Author Topic: Work in Progress / 10  (Read 145823 times)

Thunderbird Fan

Re: Work in Progress / 10
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2011, 08:08:23 am »
I don't know why you guys are saying its a 45 minute wait when its nowhere near that, maybe drive-thru takes a little long but A. look at the size of that drive thru B. I go there once a week and never wait more than 15 minutes during lunch, why? well because im not that lazy and get out of my car, and C. It's a last stop and first stop for many travelers wanting In N out, so why don't you eat somewhere else if you don't have time to hear planes roar by or enjoy a sunny CA afternoon with a burger at hand and LAX traffic overhead.

P.S. Sorry for the rant but this topic is way off topic!
It's not that far off topic..beats having to answer questions about a release date we all know is soon upon us.... Oh I'm not that lazy either, I have a FAA 1st Class medical I have to maintain, just prefer not to pump my system full of grease, so I do eat somewhere else and I usually don't have time. I'm sometimes part of that LAX traffic. Next time I fly the approach to 24R which will be in a week or so I'll have my FO wave as we go by...

Speak for yourself!!!
I never let any one speak for me

gordon24

« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2011, 09:28:26 am »
Just look at this: In n Out Allen,TX opening day....

My friend was on the line and trust me it was more like 3 hours than 45 minutes....

To be honest, I come from France but visit the US every year.... In N' Out burgers are not the best in the world of course but if you compare them to others fast food restaurant (Mc Donald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr), they are really better... And their fries are also excellent....

Each time, I come to the US, a double-double is a ritual! I'm glad that they are expending east...

btw, to come back to FSDT KLAX: was it announced yet if the scenery will be available or not for FS9?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:33:57 am by gordon24 »

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2011, 09:51:24 am »
HODADS in Ocean Beach (near SD) is the best!

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2011, 12:39:35 pm »
Wolf Creek is alright nothing I could brag about.    :-\

You ski or snowboard Junior?

Yeah the resort if you want to call it that isn't much to look at, neither is Pagosa or South Fork, but for pure skiing quality, I think it one of the best places to ski in Colorado, not to mention they usually get more snow that anyone else. I've skiied just about everywhere in Colorado, except Aspen, and I think between the terrain, lack of a crowd, snow conditions, terrain (especially the stuff on the east side), makes it one of the best kept secrets in Co. I do like Steamboat, Winter Park, Telluride, and even A-basin, but I hate the crowds.

Actually one of my favs from when I lived in Cali was Kirkwood, Squaw Valley and Mammoth, but since I live in Dallas now I hardley ever make it out that way.

ckaack

« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2011, 12:42:46 pm »
In-N-Out has the best Burgers and Fries in the entire USA

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2011, 05:01:43 pm »
In and Out Burger is like anything else... once you had it, it's not a big deal. Not worth waiting in line for 45+ minutes.

I don't know why you guys are saying its a 45 minute wait when its nowhere near that, maybe drive-thru takes a little long but A. look at the size of that drive thru B. I go there once a week and never wait more than 15 minutes during lunch, why? well because im not that lazy and get out of my car, and C. It's a last stop and first stop for many travelers wanting In N out, so why don't you eat somewhere else if you don't have time to hear planes roar by or enjoy a sunny CA afternoon with a burger at hand and LAX traffic overhead.

Uh dude, on a regualr daily baises I see that line of cars strech arround the block all the way on to Westchester Pkwy. One of the first things people do when they land and get a car/taxi is go for the IN N OUT burger. The wait inside is just as bad and that's IF you can find a place to park. You have been going at a good hour for only 15 mins..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:03:46 pm by newmanix »

bradl

« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2011, 06:41:12 pm »
In and Out Burger is like anything else... once you had it, it's not a big deal. Not worth waiting in line for 45+ minutes.

Uh dude, on a regualr daily baises I see that line of cars strech arround the block all the way on to Westchester Pkwy. One of the first things people do when they land and get a car/taxi is go for the IN N OUT burger. The wait inside is just as bad and that's IF you can find a place to park. You have been going at a good hour for only 15 mins..

I guess I was rather lucky when I was there (assuming the In-n-Out on Sepulveda). Went there twice over a weekend in June.. I was able to park there without any issues, in the afternoon, order, and get my order within 10 minutes. Of course, I went outside to eat with my scanner in tow.

Oh.. and about the fries... Most fries anyone eats are generally from Russett potatoes.. Those are the same as your normal baked or mashed potatoes.. starchy, and rather bland.. In-n-Out uses Kennebec potatoes, which give them that different taste that you'd get compared to a Carl's Jr., McDonald's (McDonald's fries taste the same EVERYWHERE, including overseas), Jack in the Box, Wendy's, etc. I haven't found a potato anywhere else that tastes the same as a Kennebec.

Yes, I'm a foodie.  ;D

BL.

Thunderbird Fan

« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2011, 11:08:54 pm »
Since we seem to be a speculative bunch... What do you think will be the song that is played when LAX is released?....ie when Vegas was released Viva Las Vegas played..... I say the Intro to California Girls or some portion of it..

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2011, 11:14:29 pm »
I love LA by Randy Newman would fit more

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2011, 01:42:14 am »

I Agree but, but just the piano intro, being an Angelino it gives me goose bumps just thinking of opening the home page one day to that song and clicking download!

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2011, 04:12:17 am »

For those who don't know. Umberto is in a band and we have asked him (and his band) to perform a song to go with the LAX release. We all fully expect him to comply with said request.  ;D

I also expect the song to come with the KLAX download! Virtuali can add 25 cents to the LAX total so he can say he made money on the hit single!! ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:14:24 am by newmanix »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2011, 04:19:40 am »
Since we seem to be a speculative bunch... What do you think will be the song that is played when LAX is released?....ie when Vegas was released Viva Las Vegas played..... I say the Intro to California Girls or some portion of it..

Good question. Prior to KDFW being released we were speculating on that and I guessed that it would be the theme song from the t.v. show Dallas and it ended up being that. I haven't given much thought to a theme song for KLAX though, but I will have to think about it.

infus1on

« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2011, 06:31:11 am »

Good question. Prior to KDFW being released we were speculating on that and I guessed that it would be the theme song from the t.v. show Dallas and it ended up being that. I haven't given much thought to a theme song for KLAX though, but I will have to think about it.

"CHIPS"
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

pvupilot

« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2011, 06:34:01 am »
I sure hope this will work for FS9

frankj76021

« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2011, 08:20:04 am »
Randy Newman...."I Love LA"