Author Topic: Work in Progress / 10  (Read 146999 times)

frankj76021

Re: Work in Progress / 10
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:16 am »
Release now! ;D

There's actually still a large portion to be done. You wouldn't want the product NOW. They haven't modeled like the entire cargo area on the south side of the airport. If you look at the first picture, the south side is scarce. There's still a bit to be done.

The first picture is actually the north side of the airport....if it were the southside youwould see the water off in the distance...so heres hoping.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 04:07:32 pm »
Hoo-Ya, As I've seen LAX with each progress update I can say for sure I'm ready for flightplans to go into effect when this airport is released. ;) :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Clutch Cargo

• MileHigh Productions
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 06:06:37 pm »
Just two more things you need to model - Smog and "Carmageddon!",  :D
Clutch Cargo
"Long Live the Tak"

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 07:51:32 pm »
If they do carmageddon, there won't be any smog.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

AA777-200ER

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 11:21:59 pm »
What carmageddon...it's already over 18 hours early, thank you private contractor!!! TOO much hype for nothing!  ::)

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 11:40:06 pm »
Release now! ;D

There's actually still a large portion to be done. You wouldn't want the product NOW. They haven't modeled like the entire cargo area on the south side of the airport. If you look at the first picture, the south side is scarce. There's still a bit to be done.

The first picture is actually the north side of the airport....if it were the southside youwould see the water off in the distance...so heres hoping.

I believe he is right, he was referring to what we who live near LAX the south side runways/Cargo complex even though picture 1 is looking east about 40 degrees. while yes we do see the north side predominately u can see in the distance that the "South end of the airport has not been completed

SirIsaac726

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 11:46:17 pm »
What carmageddon...it's already over 18 hours early, thank you private contractor!!! TOO much hype for nothing!  ::)

Don't you love the media?  Although I still wish I was in LA right now; would have jumped on the opportunity to take the $5 flights JetBlue had linking LGB and BUR.

jackhendricks

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 04:27:36 pm »

Don't you love the media?  Although I still wish I was in LA right now; would have jumped on the opportunity to take the $5 flights JetBlue had linking LGB and BUR.

http://flightaware.com/squawks/view/1/today/popular_new/20585/Cyclists_In_Burbank_Beat_JetBlue_To_Long_Beach

windshear

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

SirIsaac726

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 03:14:45 am »

http://flightaware.com/squawks/view/1/today/popular_new/20585/Cyclists_In_Burbank_Beat_JetBlue_To_Long_Beach

I'm not surprised.  In fact, because the roads were so empty, a car would have been the fastest.  But it still would have been fun for me to take the hop back and forth for only $8-10.  I wouldn't have taken the flight because I wanted to get across the city quickly...more for the fun of it and it is a rare flight.

donaldd

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 05:43:58 am »
Well, I don't know if it's to late but I urge the FSDT developers to check out this YouTube channel and look at all the videos of the landings and takeoff's at LAX from a ground point of view. It could help you in touching up some ground details, i.e, grass, shrubs, runways, taxiway signs, etc. Please do so as it will most defiantly help!

keino333

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 03:53:07 pm »
I'd say October...just in time for Christmas

FSDT has always averaged three or four products per year, so nine months for LAX seems excessive.  If I'd known it would be that long, I'd have bought the throwaway version from BP as a pacifier.

Bruce,
 I've tried that, but if you're a fan of autogen the BP kills it around the airport. As such I reverted to the C9 and anxiously await FSDT..

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 02:30:57 pm »
I've tried that, but if you're a fan of autogen the BP kills it around the airport. As such I reverted to the C9 and anxiously await FSDT..

I would prefer to have scenery that has the correct amount of buildings placed in it so I can turn autogen to normal or off, but I only know of one developer who does that, and it definitely isn't BP.  I use the C9 version in FS9, and won't remove it until I see the FS9 version from FSDT.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

goodperson36

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 03:10:51 am »
NOT THRILLED  :'(

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 08:03:17 am »
NOT THRILLED  :'(

You can do better?

Although I am NOT SURPRISED after reading your last few comments. :-)

Man How long does it take to get KLAX done this is way to long. I hope they don't go out of business...

To be honest it looks good but they are taking way to long on this project just my opinion

Another thing if they were almost done with LAX they would have posted more pics.

Yeah This company is going to take a while to this  LAX I thought they would be done by now in the mean time they could have done a smaller airport while they were working on LAX.

Maybe you should change your user name from "goodperson36" to "impatientperson36" or "hard_to_please_person36"

Why don't you try building an airport of this magnitude yourself and we'll see if it's done any better looking or quicker than what FSDT has done. Most likely we would all say NOT IMPRESSED.

Personally I think this is one of the best looking airports I have ever seen anyone done yet, especially considering it wont bring your FPS to levels that basically make it almost unusable. I'd say that this is like the PMDG NGX of airports considering the techniques they are using.