Author Topic: FS does not start anymore  (Read 36536 times)

christiaan

Re: FS does not start anymore
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 09:22:09 pm »
Did as told, installed the stand alone manager, still no Flight Simulator.
Henry

thepilot

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 09:22:25 pm »
to all you developers, take your time, no stress. I definitely understand that there of course can be issues when releasing a new product. Take your time, we're sure of that you eventually will solve the problem:)

But I honestly never understood why it's necessary to use fancy methods like the "addon-manager".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 09:24:59 pm »
Please, do not start a thread about the Addon Manager. The Addon Manager works. The scenery wouldn't work without (we explained why many times).

This issue doesn't affect everyone, because we are already seeing sales coming in. This means the product works, otherwise those people wouldn't be able to purchase it.

We just need to understand why it doesn't work on *some* machines.

NOTE: By removing the Addon Mananger from the Control Panel (it will appear as a separate product if you installed the Stand-Alone), FS9 will surely start so, at least, you can use it until we figure out what's going on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 09:27:46 pm »
I certainly have limited knowledge, but maybe it has to do something with preventing piracy? I might be wrong

I repeat: please, do not start a thread about the Addon Manager. The scenery wouldn't work without it. We explained why many times, the sales/protection aspect it's just ONE of its features. But even without any kind of protection (and that would mean getting rid of the Trial version), the scenery will still use, install and not run without the Addon Manager.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »
Same problem.  Perhaps some information on my end in case it helps.

1. Did have Cloud9 installed (version 1.0).  After installing O'Hare, it said that LAX was out of date and FS would close.  It did as it said.

2. Updated LAX to 1.1.  No more message about it being out of date, but FS9 CTD.

3. Unistalled LAX, same thing happened.

4. Uninstalled O'Hare, including add-on manager.  FS9 started fine.

5. Reinstalled O'Hare, this time with stand alone add-on manager.  Crashed.

6. Uninstalled everything again, checked that FS9 started and then installed the "stand alone add-on manager" only.  FS9 crashed as before.

7. Uninstalled the add-on manager and everything is fine again.

It would seem the problem is somewhere in the add-on manager.  I also have FlyTampa MDW installed and mention this only because one of the "O'Hare Tweak" files was replaced/renamed.  Probably not the problem.  Please understand that I am not complaining at all about the add-on manager either.  Just adding some information and it seems that the problem is located somewhere in that.

Anyway, problems happen, but you can be certain once I can install this into FS9, you'll have my purchase.

Eric
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:32:26 pm by ESzczesniak »

thepilot

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 09:30:58 pm »
I certainly have limited knowledge, but maybe it has to do something with preventing piracy? I might be wrong

I repeat: please, do not start a thread about the Addon Manager. The scenery wouldn't work without it. We explained why many times, the sales/protection aspect it's just ONE of its features. But even without any kind of protection (and that would mean getting rid of the Trial version), the scenery will still use, install and not run without the Addon Manager.

Any update?

I.J.

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 09:47:46 pm »
Calm down guys. I know it's not funny to face this kind of issues (I've had some too) but the fact is that I have ALL of the sceneries using this tool and installed KORD without any S***. Just reactivated all the previously installed products and that's it. Definitly the problem is not the Addon manager (or not just it). A bad interaction with something on your systems? Something else???? Good luck,
Iouri

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 09:51:28 pm »
I've just downloaded the Addon Manager from our server to check it, and I confirm is the correct one and it works on all our machines. People are buying it, so it must be working, at least for some.

Things to check for:

- An older version of the esellerateengine.dll somewhere in your system and the installer for some reason wasn't able to update it. Look for this file in the following folders: the FS9 root folder, the \Windows folder, and (under Vista) the c:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder. If you find an esellerateengine.dll file in any of these folders, manually delete it and then REINSTALL (to put the correct one in place).

- Antivirus interfering with the product. Try to reinstall with A/V turned off and run FS9 with A/V turned off

-  FS9.EXE patched for >2GB. If you did this, you HAVE to use a nocd FS9.EXE. Our installer will automatically detect which FS9.EXE you have and install the correct version. But, if you patched an FS9.EXE with CD check, the program will crash at start.

- Under Vista, the FS9 Addon Manager needs DEP turned off-

thepilot

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 10:01:38 pm »
Everything checked and again reinstalled. No effect. Might be that it works for some people, but for a large amount of them, it obviously doesn't.

Alex

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 10:03:18 pm »
Tried everything as you said as well, and still not working. I realize there might be something wrong then with my computer or FS installation, but I have very limited knowledge, so don't really know what to look for
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:04:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 10:10:07 pm »
Please, contact me via email: I can send you a special debugging version, that will help me diagnose your problem.

Alex

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 10:11:17 pm »
YEESSSSS!!! I downloaded the no cd patch and now everything seems to work for me!!! I'll bring my VISA up instantly. Thanks for all of your help

martins

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 10:11:22 pm »
ok, same with me.
After telling me that Bergen, Amsterdam, L.A. are out of date and won't work - CTD
and after un-installing: same CTD same messages.

Virtuali - copyright protection is one thing. but to ... up my Flightsim is another. I want my Flightsim back. You had no right, no permission to mess around with my Flightsim. And you did. That is not ok. Protect O'Hare, that's ok. All the other stuff is none of your business. I payed lot of money for it and now it does not work anymore.  >:(

Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 10:16:24 pm »
Virtuali - copyright protection is one thing. but to ... up my Flightsim is another. I want my Flightsim back

First, there is an Uninstaller just for that reason: if something doesn't work, by uninstalling the product your FS will return exactly like it was before. If you installed OHare, uninstall, then reply "Yes" to the question of removing the Addon Manager.  If you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, Uninstall that one as well. This will return your FS exactly like before.

Please see Fulano's message: his issue was the >2GB patch applied on an FS9 with CD checks. Try to see if this is your problem as well. It's a known issue of our FS9 products since we released Zurich: it's not possible to use it on a patched >2GB FS9.EXE that also has the original CD protection check. This can't be fixed, unfortunately. In this case, the protection that is interfering is the original CD check.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:18:50 pm by virtuali »

thepilot

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 10:18:46 pm »
Can somebody PM me and tell me where to find a FS9.1 no cd patch/crack?
Just in case...