Author Topic: Error message after MOBO change  (Read 3096 times)

rdg43

Error message after MOBO change
« on: July 12, 2011, 04:47:13 am »
Hi,
I just changed my MOBO but didn't need to reinstall anything and FSX is working fine. The problem is I'm getting this error message  "esellerate ERROR -25007 machine mismatch" because of the hardware change with all my FS Dreamteam scenery. I've tried reinstalling the reg keys but I'm still getting the message.

Is there a way I can fix this without uninstalling the scenery and reinstalling?

Thanks,

Ron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error message after MOBO change
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 02:06:22 pm »
That's not an error, it's the normal message that comes out when you make a major hardware change, and changing the mainboard surely is. There's no need to reinstall or uninstall anything, and there's no need to re-insert any keys, your Serial Number will always stay in your Windows registry, what you lost by changing the mainboard, is only the activation for that Serial Number.

After that message, you should also see a request "Do you want to activate the scenery on this PC ?", and of course you have to reply YES and, if you have an internet connection available, the scenery will reactivate with the new hardware configuration and the "Machine mismatch" message will go away.

This, of course, provided you still have available activations left, of the 6 you had originally. If you don't (which is quite unlikely), you will see a different message after you try reactivate, stating you have exceeded your activation, in this case you have to contact us via email with your Order Number or Serial Number, so we can add new activations to your order.

Note that, none of this would be needed, if you used the User-Controlled Deactivation BEFORE changing the mainboard, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4082.0

The User-controlled Deactivation will allow you to make hardware changes even if you exceeded all your activation, without having to contact support, but you need to do it when the scenery is still active, before doing any hardware changes.