Author Topic: Work in Progress / 10  (Read 147800 times)

SirIsaac726

Re: Work in Progress / 10
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2011, 06:05:10 pm »
What's the traditional payday in the US ? Is there such thing as a traditional payday, or every working situation is different ?

In Italy, since the XIXth century, the payday has always been the 27th of every month, and I believe is still valid for those employed by the government. We even have a Saint named after it, "St. Paganino" (Paga=Pay in Italian), even if he's not a real saint of course, it's basically a word joke...

Traditionally, commercial activities take this into account when releasing a product or launching new promotions, etc. I was wondering if other countries, and especially the US, have a similar thing.

In the United States, it is quite common for a pay period to be about two weeks with the pay day being on a Friday.

member111222

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2011, 06:21:59 pm »
Then you have the best airports and have to fly to it with your default 737. ;D

And your point is?   ;D

I can fly to it with any aircraft in my hangar, but the default 737 and 747 are my aircraft of choice for commercial flights.  There is more than enough activity on the flight deck to be immersive, and they are supported by It's Your Plane, besides which I've never been a fan of purchasing payware just to replace a default version.  I'd rather buy something not already in my hangar.

You still fly the default 737 and 747? ;D ;D

You should definitely try out the "Leonardo Maddog" if you don't already have it and if you are a heavy metal fan like me. The MD80's are not in the standard fsx hangar and it will keep you entertained and busy for the next 10 to 20 years(rough assumption) as the plane is so complex. ;D
At the beginning of my Maddog career I could not get the engines running without getting a hot start. And don't forget that beautiful Douglas stabilizer motion warning :D.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:23:32 pm by member111222 »

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »
Umberto, a payday in the U.S. is usually one of four options:

1. Bi-monthly (twice a month) paid on usually the 1st of the month and the 15th of the month.

2. Every two weeks, paid usually on a Friday.  With this method, you usually get paid twice a month, except for two months out of the year, you get 3 paychecks in a month.  (<-- This is how I get paid.  My extra paychecks come in July and December this year.)  This is just due to how it works out with 5 Fridays in the month and the first check coming on the 1st of the month, the 2nd on the third week, and the 3rd on the fifth week.  The Friday you get paid varies by the company, as well.  As in, this Friday is not my payday, but it is my girlfriend's payday.  

3. Weekly, again usually paid on a Friday, but not uncommon for the day to be a Thursday or even a Wednesday (or maybe some other day).  Usually weekly paid jobs are those who work as temps and in places like fast food, etc...

4. Monthly.  In a lot of government jobs, monthly pay is an option.  You can choose to to receive it all in one payment if you do it this way, or elect to receive it twice a month, in which you'll receive half a payment on the 1st, and the other half on the 15th.

As you can see, there's nothing standard about it, lol.  I guess if you're trying to take payday into account, it'd be best to release on a Friday (definitely), possibly around the beginning or middle of the month.  That'd probably suit almost everybody.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:20:55 pm by Aeroman »
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2011, 09:07:26 pm »
Furthermore, it is best to do it on a odd/random (non-payday).   Because if the competitors have the same mind set, then you will have a low volume turnout due to the saturation....

I disagree.  Those who are living check by check many times cannot afford to spend money on a non-essential like an FS Scenery unless its close to their payday when they have fresh funds in their pocket they can commit to it.  Otherwise, inevitably, those funds get allocated elsewhere, and they wind up having to wait until next check (again, a payday).  Just because other companies follow this practice, doesn't mean it would diminish someone's liklihood of purchasing theirs.  Companies have that mind-set for a reason--it works.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

keino333

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »
What's the traditional payday in the US ? Is there such thing as a traditional payday, or every working situation is different ?

In Italy, since the XIXth century, the payday has always been the 27th of every month, and I believe is still valid for those employed by the government. We even have a Saint named after it, "St. Paganino" (Paga=Pay in Italian), even if he's not a real saint of course, it's basically a word joke...

Traditionally, commercial activities take this into account when releasing a product or launching new promotions, etc. I was wondering if other countries, and especially the US, have a similar thing.

We Do in Bermuda....27th of the Month

keino333

Re:US Paydays and Commercial Activities
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2011, 09:32:44 pm »
If you are referring to your LAX release...  It will not make a difference when you release it.   WE have been waiting so long we have a special KLAX FSDREAMTEAM bank account Ready to go when you release.   Money ready to go....

Just release, and you will see...

Furthermore, it is best to do it on a odd/random (non-payday).   Because if the competitors have the same mind set, then you will have a low volume turnout due to the saturation....

How about  you release it to me first, and I will help promote it for you?   LOL

GoodDAY

Ditto to that on all of MikalAntny comments

precious62b

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2011, 01:26:35 am »
I'm a controller at Miami Center and we have 26 pay periods a year and we receive our check at midnight every other Tuesday. 

nelj46

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2011, 02:39:06 am »
I have honestly checked the backdoor everyday for the last few weeks. sometimes multiple times per day. I don't think I could be anticipating this scenery any more.

Thunderbird Fan

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2011, 04:20:24 am »
I wouldn't necessarily release a product by when a pay day is,  given the current U.S. economy I'd say people are broke. Target MAC users, Apple has more money than then U.S. Govt. In the states School is back in session in a week or so... do a back to school special..... Buy one for FSX get the FS9 version free.... :P

keino333

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2011, 04:29:23 am »
Umberto,
don't quite know the premise of your question...but I can guarantee this..that if you drop both versions for release this Thursday you receive well over 100 hits in the first 4 hrs....bold...I know...the anticipation of this is big and if you have observed the number of silent members now posting...the numbers are there...trust me...

heavy1216

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2011, 05:21:17 am »
I have honestly checked the backdoor everyday for the last few weeks. sometimes multiple times per day. I don't think I could be anticipating this scenery any more.

I been doing the same and now even more since my job has ended for the summer. I hope it comes out before i go back to school on the 18

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2011, 06:42:09 am »
Umberto,
don't quite know the premise of your question...but I can guarantee this..that if you drop both versions for release this Thursday you receive well over 100 hits in the first 4 hrs....bold...I know...the anticipation of this is big and if you have observed the number of silent members now posting...the numbers are there...trust me...

We all should start believing that's the plan since we have not heard from the FSDream Team about release dates or progress in 14 + days?  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2011, 09:48:31 am »
We are not holding back the scenery from release, if this was the sense of your suggestions, the scenery is not done yet, an August release is very likely, but a release this week or even the next one, it's not possible.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2011, 02:42:50 pm »
..that if you drop both versions for release this Thursday you receive well over 100 hits in the first 4 hrs..

FSDT has never held back a scenery that was ready to release, Hawaii 2 being a good example.  Final screen shots in the WIP thread one day, released the next.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Anders Bermann

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2011, 04:16:51 pm »
Would also be quite a bad idea, from a business point-of-view...

Honestly I can't see any reason why you would do that...
It costs money (and time - lots of it) to develop a scenery of this magnitude! So to have a completed scenery which isn't released, would mean no sales = no income...

Wouldn't make much sense, honestly...

Just my 2c!
Best regards, Anders