Author Topic: Your sceneries vanished from my PC!  (Read 4858 times)

Hernan1

• Aviation artist
Your sceneries vanished from my PC!
« on: July 12, 2011, 01:15:29 am »
Gentlemen. I have FS2004. I was very shocked when I was checking a flight I recently added to my AI Traffic and found the scenery was completely gone. I am refering to your Honolulu Scenery. Before making this post, I read through your forum for possible causes from similar customers who purchased the same product. I attempted to re-install, but, had no luck. I thought my best way to explain my problem was to show it to you via a video of what I see, so you can verify my problem. I also purchased several other sceneries from you. Zurich was the other one. Almost with a similar problem. Only a few items were left "intact". I also attempted to re-install, but, with the same result, When I initially bought your HNL and Zurich sceneries, I also purchased your PHLI scenery. They all worked fine. I wanted to purchase your JFK, ORD, LAS and DFW scenries as well. After downwloading the demo, I received a warning window that detected I had the FS0 version and needed to have the FS1 upgrade. At the time I gave up. I don't know when, but, I tried again to install the big sceneries based on messages I was getting from you that a new updated scenery for Zurich was available. I downloaded the upgrade and installed it and worked just wonderful. Once again, I got the bug to have the need to get your new sceneries. Finally, I got the FS1 update installed and I was able to install JFK, ORD, DFW and LAS.
Now, I don't understand why the HNL scenery is gone, same as the Zurich scenery.
Here is the link to the video for you to check:

BY the way, your Hilo scenery is way off too. The ground object are not placed properly. I have no idea what is wrong with it. Here is the link for you to see:

Thanks for your help  ???
DELTA is my airline

Hernan1

• Aviation artist
Re: Your sceneries vanished from my PC!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 04:06:57 am »
While waiting for your reply, I decided to download again "Hawaiian Airports 1" to see if I could re-install the scenery again.
My anti-virus program detected a major virus was attached to the download file and it deleted it. I decided to make a separate folder Icalled 'PHTO' and I installed it manually using the Scenery and Texture files that were originally placed in the FSDreamTeam/PHTO folder. ... It didn't help. I still have the building with the red roof inside the tarmac and the trees all over the taxiways. I'll wait for your reply. I realize there is a time difference between my location and yours. I hope I can hear from you by tomorrow? :o
DELTA is my airline

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:46:10 am »
First, you should remove the manual installation folder you added, because doing this, you created a conflict yourself, since there's probably now a double area, which creates all sort of problems, like scenery disappearing, double objects and default scenery popping out.

Remove the folder you created, and also remove the area from the Scenery Library.

As you said yourself, the problem is caused by an error of your antivirus, which has mistakenly detected the software module the scenery needs to run as a threat, blocking it. If that software is blocked, no scenery will display. There were many threads about this in the forum, and the solution is always this one:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Turn the Antivirus OFF.

- Reinstall the scenery, don't launch FS9 yet.

- Configure your antivirus to exclude the following file from scanning:

\YourFS9Folder\MODULES\bglman.dll

- Turn the antivirus back ON, launch FS9.

Hernan1

• Aviation artist
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:38:42 am »
Thanks for your response Virtually.
I followed your directions and was able to re-install all of my sceneries in question. I am extremely pleased with your support. You offer not only great product support, but, you have the best sceneries available for flight simulator and you are, in my view, the leaders in this industry. I have made another video about your Zurich scenery to show you my re-install and how beautiful scenery you have developed. I hope many simflyers who follow me on YouTube will be able to see what quality products you offer to our community. Once again, thank you  :D
DELTA is my airline