Author Topic: Problem With Hawaiian Airport Vol.2 ( No Bulidings )  (Read 22356 times)

HarFRXtreme

• Youtube Channel
Problem With Hawaiian Airport Vol.2 ( No Bulidings )
« on: July 19, 2011, 01:00:31 pm »
Hello FSDreamteam i just downloaded a trial version of Hawaiian Airport Vol.2 ( PHOG ) and loaded it in my FSX but there is only terrain the ground is visiable but all the termainals cargo ramps etc are not visiable they are just like black boxes please tell me a solution for it
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:46:50 pm by virtuali »
.......::::: LIVE LONG FSDREAMTREAM :::::.......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem With Hwaiian Airport Vol.2 ( No Bulidings )
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 01:46:21 pm »
As explained in the all previous threads about missing buildings, you should first check if you have BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under FSX.

If not, it's likely caused by your antivirus which has mistakenly identified one or both modules as threats, and blocked them.

To fix this:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

HarFRXtreme

• Youtube Channel
Re: Problem With Hwaiian Airport Vol.2 ( No Bulidings )
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:13:52 pm »
i did all same now i cant even get in the game after loading it gives a error to restart my FSX
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:56:16 pm by virtuali »
.......::::: LIVE LONG FSDREAMTREAM :::::.......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem With Hawaiian Airport Vol.2 ( No Bulidings )
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:56:20 pm »
i did all same now i cant even get in the game after loading it gives a error to restart my FSX :(

As explained in all previous threads that mention that startup error, you should do exactly the opposite as FSX suggests and always allow the module to run, even if it crashes.

Try a couple of times, always allowing the module to run, and if doesn't work, try to reboot Windows another time, then try again, a couple of times, it will always fix itself after some tries, especially after a reboot.

If not, the it's likely your antivirus is *still* interfering, and it has corrupted the file so, redo the first procedure step by step, don't skip ANY step, especially the one that says reinstalling with the antivirus entirely turned off.

Kurt

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 10:38:46 am »
I have the same problem. Did everything step by step as you said, but there is no coatle in the addon-window. When I installed the PHNL and the Hawaii Vol. 1 everything was OK, but now with the Vol.2 it doesn't work. Very strange and disappointing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:44:00 am »
I have the same problem. Did everything step by step as you said, but there is no coatle in the addon-window. When I installed the PHNL and the Hawaii Vol. 1 everything was OK, but now with the Vol.2 it doesn't work. Very strange and disappointing.

I'm sorry, but if you don't have the Couatl, the only possible explanation is that the antivirus is still blocking.

Repeat the procedure to the letter and don't skip any step, especially the one that says you have to INSTALL with the Antivirus TURNED OFF entirely.

If you followed the procedure to the letter, you should see a question about Trusting BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine, which you obviously have to reply YES to both. If you don't see both question, than it's sure your antivirus is still blocking the program.

Kurt

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 01:02:45 pm »
Yes, I've got both questions during the FSX-launch. I'll give it another try. I think, I have to uninstall first all of your Hawaiian airports? And what's about the other stuff (JFK, KDFW a.s.o)? Should I also reinstall it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 01:33:18 pm »
I think, I have to uninstall first all of your Hawaiian airports? And what's about the other stuff (JFK, KDFW a.s.o)? Should I also reinstall it?

You should do only what I've said in the above procedure, exactly, nothing less, nothing more, follow all the steps, don't skip anything, don't add anything.

If it doesn't work, don't try to fix it yourself, but describe exact what happened.

Note that, sometimes when you trust a module for the first time, you need to exit from FSX and reenter to have it running.

Kurt

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 06:30:59 pm »
Sorry, but I did everything as you have written above. But at the addon-windows is only the addon-manager, but no cuatl-menu. On my antivirus-system, the Microsoft Security Essentials are also the two files excluded. It also asked me, when I launched the FSX for both programmes. I'm helpless!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 08:46:44 pm »
But at the addon-windows is only the addon-manager, but no cuatl-menu.

Check the following folder

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

and see if you have a file named Couatl.err. If you have it, post its content here.

Kurt

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 09:10:56 pm »
In this folder is only a file named "KeyMapping.ini"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 09:28:55 pm »
In this folder is only a file named "KeyMapping.ini"

Ok, this means Couatl hasn't generated any errors.

Let's try enabling  enabling the Simconnect diagnostic mode, this way:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages scrolling down, look for the first 10 lines or so, and see if you can spot anything related to Couatl.

If the lines scroll too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:31:23 pm by virtuali »

Kurt

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 10:14:22 pm »
OK, I'll try it tomorrow. Now I'll going to sleep, it was an exhausting day. Thanks for your patience.

Kurt

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 01:33:55 pm »
I did what you said, but it doesn't work. No window with diagnostic message. Sorry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 01:41:53 pm »
I did what you said, but it doesn't work. No window with diagnostic message. Sorry.

Sorry, but that's just not possible, you must have missed something, because the Simconnect diagnostic window it's nothing related to our software, it's a basic FSX function.

So, either you did something wrong when enabling it or, it's possible your FSX installation is broken up to a point that Simconnect doesn't work at all, including its diagnostic window.

However, if you see the Addon Manager menu, it means Simconnect works so, if you don't see the diagnostic window, it can only mean you haven't executed what I've said correctly.

The path "Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files" under the Documents folder where you have to save the Simconnect.ini file, might have different names if your Windows version is not in English. It's easy recognizable, because it already contains your saved Flights, which have the .FLT, .WX and .FSSAVE extensions.

The Simconnect.ini should be saved in the same folder.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:45:29 pm by virtuali »