Author Topic: Bleed thru at PHOG?  (Read 39971 times)

G.Bosak

Re: Bleed thru at PHOG?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 12:32:09 am »
another question?

why is the PHOG airport groundlayout "popup"-radius that small, it's @ ~6 DME?

The buildings popup earlier.

Ethan744N763

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 03:14:36 am »
 :-[

Just completed a 4:40 flight (in 4X speed) from KOAK to PHOG. As soon as the radar altimeter called "10" the bleeding appeared. I am using all the files posted above and every mesh and terrain setting (other then water) is maxed out. I never have this problem with any of the other Hawaiian airports even when flying from the mainland (4+ hours).

I hope a solution can come up.

I also didn't notice any memory issues, all the buildings, jetways etc. displayed normally and my FPS were always 20+

How do you change the airport elevation other then in ADE or another payware airport editor?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 10:40:44 am »

No, it's not, if you are referring to ground vehicles, their range it's 0.5 NM for each group of objects measured from each center point but, you can control it with the Anti-popup setting in the Addon Manager, which can go up to 30, that's why it default to a small value, so users with low-end system don't experience fps loss, and users with fast systems can just crank the Anti-pop setting and increase all the ranges up to 30x.

However, nothing will be loaded anyway outside the global scenery range, which is 10.0 NM (regardless of high the Anti-popup is), which is the range of the main buildings so, with Anti-popup at 30, everything will be loaded at 10.0NM.

But, as usual, it's not so simple, because some objects like ground vehicles, also have a maximum altitude visibility range, and they also have several complexity levels so, for example, cars in the parking lot appear more and more dense when going close.

G.Bosak

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 03:00:48 pm »

No, it's not, if you are referring to ground vehicles,

No, i am still referring to airport ground textures which are loading at exactly 6.1 DME (situation at 6.5 DME attached) And this is very uncommon for your Airports, i'd say. Normally this happens at ~9.5 DME.

Btw. the latest BGL fix, makes no difference, had another flight from KSFO to PHOG.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 03:22:06 pm »
No, i am still referring to airport ground textures which are loading at exactly 6.1 DME (situation at 6.5 DME attached) And this is very uncommon for your Airports, i'd say. Normally this happens at ~9.5 DME.

Ok, it wasn't very clear. In that case, then no, they are not dependent by the Addon Manager at all, we might have to tweak the loading ranges, because we usually do larger airports, and that value is related to the overall area.

Btw. the latest BGL fix, makes no difference, had another flight from KSFO to PHOG.

Well, as I've said, I still haven't the pleasure to see it. Yesterday I even tried a flight from KSFO myself (using time acceleration, though) but still can't see it.

However, there might be good news, since Fabrizio "Simbio" (the Hawaii2 scenery developer) CAN reproduce it on his system and no, it doesn't seem to require a very long flight, since he can see it on a short flight too inside the islands so, I hope he should be able to fix it in the end.

Ethan744N763

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 04:56:19 pm »
I don't mean to push it right now but just to let you know I flew an Island Air Dash-8-100 from HNL to OGG (20 min flight) and the bleeding appeared.

Hopefully Simbio will come up with something :)

9Y-POS

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 06:08:03 pm »
However, there might be good news, since Fabrizio "Simbio" (the Hawaii2 scenery developer) CAN reproduce it on his system and no, it doesn't seem to require a very long flight, since he can see it on a short flight too inside the islands so, I hope he should be able to fix it in the end.

Wow, that's great news, going crazy trying to figure this out ;D

Silverbird

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 07:34:10 pm »
been busy over here haven't had a chance to see if on my system if I get the bleed thru but will check it out today. running it in demo mode  :'( some unforeseen expense came at the wrong time.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

G.Bosak

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2011, 03:52:55 am »
The texture bleeding doesn't happen at PHKO (thank flightsim god! :)), so only PHOG seems to be affected.

Ethan744N763

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2011, 04:32:39 am »
Yah I flew from KLAX-PHKO with no issue the other day and just completed KDEN-PHKO also with no bleeding.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2011, 08:26:24 am »
That's why fixing this might be tricky: we haven't done anything special or different at PHKO to prevent it! So maybe, there's some interaction with what's in the default scenery in each area.

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2011, 12:40:26 pm »
Whe have find a solution after testing all the day, we will post files for the moment later in the weekend due family duty.
A final patch will adress the bleeding problem for FSX and FS9  and other bug on Monday.
Really sorry and thank you for your patience.
Fabrizio

Ethan744N763

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2011, 07:18:26 pm »
Yes, very glad to hear that Simbio! Before the final patch, should we remove the AFCAD and other files posted here and replace them with the originals first?

Thanks!

Ethan

masondom

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2011, 12:19:59 pm »
Thanks very much. i can wait until tomorrow ;)

got the same issue at PHOG.

(bought the Hawaïan package and waouw...incredible).

Worth to come back in Hawai in a few months or in a year  to make a Vol. 3 ! but i know, you already posted something about it.  Thanks
Dom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2011, 02:33:06 pm »
There's no need to wait tomorrow, you can start trying the files attached here.

As before, the larger AFCAD should be in the fsdreamteam\PHOG\scenery folder, the smallest one, in the main Scenery\World\Scenery folder