Author Topic: Huge problem  (Read 10495 times)

Pontiac151

Huge problem
« on: July 20, 2011, 05:05:28 am »
I have the installer here for KLAS. I installed it, but when I started up FS04, it shut down before it got to home screen. I ran the uninstaller in the main FS9 folder, and it still does it.

Suggestions? I wanna fly!! :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Huge problem
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:51:36 am »
If FS9 quits to desktop, it means you have a problem of mis-matched versions of the Addon Manager, some files are old and some are new.

This might be caused by your antivirus mistakenly thinking the Addon Manager is a threat, so it blocked the download of the current version, it can be usually fixed this way:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Turn the Antivirus OFF.

- Reinstall the scenery, don't launch FS9 yet.

- Configure your antivirus to exclude the following file from scanning:

\YourFS9Folder\MODULES\bglman.dll

- Turn the antivirus back ON, launch FS9.

Pontiac151

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:03:16 pm »
Thanks for the tips, was a little too late and uninstalled it. Now to re-install.....

Pontiac151

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 05:25:29 am »
Well I uninstalled and reinstalled, but didnt remove all settings and files. Still does it, now do what you suggested?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32:26 am »
Well I uninstalled and reinstalled, but didnt remove all settings and files. Still does it, now do what you suggested?

It's not very clear from your message *what* you have uninstalled. Our uninstaller will remove ANYTHING it installed, if you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?", otherwise it will remove only the scenery.

Pontiac151

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 06:51:56 pm »
I'm talking about FS9.... uninstalled and reinstalled it but didnt remove any settings or files and it still does it. It says when I try to start the installer for KLAS that it needs the 9.1 update, but then when I do the 9.1 update, it says its installed?

Do I still do what you initally said to do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 07:23:08 pm »
I'm talking about FS9.... uninstalled and reinstalled it but didnt remove any settings or files and it still does it

That's normal, every uninstaller removes only what IT has installed, not what other installers did.

So, there wasn't any need to reinstall FS9, since all our sceneries have of course a proper Uninstaller, which also asks you if you want to remove the Addon Manager, which is exactly what I've told you to do, and this would have entirely removed anything, allowing to start FS9 normally, and correctly reinstall by configuring the antivirus correctly.

It FS9 still quits to desktop, it's because you haven't followed all the steps correctly. In this case, you haven't uninstaller KLAS, and/or haven't replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" that the KLAS Uninstaller will ask at the end of its process.

when I try to start the installer for KLAS that it needs the 9.1 update, but then when I do the 9.1 update, it says its installed?

This because, not having removed FS9 entirely, there's still a "BACKUP" folder which was installed by the 9.1 updater, which is what the 9.1 installer checks to see if it's already installed. If you remove that folder, the 9.1 update will proceed.

Do I still do what you initally said to do?

Yes, of course, that was the only thing that you should have done.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:19:38 am by virtuali »

Pontiac151

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 06:55:58 am »
Well it says it needs the 9.1 update, but when I run the 9.1 update, says its already installed. it says my FS9/MODULES/g3d.dll is from 9.0.. Looks like I'll just un-install FS9 again and remove ALL settings and files. I'll just copy my present FS9 folder and replace it when I re-install it if it lets me...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 10:20:22 am »
Well it says it needs the 9.1 update, but when I run the 9.1 update, says its already installed.
รน

I'll repeat again what I've wrote in my previous message:

This because, not having removed FS9 entirely, there's still a "BACKUP" folder which was installed by the 9.1 updater, which is what the 9.1 installer checks to see if it's already installed. If you remove that folder, the 9.1 update will proceed.