Author Topic: Runway 4R/22L - incorrect taxiway signs  (Read 14547 times)

mozart

Runway 4R/22L - incorrect taxiway signs
« on: July 04, 2011, 12:12:36 am »
When taxiing from 26L towards the terminal I crossed 4L/22R. I noticed that the taxiway sign indicating the runway entry is the wrong way around. It shows "22L/4R" - which is wrong, it should be "4R/22L" as the threshold of 4R is to the left, 22L is to the right. This is true for all taxiways crossing 4R/22L heading towards the terminal, with the cargo terminal "in one's back"

However, the signs are correct when taxiing towards that runway from the terminal (heading 137). Also, the signs are correct for the parallel runway 4L/22R.

Would be great to correct that small error. Maybe also check ground markings whether they are correct.

Otherwise this is a WONDERFUL airport. Thanks a lot!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Runway 4R/22L - incorrect taxiway signs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 11:24:45 am »
I think Simbio (the scenery developer) is reading this, he'll might have a look at it, after Hawaii 2 is done.

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:54:22 pm »
I can't find the wrong sign, I just found wrong markings between 22R and 22L for next update.

mozart

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:48:05 am »
Sorry for the late reply, but I hadn't visited my PHNL for some time.

Actually there are many wrong signs at runway holding points. Sometimes there is a mismatch between the sign and what is painted on the ground, sometimes at the thresholds there are markings on the ground that have both runway directions but the sign only has one, and so on...

I have attached a couple of examples, but there are more.

I would recommend to check ALL runway hold points.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:04:24 am »
Are you using the current version of the scenery ?

mozart

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:24:19 am »
Are you using the current version of the scenery ?

I would assume so. I usually install the scenery, do my flights, and once I am done on the region I deinstall the scenery. Then, some months later when I want to fly in the region again I re-install the scenery. At that point I would assume the automatic updater to kick in and update the scenery during the installation process.

Those pictures were taken in the FS9 scenery that I (re-)installed last week. So I assume it's current.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 10:30:38 am »
At that point I would assume the automatic updater to kick in and update the scenery during the installation process.

The outdated scenery notification is not enable for *every* update.

Those pictures were taken in the FS9 scenery that I (re-)installed last week. So I assume it's current.

We have updated it Nov 25th, the installer version is 1.0.7, check your version number in the Windows Control Panel

mozart

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 10:47:27 am »
At that point I would assume the automatic updater to kick in and update the scenery during the installation process.

The outdated scenery notification is not enable for *every* update.

We have updated it Nov 25th, the installer version is 1.0.7, check your version number in the Windows Control Panel

Ok. Where exactly can I check that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 11:26:19 am »
Ok. Where exactly can I check that

As I've said:

check your version number in the Windows Control Panel

In the Add/Remove Programs section, like any other Windows program that comes with an installer.

mozart

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:28 am »
Ok. Where exactly can I check that

As I've said:

check your version number in the Windows Control Panel

In the Add/Remove Programs section, like any other Windows program that comes with an installer.

I am interested in flight simming, not the workings of some operating system that runs in the background, hence my question where exactly in the "Windows Control Panel" (which is a big place) to make sure I look in the right place.

In any case, there it says I have Honolulu 1.0

So that means I have to re-download the installation file, right?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 11:33:00 am »

This means you are using the original version which was released in Jan. 2010, we had 4-5 updates in the meantime, the 1.0.5 dates Feb. 2010.

Yes, just download and install it.

mozart

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 11:37:31 am »

This means you are using the original version which was released in Jan. 2010, we had 4-5 updates in the meantime, the 1.0.5 dates Feb. 2010.

Yes, just download and install it.

OK.

Just a silly question: aren't those updates supposed to be detected, downloaded and installed automatically with the installer/auto updater? Or do I need to re-download the installation file manually every time I re-install the scenery?

Thanks for the support.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 12:35:16 pm »
Just a silly question: aren't those updates supposed to be detected, downloaded and installed automatically with the installer/auto updater? Or do I need to re-download the installation file manually every time I re-install the scenery?

Not every update, only those we flag as mandatory or important, minor updates are usually listed on the forum. In your case, since you said you uninstall a scenery when it's not in use, it's best to always redownload the installer before using it again.

mozart

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 02:16:54 pm »

Not every update, only those we flag as mandatory or important, minor updates are usually listed on the forum. In your case, since you said you uninstall a scenery when it's not in use, it's best to always redownload the installer before using it again.

I learn something new every day... thanks a lot for your great support. As excellent as your products!