesh resolution at 2m

texture resolution at 15cm

no bleeding at PHOG again.

And finally what was ist the reason the bleeding didn't appear at BHOG departure but at arrival, Umberto?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:06:58 am by G.Bosak »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:18 am »
And finally what was ist the reason the bleeding didn't appear at BHOG departure but at arrival, Umberto?

It's the lack of the small .BGL file correctly put in the Scenery\World\Scenery

Boeing787

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2011, 06:08:25 am »
Hey Umberto

Do I need to get rid of the old bgl before placing the new bgl in the PHOG Scenery folder?

Joel
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7