Author Topic: CTDs with Hawaii  (Read 5830 times)

ddo2

CTDs with Hawaii
« on: July 30, 2011, 06:44:04 pm »
I have purchased all three HI packages and have started getting CTDs.  I have a couple other FSDT airports (KLAS and KJFK) and this is the first time I've had problems.  I had a CTD while setting up the J41 on the ramp at PHOG and another inflight to PHNL, about 40 miles out.  Everything seems to work fine, and then it crashes.  This was not happening before.  To the extent it matters, I have UTX and GTX (and REX and a few other add-ons).  All sceneries are active.  Any thoughts on to isolate this or de-bug would be helpful.  Thanks. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTDs with Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »
and another inflight to PHNL, about 40 miles out. 

This safely exclude any problem with the scenery, since its loading area it's exactly 10NM.

A crash 40NM out is possibly related to AI instead, like a missing or corrupted texture, and it's possible you think you have it only after installing Hawaii, but just because installing an addon airport with a different AFCAD will change the AI schedule and which AI appears.

ddo2

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 12:06:54 am »
Thanks, that's actually helpful.  I'll keep looking.  I had to exclude the scenery since that's the most recent change. 

ddo2

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »
Ok, so I do think it is an AI issue.  When planes generate on the ground, I get a crash.  Is there a way to fix this easily?  I use UT2, by the way.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 12:26:08 am »
In this case, the Flight1 support forum might be the best place to start.

johndrago

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 06:25:26 pm »
In this case, the Flight1 support forum might be the best place to start.

I had this several months ago when I installed UT2.  For testing, turn off "moving jetways", and GA aircraft, and see if it fixes the problem.  It did for me and at least one other. 

Read this entire thread in the Honolulu FSX forum to see if it's similar to your problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4201.0

-John

ddo2

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 08:56:23 pm »
John, that's kind of the same, but mine is more random.  I did a lot of interisland flying this weekend, and places where it crashed:

At the gate at PHOG while pre-flighting
Landing PHOG
Approaching PHNL (about 30-40 miles out)
Landing PHMK (not an FSDT airport, but close enough that it might be the same issue)

I just updted UT2 (I apparently missed an update), that might help.   I looked the thread, what is this video exaustion people talk about?  I was always under the impression that the video doesn't really matter in FSX, it is all about CPU (i7-920 @3.6).  My video card is ok, but nothing special (GTX 260).

One other thing: that poster isolated the module.  How do you do that? 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:05:32 pm by ddo2 »