Author Topic: GSX  (Read 10288 times)

fls

GSX
« on: June 18, 2011, 12:09:41 am »
Will GSX have a followme vehicle to call after ATC gives you a assigned parking? If so should I un- install AES?

Frank Schneider

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 01:30:58 am »
Yes, FollowMe will be included, and you can choose to be guided at any parking, not necessarily the one the ATC gave you.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 02:49:10 pm »
..should I un- install AES?

I wouldn't uninstall AES unless you haven't purchased any serial numbers.  Besides, GSX doesn't animate the jetways, so unless you want to return to the herky jerky movement of default animation, you'll still need AES.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

dlarokk

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 01:31:17 am »
Will it be possible give the FollowMe car a specific taxi route? This would be quite useful, as otherwise it won't be usable for online flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 01:51:09 am »
Will it be possible give the FollowMe car a specific taxi route? This would be quite useful, as otherwise it won't be usable for online flight.

Surely not in the initial release, it will chose only the best path, but of course since it has to know the whole taxiway layout feature in any case, it's at least technically possible to add this feature.

Vehicles will prefer running over their dedicated lanes anyway so, they should be reasonably safe from clashing with other online airplanes which, as far as we are concerned, are just like any other AI.

However, I don't see how it would change anything regarding to online flying compatibility, as long as all the service vehicle aren't synchronized on the network, and they surely aren't (and we don't have any plans to do that, because it's really outside of the scope of the program), GSX vehicles will always be something local to your system, if only because all networked users should have GSX installed.

Thralni

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 04:49:01 pm »
It would help with online flight if you could tell the followme vehicle the route that the controller wants you to taxi, I think that's at least what the OP means.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 06:11:53 pm »
Problem is when you get the coordinates to taxi from the controller, you have to bring up the GSX configuration screen, which will put the simulator into pause mode.  The online communities don't like that.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Travis

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 08:25:19 pm »
Problem is when you get the coordinates to taxi from the controller, you have to bring up the GSX configuration screen, which will put the simulator into pause mode.  The online communities don't like that.
Would that be different than the GSX "operating menu?" (I'm thinking of the menu that would work as the ParkMe menu does currently.)
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 11:39:36 am »
Problem is when you get the coordinates to taxi from the controller, you have to bring up the GSX configuration screen, which will put the simulator into pause mode.

Who said the "GSX configuration screen" would put the sim into pause mode ? We use the same transparent menu like YouControl and ParkMe, which is designed exactly not to do that.

masondom

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 01:25:45 pm »
 ;D   Plz Umberto, It's sunday, take a break !

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 02:23:18 pm »
We use the same transparent menu like YouControl and ParkMe, which is designed exactly not to do that.

I was thinking it would open a new window, which will pause the simulator.  Not many addons allow you to configure within the simulator without opening a window, so that is good to know.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 02:30:26 pm »
Not many addons allow you to configure within the simulator without opening a window, so that is good to know.

I'm not sure why you would think such option would require a "reconfiguration"...I thought it was asked if GSX could allow multiple taxiway patch choices, that's hardly a configuration option.

However, I'm not saying it will allow this at all. The followme car use an algorithm to search for the shortest path to the parking, similar to the one used by the progressive taxi option and, quite often, they are the same.

The best we can do is maybe allowing the user to chose between some alternatives (like the best 3 or 5 options), but if an online controller asks for an unexpected or very convoluted route, for any reason, it would be tedious to have an interface to allow the GSX car to follow it.

skimmer

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 06:44:26 am »
Really really looking forward to release ;)