Author Topic: ILS Rwy 10 - Why can't I pick up the ILS?  (Read 6042 times)

michaelfairburn

ILS Rwy 10 - Why can't I pick up the ILS?
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:47:10 pm »
Hi guys, Before anyone jumps down my throat I've searched the forums for this topic.  I'm having problems picking up the ILS for 10. Is anyone having the same issue and/or has anyone found a solution? Thanks

Mike

michaelfairburn

Re: ILS Rwy 10 - Why can't I pick up the ILS?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:27:16 am »
Read 38 times, but still no response. Does anyone from product support actually monitor these forums?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:54:20 am »
Obviously yes, which can be easily proven by my post count so, please, drop the "support doesn't monitor the forums" argument which is really out of place here.

Fact that you searched the forum already, and haven't found anything about this, and nobody else said to have this issue, should be already a first indication the problem is not in the scenery, but it's likely caused by some other product or scenery you have in your system.

As explained in many other threads, most of issues like these, which usually result in missing or double objects or missing navaids, are caused by AFCAD files coming with other products, not necessarily sceneries, but also AI traffic packages.

To find duplicates AFCAD files under FS9, use the free ScanAFD program, look for AFCAD duplicates for KORD, and remove all the extra other than the FSDT one and the default from Microsoft.

And of course, you have to leave KORD on top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it by default. At least, it should be higher than any other scenery that might potentially conflict with it.

michaelfairburn

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:07:32 am »
"support doesn't monitor the forums"

What I actually asked was, "Does anyone from product support actually monitor these forums?", which is not the same as you are accusing me of doing. I would argue that waiting six days+ for support on a product suggests that there is not much monitoring going on. Also, those of us who don't spend our lives on the forum have no idea who you are or how many posts you've written; it's certainly not something I go looking for.

The fact that I'm having a problem should be sufficient for you to be concerned, and rather than berating me for asking the question, how about just being polite and answering the question in a good, 'customer support' type of way.  Frankly, I find your tone disappointing, especially to a paying customer. If your stuff was freeware I wouldn't be so worried, but I've paid hard cash for your software and expect some sort of respect when you communicate with me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 12:41:49 pm »
What I actually asked was, "Does anyone from product support actually monitor these forums?", which is not the same as you are accusing me of doing

It sounds exactly the same, and the tone wasn't friendly at all, clearly implying that support was lacking, which is obviously not true.

I would argue that waiting six days+ for support on a product suggests that there is not much monitoring going on

It's NOT "6+ days", because you posted at 10 PM of a Friday night (*our* time), and got a reply 4 business days later which yes, it's not usual for us, because we usually reply in hours, but it's quite normal time. Yes, we usually reply on weekends and even late in the night, and everybody here will surely confirm this, but you can't *demand* to get uninterrupted 24/7 support.

SOMETIMES message might be missed initially, which doesn't obviously mean we don't monitor forums, which is obvious just be looking at other threads, which is what you are supposed to do in the first place before posting, and you said you have...

Frankly, I find your tone disappointing, especially to a paying customer. If your stuff was freeware I wouldn't be so worried, but I've paid hard cash for your software and expect some sort of respect when you communicate with me.

I found your allusion to the fact we might not monitor the forum, to have a disappointing tone so, you set the stage for the rest of the discussion.

Besides, have you TRIED doing what was suggested ? What was the result ?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:43:41 pm by virtuali »

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:14:56 pm »
Have you tried using a AFCAD tool to view the frequency in the AFCAD?  It might be different than what you think it is or a chart that you are using.

I had the issue some time ago with EDDF.  I was using the PMDG 737 and using the current AIRAC data.  EDDF changed an ILS frequency and I used the one from current AIRAC data.  The scenery still had the old frequency.  I then used the AFCAD tool to update the frequency in the scenery to the current one.

Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 04:48:14 pm »
Have you tried using a AFCAD tool to view the frequency in the AFCAD?  It might be different than what you think it is or a chart that you are using.

And, even easier, one can look at the default Map View, which shows ILS frequencies as well.