Author Topic: Afcad Problem, wrong aircraft placement.  (Read 35776 times)

Dillon

Afcad Problem, wrong aircraft placement.
« on: March 13, 2008, 10:11:30 pm »
First off outstanding effort.  The only problem I have is I'm finding is American Airlines parking spots at the FedEx terminal  (I use Flight1's Ultimate Traffic).  There's MD80's parked boldly at FedEx's ramp.  They should be over in the terminal area.  The location is FedEx's Terminal closest to the threshold of RWY 9R.  The best thing I could see is kill those forward area parking spots in front of the FedEx terminal from within the AFCAD.  The placement of these active spots actually interferes with taxing into the Fedex ramp closest to RWY 9R.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:18:31 pm by Dillon »

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: Afcad Problem, wrong aircraft placement.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:24:09 pm »
Hi

I am redoing the afcad completely. This star system is not working properly. Just wait and you will see a new one here. :)

Anyway I just have the Fedex aircrafts in the right places.

harpsi
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:47:05 am by harpsi »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:04:10 pm »
Hi

I need some information from people who know KORD.

I need to know for each runway, what´s the most common operation: take off, landing or both 50/50. I explain why: I amd trying to get rid of some weird things but they are being difficult to solve, since this is just a game and not real life. One of them is t oget rid of all take offs from runway 22 R. I believe this is one is more used for landing, right?

Another weird thing is the confluence of too much aircrafts in some hold shorts, specially the ones at runway 28 and 04 L.

I just need that information and I will get back.

harpsi

bucifan

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 01:08:16 am »
Would making multiple AFCAD'S like Amsterdam solve any of the problems. I'm not positive, but there might be runways not used during night hours. Runway usage would also change with varying winds. Just a thought. Don't want to make any more work for you, but wouldn't the basic AFCAD stay the same, with just different runway assignments for t/o & landing.

Rick

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 01:28:21 am »
Would making multiple AFCAD'S like Amsterdam solve any of the problems. I'm not positive, but there might be runways not used during night hours. Runway usage would also change with varying winds. Just a thought. Don't want to make any more work for you, but wouldn't the basic AFCAD stay the same, with just different runway assignments for t/o & landing.

Rick

This is a difficult airport like EHAM because one side of some runways is used for one type of operation (for example: landing), and the other side of the same runway is only opened for the other type of operation (takeoff in this case).

I am trying several options for some hours and I need to close some runways for TO or for landing. There will be no option for sure, but first I have another big issue to solve that I want you to confirm: aircrafts taxiing over each other. It is happening with me and only with KORD which is strange, so I am trying to solve this issue first.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 02:08:30 am »
Thanks for the hard work your putting in.  Wish I could help more but I'm from Minneapolis and know little about KORD day to day operations.  :-\

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 02:13:30 am »
Hi

Try this file for now. I have to go away til tomorrow so I can´t work more on these issues today. I will return tomorrow evening.

harpsi

[attachment deleted by admin]

OldOrchard512

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 03:40:04 am »
Not sure if this will help but it lists all runway configurations used by ATC on the third or fourth page down... http://www.carmachicago.com/profiles/OHareAirport.pdf
Tom Moretti

bucifan

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 05:17:27 am »
Doesn't United use gates E1 to E3, and F1 to F14 for its Express Fleet's parking spots? Also, and I' no AFCAD expert, but by naming these and the G gates as GA Parking, aren't you inviting GA (BizJets, etc) to park there?

Rick

b742f

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 05:45:07 am »
yes you should not make smaller gate parking titled "ramp GA", it still should be gate small but with the smaller radius.

Also lots of cargo parking missing coding. UPS ramp missing all codes, fedex parks in the northern area not the southern area of the southwest parking area. And in the northwest there should be some more spots too, abx air and astar park up there next to the ga ramp.

Danthepilot

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 06:51:11 am »
Yeah, new AFCAD was a bit better, still, planes are taxiing on top of each other not waiting behind one another and second, AAL is parking everywhere but their own terminal......its odd.......anyways, great job guys the scenery is excellent!!!  :)

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 07:20:11 am »
Yeah, new AFCAD was a bit better, still, planes are taxiing on top of each other not waiting behind one another and second, AAL is parking everywhere but their own terminal......its odd.......anyways, great job guys the scenery is excellent!!!  :)

But this afcad is far from complete... according to my level of exigence :D

I will add some spots more for cargo planes. About AAL I just find them at the right terminals. I will look at that OHare manual tonight, to see what I can do with the runways. F1 to F14 is there: United operated by "...". I don´t have Bizjets and small jets there... Maybe we are trying different codes for parking. Let´s wait for tonight and I will play with these things.

harpsi

bucifan

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 07:35:35 am »
harpsi:

I understand the AFCAD is not completed. But I believe that E1-E3 and F1-F14 are for United's regional jets. Right now it looks like they are coded mostly for USAirways.

The question I was asking about naming a gate as a Parking - GA (small/medium/large) is now this will allow GA aircraft to park at the terminal.....will it not?  If BizJets and other GA aircraft land at KORD, they would park at appropriate area. I always thought that gates for scheduled carriers should be labeled Gates, and that Parking GA____ was only for GA aircraft.

I am not criticing your work, only pointing out some things that caught my eye!

Rick

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 08:00:32 am »
F1-F14 are for United's regional jets. Right now it looks like they are coded mostly for USAirways.

USAX and UALX use F1 to F14...

For the rest it is already changed. Tonight I will have more news.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 04:15:34 pm »
I forgot to post last night but like everyone has already stated, airlines aren't parking in their appropriate terminals.  I'm still seeing (actually it's worse with your latest Afcad located here in this forum) AA aircraft parking at the Fedex ramp along with DHL (Fedex ramp closet to RWY 9R).  Last night I saw a Northwest 747-400 parked at the FedEx ramp as well.  Depending on the time of day you'll even get an El Al Israel Airlines 744 parked at the Fedex ramp.