Author Topic: CTD when near JFK  (Read 4883 times)

Frank Lindberg

CTD when near JFK
« on: June 19, 2011, 05:37:59 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm experience some problems when I approach JFK, I'll get CTD but only when approaching from west  :-[ Earlier this day, I flew from SEA to JFK, but when I tried to decent/approach RW 13L, it crash to desktop. No error codes what so ever. 

But if fly out of JFK, there is no problem.. Any ideas, anyone?

BTW, it's fs9 and you can see my spec. below.   
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD when near JFK
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 05:54:07 pm »
Very unlikely such crash would be caused by the scenery. Under FS9, a crash without errors it's usual an Out of memory caused by an addon with actual executable code, like an airplane gauge that takes lots of memory. Were you flying with a default airplane or an addon ? Have you tried with a default airplane ?

Also, please not the distance from the airport when the crash it's happening because JFK loading range is 8.0 NM (it's a bit shorter than usual because of being close to KLGA, so JFK is not loaded if you are at LGA), if your crash happens farther than than, it's 100% it's not the scenery.

Apart from airplanes causing OOM, the most typical crashes are caused by missing/corrupted AI textures, or terrain data.

Frank Lindberg

Re: CTD when near JFK
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »
Ok, thanks for your info.

It was in QW757 and I was about 30 miles from JFK, hmm... Maybe I should disable the imagine scenery like KLGA and also KDTW.

Do you think that it could be because of QW757? 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1