Author Topic: Bleed thru at PHOG?  (Read 39974 times)

9Y-POS

Bleed thru at PHOG?
« on: July 20, 2011, 06:42:25 pm »
I purchased Hawaii II yesterday and all seems well except for the bleed thru on the runway on approach, haven't noticed the issue on takeoff.....changed the priority in the scenery library but no improvement. PHKO is fine though, so seems a bit puzzling.
Also checked the scenery/ world/ scenery folder and noticed there was a PHOG. ALT.BGL  can this have anything to do with the issue?

Many Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bleed thru at PHOG?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »
Also checked the scenery/ world/ scenery folder and noticed there was a PHOG. ALT.BGL  can this have anything to do with the issue?

That file is there just to *prevent* the issue to be happening when approaching.

9Y-POS

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:50:16 pm »

That file is there just to *prevent* the issue to be happening when approaching.

can it be edited in anyway seeing that i'm not experiencing the desired intent?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:26:57 pm »
That file look fine, try with the attached AFCAD, in the fsdreamteam\PHOG\scenery folder

9Y-POS

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 09:38:45 pm »
That file look fine, try with the attached AFCAD, in the fsdreamteam\PHOG\scenery folder

Unfortunately the bleed persists, this is an image after the modified afcad

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/stanmantt/2011-7-20_16-59-40-374Medium.jpg
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:20:30 am by virtuali »

curt1

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 01:00:43 am »
I'm experiencing the bleed also, same as in the image.

Update:  I've completed another flight (still PHOG Rwy 2), and this time it didn't bleed at all.  I don't know how to explain a problem that occurs only occasionally, but that's what it appears to be.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:24:55 am by curt1 »

G.Bosak

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 05:29:15 am »
Same problem here, as i had with PHNL when it was released.

@ PHNL => with Mega-scenery Hawaii installed => texture bleeding (when arriving, never at departure, and never when from departing from another Hawaii island, I have to arrive from KSFO or e.g NTAA to trigger it (pls make this a fixed part on any beta-testing)

deactivating Hawaii photoscenery made no difference, got fixed meanwhile

Now @PHOG bleeding again, no installed scenery at this island, but having "The Hawaiian Islands - Kauai" installed, deactivating and deinstalling doesn't make any diffference

@ KSFO from Mir, he fixed the texture bleeding issue (when arraving this airport) a day after release with a bgl, which seemed to be missing in world/scenery folder => had installed Mega-scenery San Francisco before

tested with mesh resolution 10/5/2 meters, without success. My mesh is FS Global08

Umberto, i hope you get this fixed soon, these texture bleeding issues every time with new Hawaiian airports are really annoying, errors like this can't really pass any serious QA, if there is any.  :D

btw. the hawaiian Flag pole at the backside of the airport is hovering (of course having photographic proof), pls fix this before nitpicking german flightsim-journalists badmouth your beautiful sceneries based on issues like that, cause they can't find any serious points  ;D

will approach PHKO today, any bet if ground-texture will be bleeding, when arriving from US west coast?  :)

regards
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:20:43 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 10:19:56 am »
@ KSFO from Mir, he fixed the texture bleeding issue (when arraving this airport) a day after release with a bgl, which seemed to be missing in world/scenery folder => had installed Mega-scenery San Francisco before

This already comes with PHOG, and it's supposed to prevent the bleeding.

Umberto, i hope you get this fixed soon, these texture bleeding issues every time with new Hawaiian airports are really annoying, errors like this can't really pass any serious QA, if there is any. 

Don't you think that if we HAD this error, the scenery would be released ? Of course we can't reproduce it, I was never able to see it at PHNL for example, we had to keep fixing things at random, waiting for users report, until we hit the right fix by chance, because you just can't test for an error, if you don't see it on your system first.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 10:24:09 am »
Unfortunately the bleed persists, this is an image after the modified afcad

Without forgetting to point that I can't see nothing of the sort (both before and after the modified AFCAD), the irregular shape of your bleeding, seems to indicate it's caused by another terrain in the area, what mesh are you using ?

However, this shouldn't simply happen, because the scenery of course comes with a proper flatten command, which should flatten the WHOLE airport area to the correct altitude so, either right or wrong, higher or lower, what you are supposed to see it's a FLAT airport which means, even if you had a bleeding, it should have at least FLAT, not irregular and bumpy as in your screenshot.

Which means, the flatten is not working for a reason.

What is your frame rate there ?

9Y-POS

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:51:03 am »
Just wanted to add that I don't have any mesh installed for this region, everything is stock. I didn't have any other bleed thru areas in the region except for PHNL, which has  seen been fixed. Maybe the same methods can be applied to fix phog, because the problems seems so similar?

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 12:38:43 pm »
Could you please try the files attached here ?

As before, the larger AFCAD should be in the fsdreamteam\PHOG\scenery folder, the smallest one, in the main Scenery\World\Scenery folder

9Y-POS

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 06:00:33 pm »
Could you please try the files attached here ?

As before, the larger AFCAD should be in the fsdreamteam\PHOG\scenery folder, the smallest one, in the main Scenery\World\Scenery folder

Ok i gave these files a try but unfortunately i think it made it just a tad worse :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 07:26:06 pm »
Ok i gave these files a try but unfortunately i think it made it just a tad worse

I'm sorry, but it's simply not possible: the same files entirely fixed the issue for another user! There's something really wrong with your system or your settings.

Can you try to move your FSX.CFG file to a different location (like your Desktop) and let FSX create a new one from scratch ?

Also, try to reset your Video card Control Panel to default settings too.

Paul Deemer

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 07:55:06 pm »
I use FS Global 2010 along with GEX and UTX and had this flickering texture bleed through problem at PHNL a year ago. The solution was to set the Mesh Complexity to 100, Mesh Resolution to 10 Meters and 1 Meter for Textures.

Ethan744N763

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 10:06:36 pm »
Just finished a flight and I have the same problem.

I flew from KLAX-PHKO (no problems at PHKO) then decided to hop over to Kahului. Like others have reported, this never happens to me during takeoff.

I am using a freeware mesh but deleted everything that has to do with PHOG. Just to check I flew from PHLI to Kahului with the mesh deactivated and it still bled through (just the runways). On a side note, all the buildings were there but the jetways were not...

I have my mesh resolution and texture set higher then reccomended above but not the mesh complexity. I will give it a try soon.

I had this similar problem with PHNL when it came out but when I reinstalled a year later it was all fixed (using Megascenery btw). So whatever the fix was at PHNL, might work here....

EDIT: Maybe it only happens with the sim isopen for a longer period of time? If I just takeoff, fly around the island then land again there is no problem. I will try the files above now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:08:57 pm by Ethan744N763 »