Author Topic: A question on the AFCAD provided?  (Read 7005 times)

AA777-200ER

A question on the AFCAD provided?
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:30:45 am »
Are you going to provide a AFCAD of the airport as it currently operates and/or as it is when construction is completed?

Darryl
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:48:19 pm by AA777-200ER »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A Few Pic's of the Current Construction and a Question...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 12:22:11 pm »
Since we already said we'll provide the terminal at the end of the construction, it wouldn't make much sense to provide an AFCAD that doesn't match it.

Some parking stands naming might not be entirely accurate, but it would be a very easy thing to fix once they will be published in new charts.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 04:06:24 am »
Since we already said we'll provide the terminal at the end of the construction, it wouldn't make much sense to provide an AFCAD that doesn't match it.

Some parking stands naming might not be entirely accurate, but it would be a very easy thing to fix once they will be published in new charts.

Umberto, I know this may sound a little silly but: Will the AFCAD hold traffic takeoffs towards the south (ocean's end) and landings coming in from the Inland Empire?
I ask because the original Cloud9 didn't.

This is true. During standard procedures, aircraft land/take off to the west except on rainy days when the wind is hard from the west to which aircraft arrive/depart to the east, or as you say toward the Inland Empire...

There is a way to get FS to do this. Before you strt your flight, select weather to grey and rainy. This will force FS to reverse traffic. Then when your aircraft loads to the gate change the weather as desired and you will have normal procedures on sunny days.

This helps Sonthwest Airlines daily 15 minute turnarounds because rwy 24L is so close to T1 hardly no taxiing at all to the active...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:09:14 am by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:38:24 am »
Umberto, I know this may sound a little silly but: Will the AFCAD hold traffic takeoffs towards the south (ocean's end) and landings coming in from the Inland Empire?I ask because the original Cloud9 didn't.

It wasn't a problem with the scenery, it's something FS9/FSX doesn't allow, it's not possible to close only one end of a runway for takeoff and the other end from landings, even if there are settings to do this, they are ignored. Unless, of course, you play with the weather in the middle of a flight.