Author Topic: Work in Progress / 08  (Read 49657 times)

Rafal

Re: Work in Progress / 08
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 10:12:40 pm »
it's likely our last scenery for FS9

Very sad news to me, Umberto.
On the other hand for a long time I was afraid you would say it one day.

Anyway thank you very much for the FS9 version of KLAX.
And all the other outstanding airports of course.

FSDT is my number one MFS scenery developer as for the quality and performance.
I personally wish you had made more European scenery, but I am not complaining.
Anything you make is a 3D modelling, texturing and optimisation masterpiece of its own.
A pattern to follow by many...

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:21:34 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Auctionner_75

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 11:56:01 pm »
The time has come guys, time to move to FSX and although I'm still a FS9 user I must say those graphics are horrid even with REX + G.Environment + FSGlobal.... all what you want!!   :-\

So it's time to change... Unfortunately the performance in FSX is poor but I prefer that instead of the horrid graphics. ::thumbs up:: for the end of an era. :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:11:19 am by Auctionner_75 »

Boeing787

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2011, 01:18:51 am »
Even though Fs9 was great...FSX has redeemed itself now since computer's today are able to run it more smoothly. It really is a good platform, but it did have future performance capabilities in mind when released.  I'm hoping the new Flight will not be like this, and that when released TODAYS computers can run it well. I hope that Flight will be reminiscent with what happened with Vista/ Windows 7.  At first Vista had a lot of bugs, but those bugs were eventually fixed and it became a decent system...only problem was it was a demanding OS for performance.  Now comes Window 7, its an improved Vista, with its greatest asset being that it is a less demanding OS. I am not saying that flight sim and operating systems are the same...but you get the idea. We will see what Flight brings.

As for the schedule with LAX, Spring has passed for sure but you know FSDT have ventured into new ground with design techniques for LAX...so this I'm sure has caused some delays (As well they are making sure we are getting a COMPLETE scenery :) This is kind of situation reminds me of the production of the Boeing's 787, in a less severe way: new ground broken, delays (but huge delays for the B-787), but the final product will be amazing!

Joel
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

sleddriver

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 02:17:10 am »
July??  August??  That's the middle of Summer, what happened to our Spring release?   ???

I haven't said anything about August, it's most likely July, just not sure exactly when, but we'll try to make it as early as possible.

However, for KLAX, we'll probably release the FSX version first, the FS9 version can't be ported directly, so we need more time for it. Since it's likely our last scenery for FS9 so, it's better be good...

Yes Finally time to move on.. Yes FS9 Simmers.. Its time to move up & move on guys.. Yes FS9 was good in its time but now's the time to eventually move up & move on..  Those FS9 simmers out there I know its hard to break away but I'm telling you once you move up, you won't ever want to go back to FS9.. I said the same thing at first until I seen FSX in person with one of my friends & then played it myself.. You won't want to go back.. FSX is better & there's more scenery & Airplanes for it now.. Its time for Umberto & FSDT to move away from FS9 & concentrate making the best scenery for FSX

Just remember one thing, here.  For some of us, it's not just a simulator, it's an investment.  I've put too much money in to FS9 to just simply put it on the shelf and start with FSX.  I'm not saying it isn't better than FS9, I just can't justify tossing it by the way side.  If I had some disposable income, then I would switch in an instant, and I pray that most of my add-ons will be usable in MS Flight (probably not, I'm sure).  But that is the way that a lot of us have to look at it.  Just my 2 cents.

Chris

steve63

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 03:15:28 am »

The scenery looks great,cann't wait to get my hands on it.
As for stopping development of FS9 I think that FSTD might be in for a surprise.

The FS market is about to become very fragmented. You will have all the die hard FS9 users that either cann't aford to upgrade thier PC's or have spent way to much money on FS9 just to throw it away. You have the FSX users who have been able to afford to upgrade thier PC's and run the sim
smoothly. We also will soon have 2 new platforms joining the fray. 1 from Microsoft the other from Aerosoft.

I would assume that these new Sims will be designed to run on the latest Hardware so that means another PC  upgrade for most of  us  which will be out of the question for alot of people.

I would assume that the people that can easily afford a PC upgrade will get one of the new Sims. Those that cann't  will stay with FSX. Some FS9  usersthat can now upgrade thier PC's  will go to either FSX or one of the new Sims.

So now we have FSX that will probable loose alot of users to the new Sims but will probably gain a few from  FS9. The two new Sims will get thoose that               
can afford the new PC's to be able to run the new sims. I think this will be about the same number that went to FSX when it came out.his leaves FS9 with
the number of users that will remain largley unchanged. With The number of FSX users being diluted by he new Sims I believe that FS9 will have a 
larger share of the market than it does now, which means that FS9 uesers will become the largest group for after market products which companies will   
not be able to ignore if they want to make money. Look at Aerosoft.They said they would not producean FS9 version of
thier FSX LFMN Nice scenery. Well they relized that they were wrong and now we have an FS9 version.

ArtAir

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 09:02:40 am »
Since it's likely our last scenery for FS9 so, it's better be good...
So, FSDT wiil lose a client. I will not buy FSX sceneries. Sadly...

Saturn_29

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 01:00:51 pm »
Well I guess LAX will be my last FSDT purchase.

Just remember one thing, here.  For some of us, it's not just a simulator, it's an investment.  I've put too much money in to FS9 to just simply put it on the shelf and start with FSX.  I'm not saying it isn't better than FS9, I just can't justify tossing it by the way side.  If I had some disposable income, then I would switch in an instant, and I pray that most of my add-ons will be usable in MS Flight (probably not, I'm sure).  But that is the way that a lot of us have to look at it.  Just my 2 cents.

Chris

That is why I haven't switched to FSX. I put a lot of money into FS9 (I am talking about add ons here) and I just feel that if I switch to FSX all the money I put into FS9 would be wasted. Ans with all the money I put into FS9, it runs great and can look just as good as FSX.

Saturn_29

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 01:03:00 pm »
Since it's likely our last scenery for FS9 so, it's better be good...

Will the other Hawaii airports you are working on be for FS9?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 01:40:29 pm »
Will the other Hawaii airports you are working on be for FS9?

Yes, of course. We were only referring to future projects that hasn't started yet.

ArtAir

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 02:17:24 pm »
absolutely agree with you. Ihave all FSDT sceneries, but LAX will be last.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:22:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 02:32:36 pm »
Please, stay on topic. This thread is about KLAX Preview, not about your upgrade intentions. Next post about this, and the topic will be locked.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 11:20:43 am »
Please, stay on topic. This thread is about KLAX Preview, not about your upgrade intentions. Next post about this, and the topic will be locked.

I hope I am not off topic. I just wanted to say thank you Umberto for making the extra hard effort of re-creating the scenery to FS9 since it can't be directly backported. If it is the last  scenery for FS9 from FSDT than it sure will go out with one hell of a bang.

However, I hope FS9 sales exceed your expectations by so far that it would be worth the extra work to keep doing it for future products. ;D At least I can dream...

Cheers!!  and thanks again :)

fls

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 06:39:03 pm »
Personally I am glad I moved to FSX was a both sim man for years but I believe it will be less work for FSDT and  in a long run will give us more products being produced sooner.
Thanks FSDT.  I feel if you do not have the money for the move up of a better graphic output system like FSX and FSDT is trying to take advantage of. Then you do not have it for Ms Flight either. Which all my products I hope will be FSDT and Quality aircraft the best work at a great price and fantastic support.

Thanks to the both of them I love FSX. Looking foward to both Klax & GSX without any hesitation of a great purchase!!!  There products are number one. I just hope they will be able to produce for Ms Flight that Miscrosoft allows the addon development. Even if it is DLC only this company you can count on for the Quality products thanks again FSDT.

Frank Schneider
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :D

Fardel

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2011, 08:28:04 pm »
Very nice, great job as like hall FSDreamTeam Scenery. I have the scenery from Cloud9; may I hope in some discout for the new scenery?

Anders Bermann

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2011, 08:45:13 pm »
Very nice, great job as like hall FSDreamTeam Scenery. I have the scenery from Cloud9; may I hope in some discout for the new scenery?

Im almost certainly sure, that there will be no discount for existing Cloud9 KLAX customers!
Umberto wrote in the poll, when they first announced KLAX as a scenery, that it would be developed from scratch, and that it would have nothing to do, with the existing KLAX scenery!

That being said... I'm more than happy to pay full price for it anyway... (if you're so keen on getting a discount, you can take advantage of the Zurich-discount... if you're one of the lucky owners of LSZH that is!)
Best regards, Anders