Author Topic: UNITED 767-300ER KSFO TO KORD  (Read 6180 times)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
UNITED 767-300ER KSFO TO KORD
« on: June 30, 2011, 10:06:18 pm »

My new video depicts FlightBeam Studios KSFO To FSDT'S O'HAREX :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

theshack440

Re: UNITED 767-300ER KSFO TO KORD
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 03:25:20 am »
Very cool video. :) I still love that livery and wow Flightbeam's KSFO is really nice (and of course, so is Ohare)!

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 01:57:59 am »
Very cool video. :) I still love that livery and wow Flightbeam's KSFO is really nice (and of course, so is Ohare)!

Regards
Thank you very much

theshack440

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 09:45:23 pm »
Anytime :). Also, does it bother you that Flightbeam doesn't use fsx native jetways? I was planning on buying it (I tracked it somewhat throughout development stages) and when I found out that the jetways don't move, I suddenly became reluctant and I still haven't purchased it.

The head guy of Flightbeam says that fsx native jetways are fps killers and I was thinking of directing him to FSDT and showing that even FSDT sceneries (the best in the market in my opinion) use native fsx jetways and in some cases (like KJFK) run better than the default version...

Same with FT, I would buy some more of their stuff (like Midway, or St. Maarten) but it is just a show stopper that they don't have moving jetways (and they are worse on fps than fsdt is).

Anyway, KSFO looks awesome but what do think about the jetways?

Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 10:29:01 pm »
Anytime :). Also, does it bother you that Flightbeam doesn't use fsx native jetways? I was planning on buying it (I tracked it somewhat throughout development stages) and when I found out that the jetways don't move, I suddenly became reluctant and I still haven't purchased it.

The head guy of Flightbeam says that fsx native jetways are fps killers and I was thinking of directing him to FSDT and showing that even FSDT sceneries (the best in the market in my opinion) use native fsx jetways and in some cases (like KJFK) run better than the default version...

Same with FT, I would buy some more of their stuff (like Midway, or St. Maarten) but it is just a show stopper that they don't have moving jetways (and they are worse on fps than fsdt is).

Anyway, KSFO looks awesome but what do think about the jetways?

Originally when I found out about SFO development, I was hoping for the jetways to be animated. That did'nt end up being the case but I still ended up buying SFO for the simple fact of being a United Airlines Hub ;). I have AES however have not used it in some time and waiting for newest version. I have wanted to buy FT's Midway International Airport but I have waited for a bit longer until SFO is covered by AES. :)

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:54:17 pm »
Originally when I found out about SFO development, I was hoping for the jetways to be animated. That did'nt end up being the case but I still ended up buying SFO for the simple fact of being a United Airlines Hub ;). I have AES however have not used it in some time and waiting for newest version. I have wanted to buy FT's Midway International Airport but I have waited for a bit longer until SFO is covered by AES. :)

That is true, I can see that you are big United fan  ;). But thank you for your input, and yeah I did see the post that AES's next version was going to cover it, but I don't have AES and because of GSX, don't plan to get it. How much does it cost for credits? I hope that the main Flightbeam guys will come to their senses about jetways for KPHX. KSFO looks gorgeous and I hope that with that quality for KPHX, if they have "good jetways" I will definitely buy it.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 11:27:57 am »

That is true, I can see that you are big United fan  ;). But thank you for your input, and yeah I did see the post that AES's next version was going to cover it, but I don't have AES and because of GSX, don't plan to get it. How much does it cost for credits? I hope that the main Flightbeam guys will come to their senses about jetways for KPHX. KSFO looks gorgeous and I hope that with that quality for KPHX, if they have "good jetways" I will definitely buy it.

Regards

For me the jetways aren't a big deal whether they move or not. If they do great, and if they dont its not a big deal to me, but I wouldn't let one little detail of an airport that looks 1000% better than default stand in my way.

But, if moving jetways were a big deal to me and I was trying to device whether to by KSFO I would look at it this way:

a. Keep the horrible looking and not so great performing stock FSX KSFO, but have jetways that move

or

b. Get a GREAT looking KSFO that performs better than the stock version, but has no moving jetways

For me the answer is easy, option B, but if your really into moving jetways then I guess A would be the only way to go, or wait who knows how many years for another sim and version of KSFO to come out that has them, or buy AES. Personally I have always though that anyone who lets moving jetways determine if they buy or dont buy an airport is really missing out on some great airport sceneries, especially if the only other choice is to stick with default, which is usually the case.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 02:38:11 pm »
That can be a very hard choice. :P From an inclusive perspective, FSX is a step up in terms of features that are possible or still yet to be realized.
One of the obvious problems with some of the default airports is fps (which can be a killer for performance) which makes some things very difficult and some things are left out.
FSX should have been "debug" before released out to the retail market;Thus there would'nt be much of a hassle to develop well desired airports and or cities,countries etc.....
In anycase I do like how SFO has turned out and as I said in an earlier post above I'll wait for the next version of AES. :) ;) With the addition of KLAX, I'll fly alot more between the other United Hubs,Chicago,Washington Dulles and Denver.

theshack440

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 05:02:20 pm »
Thanks for your replies guys,

Sean, after reading what you wrote I think I am going to get KSFO. I feel so ridiculous letting this moving jetway thing bother me, I mean it looks (and I'm sure runs) SO MUCH better than the default.

Kenneth, yeah I agree - I think MS has learned and will do a much better optimization/debug job with Flight.

Well thank you for both of your input!  :)

Regards

Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com