Author Topic: LSGG: No taxi lights and replay not showing any buildings  (Read 5330 times)

AlphaCharlie

LSGG: No taxi lights and replay not showing any buildings
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:10 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I have very strange issues with this add-on.

1) On night time, I cannot see any taxi lights active  ???. Only the concrete runway is illuminated.
2) During any 'replays', I cannot see any buildings, like the scenery is not 'active'. When the replay stops, all building are visible again.

If someone can give my any suggestions, I will appreciate  ;).

Thanks,
Anthony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSGG: No taxi lights and replay not showing any buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 06:51:10 pm »
1) On night time, I cannot see any taxi lights active  ???. Only the concrete runway is illuminated.

Are you using DirectX 10 Preview mode ? If yes, turn if off, because the scenery is not compatible with it.

2) During any 'replays', I cannot see any buildings, like the scenery is not 'active'. When the replay stops, all building are visible again.

Explained other times on the forum, it's normal, because the default replay doesn't support objects created with Simconnect so, none of our sceneries are compatible with the default replay. Use the FS Recorder program to record replays, which doesn't have this limitation.

AlphaCharlie

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:28:53 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I thank you for your tips and clarifications  :).
Indeed, once I changed this setting, now I see correctly the taxi lights and all airport lights.

What is the consequence to switch OFF the DirectX 10 for another add-on?
I don't know when the DirectX 10 is OFF, if this will decrease any video performances or any special feature options on several sceneries that I have installed.

Thanks,
Anthony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:52:48 pm »
What is the consequence to switch OFF the DirectX 10 for another add-on?

I don't know of any addons that requires DX10, many (especially airports) have issues with it, and the one compatible with it looks the same as in DX9.

I don't know when the DirectX 10 is OFF, if this will decrease any video performances or any special feature options on several sceneries that I have installed.

The only thing that badly affects performances in DX9, is Light Bloom. It's much faster in DX10.

So, if you really can't live without Bloom effects, and want to fly over Geneva (and many 3rd party airports that doesn't work in DX10), you'll have a performance hit in DX9 if you turn it on.

AlphaCharlie

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 01:06:54 am »
So, if it is only the 'Light Bloom' effects performance issue, I will definitively keep FSX in DX9 in order to enjoy all your add-ons that I bought.

Thanks for your support on this matter,
Anthony