Author Topic: I think an update is in order  (Read 4376 times)

TurbofanDude

I think an update is in order
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:22:21 am »
Hi there FsDreamTeam.

I am just saying what I know some of us are feeling:

Recently, it has been brought to our attention that there is a distinct issue with the 4R/4L approach where airplanes crash into an imaginary object at 100-75 feet. This has been confirmed by quite a few users in quite a few aircraft - if these aircraft fly into other airports just fine, but can't land on 4R/4L, it indicates a problem. I have confirmed it personally as well.

Also, it has been happening recently to myself and associates that have the JFK where G3D.dll/g2d.dll crash to desktops occur in the JFK area. I have seen MANY people say it here, and though it can sometimes be AI traffic, I have never seen it anywhere else with the exact same system settings.

I think an update for these, or at least an attempt at it, should be in order. Forgive me if I sound obnoxious, but I don't much like flying 8 hours into Kennedy to have a fatal error at 2000 feet. Users that have had these will surely agree I am sure. I am not trying to speak for everyone, but instead trying to help make this incredible scenery that much better.

Error logs from my own CTD and my friends can be seen below: (We have powerful computers with more than enough memory, so Out of Memory isn't the issue)

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000ba79f
Faulting process id: 0x17e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc3c00cdddf830
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dll
Report Id: 10263a01-a83a-11e0-80f1-20cf30558b64

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
NVidia GTX470
8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel i7 950
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application fsx.exe,
version 10.0.61637.0,
time stamp 0x46fadb14,
faulting module g2d.dll,
version 10.0.61637.0,
time stamp 0x46fadb58,
exception code 0xc0000005,
fault offset 0x00085da6,
process id 0x1fb4,
application start time 0x01cc3f70557fde49.

Specs:
Windows Vista x64
Intel i5 3.2GhZ
8GB RAM
SLI GTX470 and GTX270

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I think an update is in order
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:04:30 am »
Recently, it has been brought to our attention that there is a distinct issue with the 4R/4L approach where airplanes crash into an imaginary object at 100-75 feet. This has been confirmed by quite a few users in quite a few aircraft - if these aircraft fly into other airports just fine, but can't land on 4R/4L, it indicates a problem. I have confirmed it personally as well.

We tested this as soon as was first reported, and I can only confirm it can't be reproduced so, it can only be caused by another installed product, maybe another scenery, even from an entirely different area, which has an object misplaced.

Also, it has been happening recently to myself and associates that have the JFK where G3D.dll/g2d.dll crash to desktops occur in the JFK area. I have seen MANY people say it here, and though it can sometimes be AI traffic, I have never seen it anywhere else with the exact same system settings.

Sorry, but it's surely not a problem of the scenery, as confirmed in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1484.0

Which you participated in, and it seems this can happen independently whether JFK is installed or not:

Quote from: bojote
I have the exact same problem. However, I can confirm this is NOT FSDreamTeam's fault because, I discovered the issue BEFORE installing the product.

Fact you haven't seen it anywhere else, doesn't mean the problem is the scenery, when you are at JFK, the airport is just ONE of the MANY things that gets loaded, you have the default scenery underneath, AI traffic, weather graphics, the airplane you are flying and and possibly some additional sceneries (like UT ) and/or texture enhancements (like REX), and ANY of them can have a problem at JFK.

See some examples:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4268.msg39023#msg39023

The user initially thought KORD and JFK had a problem, because he had crashes at KORD and JFK. Was FIXED this way:

Don't know if you have solved your problem but my is. I removed UTX and everything associated with it and did new install from fresh new download.

Another example, very long discussion with user being sure JFK had a problem:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1707.msg13591#msg13591

Was fixed this way:

Sir, after some exhaustive error-checking and analysis of my FS setup, graphics card settings and AI aircraft textures - plus resizing JFK bitmaps - I have (so far) not experienced a CTD in the area of KJFK.

Another thread here, user had G3D.DLL crashes at PHNL:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4201.0

Was fixed this way by two different users:

Quote from: 9Y-POS
in UT2 i turned off GA traffic and moving Jetways and since then i've not had the problem,

Quote from: johndrago
I ended up turning off GA traffic, and moving jetways, and it solved the problem for me so far.

Even YOU posted this just a few days ago:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4437.msg40309#msg40309

At first I thought this was an Fsdt scenery issue, but re installation, further testing, and reading posts here revealed that it may be AI traffic related, as it only happens sometimes, and I have successfully flown into JFK before

Fact it doesn't happen ALWAYS, should be the first indication of being AI-related, because AIs have different schedules, so the one having problems doesn't always shows up. If it WAS the scenery, it should ALWAYS crash, since the scenery it's always the same, apart from some seasonal texture variations on minor elements like some trees.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:31:08 am by virtuali »