Author Topic: New DINO-T45C  (Read 29743 times)

3wire

New DINO-T45C
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:49:19 pm »
I love the bird but it's hard on my frame rates; it's kind of strange I get good frame rates (30+) for a pass or two on the boat and then it will crawl to 5-10 FPS, usually after the trap. I used to have this problem with Dino's F-14 but haven't seen it lately. Anyone else anything similar?

Herbie

Re: New DINO-T45C
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:11:01 pm »
You give very little other Info. Did you defrag your Hardrive lately? Computer optimized for FSX, Acceleration? Herb

nicka117

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:47:33 pm »
Love this plane, primarily for the colimated HUD. I can move my eyepoint anywhere and the velocity vector still points where the plane is going...sooo cool. I so wish we had this for the sludge and Dino's f-14. I know it is very difficult and need to be built into the plane model.

No frame rate probs with this bird for me.

wilycoyote4

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:52:10 pm »
In case any reader is not aware, Dino will release an update soon.

3wire

Re: FPS issue around the boat, more specfic info.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 06:20:26 am »
It's not just the new T-45C; it's happening on all my birds (with/without tail hooks) but only around the boat. I have been running with this system for over a year with good performance, no problems at all. It's strange, it only happens around the boat and I'm fine for two passes and then my third pass turns into a slide show (5-12 FPS). As soon as I "turn off" the carriers I jump right back to 40+ FPS.

I'm running a dual core 2.8 GHZ with 4 gig of RAM with a decent NVIDA card (Dell M4400). Not an ideal rig (my other system died awhile back) but with very conservative settings I've had consistent performance.

Of course the only thing I have time for is a few day, night, and foul weather passes to keep my skills up around the boat.

This system struggles with the VRS Super Bug, but that's expected.

I thought maybe my HD was on the fritz until I got my FPS back after turning the boat off (I do regular defrags); I only use this system for FSX, it hardly ever touches the Internet unless I'm downloading something for FSX.

I guess it's time for a new system; I really want to wait until Fall before buying, I'm just to busy this summer.

I was hoping that someone out there would offer a "oh try this"; I figured someone might have/had similar symptoms.

neutrino

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »
OK, I have a suggestion ;D My fps always goes down a little near the boat, may be a couple of fps, and this is normal because the carrier is quite detailed and there is a lot going on on the deck. So, one way to minimize this effect is to use a clean configuration of the Nimitz, like with no single plane on it. Also, just to confirm that this is the problem, you can try a couple of passes with the default carrier - it's a very simple model, so there should be no frame rate drop.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:20:14 pm by neutrino »

3wire

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 12:11:44 am »
That sounds like a winner, I did change to the T-45C Carrier Qual config, I will try with a clean deck and with the default.

Letourn

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 04:44:53 pm »
Latest version 2.1 Available at

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

Thanks Dino and JR

wilycoyote4

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 07:01:12 am »
copy of part of readme for version 2.10 ----
VERSION 2.10
-Added instructor cockpit
-Changed glass material reflection for DirectX 10 compatibility
-Changed landing gear animation sequence to have a lower stance
-Added VT-86 repaint courtesy of Russel R. Smith
-Changed minor texturing flaws
-Minor fixes to the flight manual, added aft cockpit diagram and ejection seat details
-Activated "Bitching Betty" sounds by default GPWS, Over G, Low Fuel, albeit voice warnings
 are not currently linked to DEP data. GPWS Voice is set to 300 ft regardless of DEP and Low
 Fuel is not linked to BINGO value (Voice activates when fuel is 300lbs or less).

3wire

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 02:32:33 pm »
Going back to the empty carrier helped. I flew 7-8 passes with no problem. Later when I was finished with the boat (I deleted it) I was flying around doing take offs and landings at different airfields around KNMM my world turned into a slide show for no apparent reason 4-10 FPS (just like it did around the boat). Out of curiosity I loaded up the default C-172 and my frame rates were between 120-200+

Herbie

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 03:34:30 am »
Hello,3Wire!
I think you have a Computer problem. Hardrive or your FSX set-up. I have a Pentium Asus Q5 mobo 3.0 GHz Dual processor overclocked to 3.6 GHz. nVidia 9800 GT/512 meg memory grafic card. My frame-rate is locked at 40. I do not run it Unlimited, Running Unlimited, there was problem with it. I do turn off programs not needed which are running in the  background. Check at the website Nick's recommendation for FSX. Herb

davido53

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 07:59:17 pm »
How do you see the instructor cockpit?

GOONIE

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 08:11:21 pm »
Hit 'A' when in vc mode.
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Maurice Pratt

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 06:45:45 pm »
Is there a way to increase displayed text size in the new Dino-T45C's HUD?
After reinstalling the new T-45 I noticed that in VC mode the green type on the HUD is very small and faint. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to get the larger type back?

Tregarth

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 11:12:55 am »
I have looked at Dino's new T-45; in the downloaded folder I see a file File_id.diz .  What is this file and where should I put it?  (Only polite and helpful answers to question 2, please)

Thank you,

Tregarth