Author Topic: Afcad Problem, wrong aircraft placement.  (Read 35753 times)

Dimon

Re: Afcad Problem, wrong aircraft placement.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 04:21:26 pm »
What does NWA 747-400 do in KORD?  :D
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

dc10boy

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 04:51:46 pm »
When we had 747s runninbg into ORD we used E-15 or E-14. the freighter whales used SW cargo. you'll have to Back-date your AFcad  making these gates for heavies.
Stan

Mike...

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 05:55:27 pm »
Just installed and bought the scenery. Very nice work, but the Afcad does indeed need some serious tweaking. A big problem I've noticed is gate size. According to the PAI Recommended Radius specification, the MD-80 series should have a model radius of 24m. The reason a lot of American Airlines traffic is parked elsewhere, is that a lot of AAL only gates are 18m or 22m. Too small. If you increase those AAL spots to 24m, you should already notice a difference. ;)

As to gate types. ALL commercial traffic spots should be of type Gate. All general aviation spots of type Ramp GA. All cargo spots of type Ramp Cargo. No matter where the spots are located, no matter how big or small they are. At the same time, your AI traffic should adhere to the same rules. (Goes for codes, types, radii.) All commercial AI should have GATE as parking types for example. Even smaller traffic that may not park at the terminal, but on the "ramp". Etc...

There's also the link width issue as mentioned elsewhere that may affect traffic operation. There's a reason Fault Finder displays them.

Anyway, lots of stuff to do with the Afcad still, so what I'm doing here, I do not know. ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 06:25:22 pm »
Mike,

Lot of issue you mentioned are there for a reason: cross-compatibility with FSX. For example, the ramp/gate assignment has been made like that, because otherwise FSX would place its own fps-killing ground vehicles at all gates flagged as "gates". By flagging as "ramp", we can place our more fps-friendly vehicles instead.

The 0 width is also done because of a FSX requirement: the way we did the terrain textures in FSX (quite an unorthodox one...), the width 0 is there to not have ground artifacts. We are looking to fix this in some other way.

That's for a first release, because we wanted to offer the FS9 version on release date, so we simply derived the supplied AFCAD from the FSX base version. We understand it make little sense to limit the FS9 AFCAD with requirements relevant to FSX only so, in the next days/weeks, we'll have the FS9 version of the AFCAD to progressively diverge more and more from the FSX one, and fixing what can be fixed, considering KORD is a very tricky airport to handle, with the current AI engine.

Also, another thing we are planning to improve for the AFCAD, it's the addition of instrumental procedures for the two renamed runways (9L/27R has become 9R/27L and 9R/27L has become 10/28), that are currently missing. We are working on it.

The AFCAD for this particular airport will always be a constant work in progress: both because is very big, complex and full of stand/places to test, and because the real-world airport is undergoing a massive rebuild, so we are already planning for improvements to the *scenery* itself, when the new runways will eventually open, and that of course will impact AFCAD as well in a big way.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 06:27:11 pm by virtuali »

b742f

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 06:50:30 pm »
the reason why most big planes are now parking in the cargo areas is probably because there arent enough heavy gates for them. looking forward to another release of the afcad for fs9

OPabst

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 07:15:55 pm »
Try the afcad file which is in the chicago FS 9 section. I want as much answers as possible. I am trying to discover two issues, one of them, a big one: please confirm is aircrafts are making colisions. For some reason I tested now EDDF aerosoft, EBBR aerosoft, EGLL simwings and LFPG simwings, EHAM cloud 9, which are 5 big airports in Europe and this problem didn´t happen to me any time. Please, answer in the afcad section. I am off for today since I spent several hours with just an afcad file. Crosswind star system is functioning on this one.

Hi Harspi,

the reason for the collisions on the Taxiways are the "width" values of the Taxipathes in your AFCAD. They are mostly 0.10 instead of a "normal" values like 30.0. When I change them all the 30, all is fine.And, in front of the startpoint of Runway 32R, a hold short node is missing.
And please use the diamonts at the runwaycrossings, that's much better then long waiting aircrafts.
And please change the small gate positions minimum to a radius of 24, only where really only very small aircafts can park, use 18m.

brgds
Oliver Pabst

EDDT-Sebi

• FSX
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 08:00:46 pm »
Try the afcad file which is in the chicago FS 9 section. I want as much answers as possible. I am trying to discover two issues, one of them, a big one: please confirm is aircrafts are making colisions. For some reason I tested now EDDF aerosoft, EBBR aerosoft, EGLL simwings and LFPG simwings, EHAM cloud 9, which are 5 big airports in Europe and this problem didn´t happen to me any time. Please, answer in the afcad section. I am off for today since I spent several hours with just an afcad file. Crosswind star system is functioning on this one.

Hi Harspi,

the reason for the collisions on the Taxiways are the "width" values of the Taxipathes in your AFCAD. They are mostly 0.10 instead of a "normal" values like 30.0. When I change them all the 30, all is fine.And, in front of the startpoint of Runway 32R, a hold short node is missing.
And please use the diamonts at the runwaycrossings, that's much better then long waiting aircrafts.
And please change the small gate positions minimum to a radius of 24, only where really only very small aircafts can park, use 18m.

@Papst, you are right, because Aircraft Radius!

@Harspi, know you about AI Traffic, a lot of approach, wait to cross Runway to north ramp, or to south runways! Example:

to

to

That is AI Traffic easy free..!

Sebastian

I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.

Mike...

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 08:45:04 pm »
Fair enough, Umberto. I'm not a user of FSX, so I'm not aware of those issues and remedies. They are easily fixed anyway.

As for the approach code, I already made a file for that some time ago, you can find it in the Avsim Library. As per the readme, the runways and start locations are already properly named. The ILS names need to be updated in the Afcad though. Should works just fine after that.

BTW, there's also a hold short node missing at the beginning of 22L. And somewhere in the middle of 14R/32L.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:47:38 pm by Mike... »

jesusgi

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 09:28:39 pm »
Mike

What do those ILS names in the KORD AFCAD need to be updated or changed to in order to work with your Phase 2 file?

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 10:55:09 pm »
I forgot to post last night but like everyone has already stated, airlines aren't parking in their appropriate terminals.  I'm still seeing (actually it's worse with your latest Afcad located here in this forum) AA aircraft parking at the Fedex ramp along with DHL (Fedex ramp closet to RWY 9R).  Last night I saw a Northwest 747-400 parked at the FedEx ramp as well.  Depending on the time of day you'll even get an El Al Israel Airlines 744 parked at the Fedex ramp.   

It doesn´t happen to me but I will look at it. Fedex is parked near runwat 10 and I don´t have any Fedex aircrafts at the terminals. I will look at this during this night.

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 10:57:59 pm »
Just installed and bought the scenery. Very nice work, but the Afcad does indeed need some serious tweaking. A big problem I've noticed is gate size. According to the PAI Recommended Radius specification, the MD-80 series should have a model radius of 24m. The reason a lot of American Airlines traffic is parked elsewhere, is that a lot of AAL only gates are 18m or 22m. Too small. If you increase those AAL spots to 24m, you should already notice a difference. ;)

I have MDs, indeed the same MDs with different parking radius. I didn´t change them with aircraft editor. They come like this...Anyway, I will look at this as well.
harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 11:02:43 pm »
Hi

I am taking notes from all your good comments. As you know this issues need hours of testing, because in the first 15 minutes the simulator is a mess, so I always need 30 minutes to test some simple issues. I am paying attention and taking notes from everything. I am sure that, like I did with other sceneries, the best afcad will come. Just wait a little bit.

harpsi

Mike...

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 11:41:05 pm »
Mike

What do those ILS names in the KORD AFCAD need to be updated or changed to in order to work with your Phase 2 file?

If you open the KORD Afcad, then go to the Navaid List, you will see the ILS frequencies. For example, it'll say runway 10, that's good, but the name will still say ILS/DME 09R. Simply highlight, click properties (or double-click), then change the name field to ILS/DME 10. Make three more changes and then your Navaid List should look like this:

Oh and obviously, only use "KORD.bgl" from my package and remember to place it in the correct folder.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 11:51:15 pm »
Hi

Look. I already said this. We are still working on this. While I was beginning with my work, I was surprised with the release of the scenery. Another issue: I am ONLY working on the FS 9 afcad. I don´t use FSX. Maybe in 1 year who knows. I am posting on this forum, just because of this fact.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 07:08:37 am »
Harpsi your doing a great job.  I'm sure with time all issues will be sorted out.  It's also good to know your an FS9 holdout for obvious reasons.  FS9 is seeing it's best days with scenery like this.  Imagine Chicago with both detailed KMDW and now KORD, who could ask for anything more?  Take your time Harpsi, we fully support your effort...  ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:10:28 am by Dillon »