Author Topic: FS does not start anymore  (Read 36375 times)

colazza

Re: FS does not start anymore
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 10:19:13 pm »
Hi,
same problem here:

a) FS9.1, ZurichX, C9 AMS 1.04 on VISTA 32bit ultimate

b) Did have AMS Cloud9 installed (version 1.04).  After installing O'Hare, it said that AMS has to be activated on this PC. YES or NO. I choose NO. FS9.1 CTD.

c) deinstalled AMS 1.04, same procedure, chosse this time "YES" and again FS9 CTD.

d) uninstalled O'Hare, including add-on manager.  FS9 started fine.

e) deleted all *bglman*.* files in /FS2004/modules/ and installed O'Hare and Addon Manager. FS9 CTD.

f) deinstalled O'Hare, deinstalled Addon Manager, reinstalled AMS 1.04, starting FS9.1. OK!

e) EOF

hope this helps.
Costa

Remarks. no "no-CD-patch", no "2GB patch" installed 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:21:23 pm by colazza »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 10:22:05 pm »

Have you turned off DEP ?

b) Did have AMS Cloud9 installed (version 1.04).  After installing O'Hare, it said that AMS has to be activated on this PC. YES or NO. I choose NO.

You should have replied Yes, of course. This will allow for 5 activations for all Cloud9 product you have. Anyway, it shouldn't have crashed in either case.

Alex

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 10:25:21 pm »
just a quick remark here, I had all the same problems as everyone else in this thread. But the solution to my problem was downloading the fs9 no-cd patch. I just googled it and found it instantly. You don't have anything to lose in trying with the no-cd patch

martins

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 10:27:09 pm »
Virtuali - copyright protection is one thing. but to ... up my Flightsim is another. I want my Flightsim back

First, there is an Uninstaller just for that reason: if something doesn't work, by uninstalling the product your FS will return exactly like it was before. If you installed OHare, uninstall, then reply "Yes" to the question of removing the Addon Manager.  If you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, Uninstall that one as well. This will return your FS exactly like before.

Please see Fulano's message: his issue was the >2GB patch applied on an FS9 with CD checks. Try to see if this is your problem as well. It's a known issue of our FS9 products since we released Zurich: it's not possible to use it on a patched >2GB FS9.EXE that also has the original CD protection check. This can't be fixed, unfortunately. In this case, the protection that is interfering is the original CD check.

great - of course I denied the uninstallation of the addon amanger as I need it for my other cloud9 products. Are you arware, that in your manual is nothing said about how to get rid of this "product"?
I thought you might have learned form Zurich - seems you did not. That is no good.

and no, any fs9.exe check must be ok.

Martin

christiaan

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 10:29:43 pm »
Found  a eSellerateenginge file version 3.6.5.0 dated 28-9-2005.
If I delete this file what do I have to reinstall ? The stand alone manager or the KORD scenery?

Henry

thepilot

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 10:32:10 pm »
just a quick remark here, I had all the same problems as everyone else in this thread. But the solution to my problem was downloading the fs9 no-cd patch. I just googled it and found it instantly. You don't have anything to lose in trying with the no-cd patch

Nice one, it works now  :D Hope I can purchase soon.

By the way virtuali, why do I have to enter my adress etc. when attempting to checkout via PayPal?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:34:45 pm by thepilot »

colazza

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 10:35:55 pm »

Have you turned off DEP ?

b) Did have AMS Cloud9 installed (version 1.04).  After installing O'Hare, it said that AMS has to be activated on this PC. YES or NO. I choose NO.

You should have replied Yes, of course. This will allow for 5 activations for all Cloud9 product you have. Anyway, it shouldn't have crashed in either case.

1)DEP? I deactivated it -->now<-- with "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff" Shall I try to install O'Hare and start Fs9.1 again?

2) Why should I have to reply YES. AMS 1.04 was already installed, activated and no hardware change was done.

Costa

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 10:38:30 pm »
Problem has been found!!

There was a small file difference in the installer, that was only relevant in case of the regular CD FS9.EXE

To fix it, install and then replace the 3 bglman*.DAT files in the MODULES folder with the one attached.

EDIT:
Starting from 23:20 CET, the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer already includes these fixed files.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:30:58 pm by virtuali »

Lindbergh

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 10:49:36 pm »
 ;) Thank you so much... 

colazza

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 10:53:13 pm »
Problem has been found!!

There was a small file difference in the installer, that was only relevant in case of the regular CD FS9.EXE

To fix it, install and then replace the 3 bglman*.DAT files in the MODULES folder with the one attached. We'll update the installers as soon as possible.

We apologize for the mess.
Hi,
confirmed! Problem really solved! Thanks a lot and happy earnings! :-)
Gruss
Costa

martins

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 11:07:38 pm »
NO has not. Ok, FS9 starts again, but all of my Cloud9 sceneries are gone and the threat that entering the areas of Bergen and Amsterdam would cause the FS9 to close down still exists.
How about I send you my account number and you pay me back for
- Amsterdam
- L.A.
- Bergen
- Washington
that would be great, as it is none of your business to mess around with secenries I already had paid for.
I am very tired now of all of this.

Martin
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:16:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2008, 11:20:33 pm »
the threat that entering the areas of Bergen and Amsterdam would cause the FS9 to close down still exists.

If you are getting this message, it can be fixed by doing what the message suggests: updating the sceneries. Also, the message says FS will quit when entering the area, but instead it will not do that immediately: it will still allow to fly on the outdated scenery for the same duration of the Trial, until you update it.

as it is none of your business to mess around with secenries I already had paid for

The reason for the update it's because now Cloud9 has improved its Activation policy. Instead of just 1 activation per order, you will now have 5 activations (like our products), meaning you will have much more installation freedom, and you shouldn't have to contact support too often when changing hardware.

This requires to have the last version of all Cloud9 products and this version of the Addon Manager, and simply confirm the activation (just once) when FS starts.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:26:11 pm by virtuali »

colazza

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 11:31:37 pm »
Hi,
again, problem solved. I can affirm no negative interaction between C9 Products and KORD.
With the new bglman the problem is solved.
thanks. Clap, clap, clap!
costa

christiaan

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2008, 11:56:28 pm »
I needed a glass of wine and an anti-stress tablet but I shall sleep allright now knowing the FS9 is working again.
Next time I think I shall be more patient and wait a day before installing the next scenery.

KORD like Zurich is a great scenery, keep up the good work.

Good night
Henry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2008, 12:09:11 am »
I can confirm we just finished uploading corrected installers both for the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and for the full Chicago OHare for FS9.

So, if you downloaded the installers after 12:05 AM (CET) of today 14 March, you already have a fixed version that should work