Author Topic: JFK CTD, AI Traffic related?  (Read 3532 times)

TurbofanDude

JFK CTD, AI Traffic related?
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:53:56 pm »
Well,

After flying from Madrid to Kennedy, I received a G3D.DLL CTD turning final for 22R. At first I thought this was an Fsdt scenery issue, but re installation, further testing, and reading posts here revealed that it may be AI traffic related, as it only happens sometimes, and I have successfully flown into JFK before.

If anyone can offer any extra insight on the World of Ai traffic and JFK matchup to confirm what I am thinking, it would be great. I am honestly considering just turning the AI traffic off it's going to cause random CTDs, because I know 7 hours of flying to have a fatal error on final is not fun.

details below:

Flight with CTD:
around 9:30PM EDT (sim time)
Wilco Airbus Evolution A346
FsINN
WorldofAi (too many packages to name)
7 hours enroute, turning final to 22R CTD
g3d.dll

Flight without CTD:
Around 9:30-10:00 Sim time, different day
PMDG 744
scenery reinstalled and nearby LGA scenery removed.
FsINN loaded, jsut not connected to VATSIM
worldofAi settings turned way down (different set due to a different day)
8 hours enroute, landing 22R

So, I believe it is AI traffic related, as turning it down and a different day have proven it.
I have also experienced the same CTD at 1000FT approaching the FlyTampa KMDW with KORD installed. (I have read the post about this and applied that fix already).
With AI traffic.

Please, anyone else post details or thoughts so I can work this out.

Thanks to FsDT for the awesome scenery,

Collin Biedenkapp

data63

Re: JFK CTD, AI Traffic related?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:44:43 pm »
sounds like a corrupted AI-plane texture.

quite hard to find if you've got a lot of traffic :-(

try disabling one package a time and recreate time and date of the crash. If it doesen't happen - you've found the package. Now you've to check the repaints.

Hard piece of work but I don't know another way (If it happens after installing a new package taht's a good candidate for starting.

Happy landings

juergen