Author Topic: Ground Traffic Behaving Strange While Taxing  (Read 4163 times)

johnny10

Ground Traffic Behaving Strange While Taxing
« on: September 05, 2010, 04:46:14 am »
I just downloaded JFK for FSX. Been using O'hare and Las Vegas for a while. I'm also using Ultimate TrafficX and World of AI scenery. The planes at JFK are behaving strangely. When taxing the planes don't seem to be recognizing other ground traffic. Planes run right through each other crossing a taxi and when they are lined up for take-off the planes stand and line up stopped across runways. I've also has planes stop hal way into the plane ahead of it. Also, I fly the Flight1 MD80 and the ground traffic appears to stay well behind the plane likes it got the plague and won't move up behind it. After I get on a runway the rest of the waiting traffic all moves up. Regarding incoming traffic landing, they're getting continual go-arounds when there's no traffic on the runway. Some panes are even coming in together, one right behind the other and both are given go arounds. It's neat watcghing them both fly uop and out in tandem, but it's obiviously not working right. Any suggestions are asppreciated.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground Traffic Behaving Strange While Taxing
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:54:23 am »
I just downloaded JFK for FSX. Been using O'hare and Las Vegas for a while. I'm also using Ultimate TrafficX and World of AI scenery. The planes at JFK are behaving strangely.

Probably, using two set of traffic, one of them (WoAI) being for FS9, is probably not the best choice, there might be strange issues, also considering UT2 generates traffic in an entirely different way than other products.

Also, I fly the Flight1 MD80 and the ground traffic appears to stay well behind the plane likes it got the plague and won't move up behind it

This can't be a scenery problem but, more likely, an unusual radius in that airplane so, the ground vehicles think the airplane is bigger than it is. Does it happen with other airplanes, the default ones maybe ?

After I get on a runway the rest of the waiting traffic all moves up. Regarding incoming traffic landing, they're getting continual go-arounds when there's no traffic on the runway.

Maybe there *is* traffic, buy you don't see it, either because WoAI is made for FS9 and sometimes FS9 traffic disappears in FSX, but might also be an interaction between WoAI and UT2. I suggest using only one traffic package.

johnny10

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:22:58 am »
Ok, Thanks. I took out the WOAI traffic and still had the problem. I also tried a couple default FSX jets and got the same scenery. I went on another forum and got a couple replies that it may be a problem with FSX and something to do with "radius" settings. 

velocity8900

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:29:23 am »
Hey I have been recently getting the same problem with too much air traffic at JFK with go arounds and I don't know what triggered this because I never got traffic like this before at JFK.  I uninstalled My traffic 5.2 and installed My traffic X 2010 and I didn't like it so I uninstalled it and re-installed My traffic 5.2 and after a few days I have been noticing a traffic change and its annoying.

It would be awesome if I can get some help on this also, I don't want to drop my traffic slider down anymore from where it's at right now being at 40%.  I use to have it at 45% but had to drop it lower due to getting too much traffic.