Author Topic: Runway 2 Disappears at PHOG  (Read 15430 times)

Kelleymoe

Runway 2 Disappears at PHOG
« on: July 20, 2011, 02:20:22 am »
What am I doing wrong?  As you can see, the runway at PHOG is disappearing as I taxi down the runway.  It's ok if I start at PHOG, but I have problems if I try and land.  This issue last until I exit the runway.  However, everything is fine at PHKO.  I had a similar problem with Vol 1.  PHLI had this problem, but PHTO was fine.  I think you fixed it with a patch.  

I forgot to add, I don't have any other Hawaii sceneries installed and I'm not using UT.  The only add-on scenery activated in my scenery directory is Hawaiian Airports Vol 2.

Here's the photos from inside the plane at PHOG:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/phog.jpg/

and the second one is the outside looking down (same location).

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/8/phog1.jpg/

Thanks,

Mike
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:09:13 pm by Kelleymoe »

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
Re: Runway 2 Disappears at PHOG
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:56:10 pm »
Are you using the Mesh settings as suggested in the manual, which is Complexity at 100 and Resolution at 10m/pixel (all the slider to the right on terrain option apart water)
Tell us about your hardaware: graphic card driver installed Ati/nvidia, cpu and ram.
If anyone else please report with hardware spec.
Thank you
Fabrizio

Ben F.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:16:14 pm »
Having the same issue.

ATI HD 4650 1 GB
i7 920 Processor
9GB DDR3 RAM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:52:06 pm »
Try with the attached files, the larger AFCAD should be in the fsdreamteam\PHOG\scenery folder, the smallest one, in the main Scenery\World\Scenery folder

Ben F.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 07:40:27 am »
Installed those and still having the same issue.

aev

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 10:02:07 am »
Hello...i purchase hawaiian airports vol2 for FS9 and i have the same problem in PHOG,about to land ,the runway vanish, disappears, the two bgls above not solved this problem for me,i wait for a fix please   ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:05:52 am by aev »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:05:11 am »
Hello...i purchase hawaiian airports vol2 for FS9 and i have the same problem in PHOG,about to land ,the runway vanish, disappears, the two bgls above not solved this problem,i wait for a fix please   ;)

Of course, I can't see the problem, I couldn't see it with the original release, and I can't with the fixed files as well so, it would be quite difficult to fix a problem without seeing it.

What other addons you have for the area ?

What are your settings ? Have tweaked your FS9.CFG by hand regarding to mesh resolution to allow higher than normal resolutions ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:45:30 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 12:34:59 pm »
Could you please try the files attached here ?

As before, the larger AFCAD should be in the fsdreamteam\PHOG\scenery folder, the smallest one, in the main Scenery\World\Scenery folder

swiss1

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 02:33:55 pm »
I am using windows XP SP3/FS-Genesis Mesh 19m/ FS-Genesis Landclass but no UT.
When landing on PHOG rwy 2 & 5, I got sometimes the runway peeling effect with the original FSDT Afcad2 file, which in most cases
is an elevation issue.
With the utility "JABBgl.exe , I try first an elevation of 2cm which was successful.

With the first elevation correction from Virtuali of 3 cm (all airport pos. at 16.460m or 540024 feets) and with the second correction files of 2cm (all airport pos at 16.459cm or 53.999 feets, fs9 default value) the peeling effect disappeared completely. The Ai aircrafts are also on the right level.
For me the problem is solved.
Thanks Virtuali for these outstanding airoports.

Kelleymoe

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 02:36:18 am »
Fabrizio/Umberto

I'm using FS9 and I tried the new AFCAD and bgl.  Nothing changed, I still have this problem.

Fabrizio, I am using the mesh settings you mentioned below.  All terrain settings are to the right (100%); water setting is Low.

Here's my system specs:  XP SP3; 2.4 GHz; 3.25 RAM; Nvidia GeForce GT 220

Add-ons:  Ground Environment Pro; Flight Environment; FSGenesis; Weathermaker Pro; nHancer

I have the same problem with PHNL, but not as bad.  In PHNL, only the runway markings disappear after I land.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:37:54 am by Kelleymoe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 10:32:12 am »
Sorry, but looking at the previous message from swiss1, the problem has been fixed entirely, and he has very similar specs to yours, including the use of FS Genesis.

Have you tried disabling FS Genesis ? Does it make any difference ?

Kelleymoe

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 01:26:35 pm »
Yes, I tried it without FSGenesis and it still peels back.  The only scenery I have activated is PHOG.

Reading Swiss1's reply, "With the utility "JABBgl.exe", I try first an elevation of 2cm which was successful".  It appears he used this program, made his own corrections, and when used with your files, everything worked fine.  Are you suggesting, we get JABBgl.exe, figure it out, and make our own corrections?

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 02:14:01 pm »
Reading Swiss1's reply, "With the utility "JABBgl.exe", I try first an elevation of 2cm which was successful".  It appears he used this program, made his own corrections, and when used with your files, everything worked fine.  Are you suggesting, we get JABBgl.exe, figure it out, and make our own corrections?

From what I understand from his message:

I got sometimes the runway peeling effect with the original FSDT Afcad2 file, which in most cases is an elevation issue. With the utility "JABBgl.exe , I try first an elevation of 2cm which was successful.

It seems he fixed the problem on the *original* AFCADs, but it wasn't needed with the two fixes I've posted here.

With the first elevation correction from Virtuali of 3 cm (all airport pos. at 16.460m or 540024 feets) and with the second correction files of 2cm

So, it seems he fixed it in the exactly the same way we did in the 2nd AFCAD posted.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:17:08 pm by virtuali »

swiss1

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »
Rectification for my previous message:

My first elevation correction with  "JABBgl.exe " was from 16.457 to 16,459 m, which means "2mm" an not 2 cm., exactly the same value that Virtuali did with
the second correction. I am sorry for my mistake. Even 2mm can make a difference!

I have now this altitude 16.459 m or 53.999 foot and no peeling back on all runways.
The important thing is that you not forget to put the correction file "FSDT_PHOG_alt "in the scenery\world\scenery folder and to activate again in the FS9 library
to be sure that FS9 has accepted. I have many of this correction files.
If you have FS Genesis landclass, be sure to make a correct installation like indicated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 06:49:47 pm »
exactly the same value that Virtuali did with

I have now this altitude 16.459 m or 53.999 foot and no peeling back on all runways.

That's confirms what I thought, thank you.

This is what the fix was all about: both the main AFCAD and the small one to be put into Scenery\World\Scenery that I've posted yesterday have exactly the same altitude at 16.459m, which is also the same as the default one, precise to the millimeter, which is the maximum allowable precision for AFCAD files anyway.