Author Topic: Work in Progress / 08  (Read 49506 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Work in Progress / 08
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »
July??  August??  That's the middle of Summer, what happened to our Spring release?   ???
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Anders Bermann

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 06:09:43 pm »
July??  August??  That's the middle of Summer, what happened to our Spring release?   ???

Gone with the way of the 'Dodo-bird'... :D
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 07:04:01 pm »

I haven't said anything about August, it's most likely July, just not sure exactly when, but we'll try to make it as early as possible.

However, for KLAX, we'll probably release the FSX version first, the FS9 version can't be ported directly, so we need more time for it. Since it's likely our last scenery for FS9 so, it's better be good...

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 07:08:31 pm »
Well no"Spring Forward" for KLAX :D It'll have to equal to the "Sum" ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

SirIsaac726

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 08:58:19 pm »
You haven't learned by now that release dates are never firm?  They can always change, even at the last second.  The only time you can have a firm release date is when the product has actually been released - ie. only in the past.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 08:59:59 pm »

I haven't said anything about August, it's most likely July, just not sure exactly when, but we'll try to make it as early as possible.

However, for KLAX, we'll probably release the FSX version first, the FS9 version can't be ported directly, so we need more time for it. Since it's likely our last scenery for FS9 so, it's better be good...

Sounds interesting...

I'm glad, that the FS2004 version is going to see the light of day... On the other hand, I'm sad to hear, that you're discontinuing development for FS2004...

Looking forward to the release... ;)
Best regards, Anders

geoffbecks

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 09:52:59 pm »
July??  August??  That's the middle of Summer, what happened to our Spring release?   ???

Well all good things must come to an end.........

I guess this will be the last Item of scenery I will be buying  from you guys then as there is no room in my life or on my computer for  FSX......shame :(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:54:44 pm by geoffbecks »

BMman

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 12:09:44 am »
After LAX I'd like to see a smaller airport done like KBDL (Springfield, Connecticut), KLIT (Little Rock, Arkansas) or even like a KSTL (St. Louis, Missouri).

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 07:38:51 am »

I guess this will be the last Item of scenery I will be buying  from you guys then as there is no room in my life or on my computer for  FSX......shame :(

In all honesty, with Flight comming out in the next year or two, I wouldn't expect FSDT to try to support 3 different versions of MSFS. At some point, 3PD's are going to have to drop FS9 developement as some already have, just as there will probably be a time in the future when they are going to have to drop FSX developement as well.

If I was an FS9 user I wouldn't be to worried about it though since there are so many addons available for it to keep most FS9 users happy for a few more years.

FS9 was released on July 29th '03 and will be 8 years old next month. That's a pretty long run for a computer sim/game as most PC titles are usually discarded by their users rather quickly. I dont think anyone could honestly expect developers to keep working on FS9 titles for another 2 or 3 years.

cowings1588

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 09:27:28 am »

Yes Finally time to move on.. Yes FS9 Simmers.. Its time to move up & move on guys.. Yes FS9 was good in its time but now's the time to eventually move up & move on..  Those FS9 simmers out there I know its hard to break away but I'm telling you once you move up, you won't ever want to go back to FS9.. I said the same thing at first until I seen FSX in person with one of my friends & then played it myself.. You won't want to go back.. FSX is better & there's more scenery & Airplanes for it now.. Its time for Umberto & FSDT to move away from FS9 & concentrate making the best scenery for FSX
COA
Bill

Dimon

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 01:29:50 pm »

Yes Finally time to move on.. Yes FS9 Simmers..

Yes, time to move on...to MS Flight.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

keino333

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 03:08:28 pm »

I guess this will be the last Item of scenery I will be buying  from you guys then as there is no room in my life or on my computer for  FSX......shame :(

In all honesty, with Flight comming out in the next year or two, I wouldn't expect FSDT to try to support 3 different versions of MSFS. At some point, 3PD's are going to have to drop FS9 developement as some already have, just as there will probably be a time in the future when they are going to have to drop FSX developement as well.

If I was an FS9 user I wouldn't be to worried about it though since there are so many addons available for it to keep most FS9 users happy for a few more years.

FS9 was released on July 29th '03 and will be 8 years old next month. That's a pretty long run for a computer sim/game as most PC titles are usually discarded by their users rather quickly. I don't think anyone could honestly expect developers to keep working on FS9 titles for another 2 or 3 years.

I agree, it would be suicide trying to manage /develop software addons for three different platforms.  It's unfortunate, but nonetheless we must move onward and upward.  Ironically; however, it has taken 8 years for us to see the best that FS9 has to offer by way of technology advances in both CPU's and modeling techniques.  Considering all that is available to the fs9 community (i.e. FSGlobal, FsGensis, UT, GE, REX, and gamut of spectacular scenery addons  and an array of utilities etc , etc,)   they have made a prodigious financial contribution/investment.  Perhaps, the hesitation is that with MS Flight lingering with such great anticipation and expectation the "millennium fighters"; a.k.a FS9ers, cannot foresee a congruent commitment to FSX.  I myself have both platforms but favour FS9 because of the level of comprehesive addons i've acquired to make it insanely rich.  Not to knock FSX, I've seen some truly impressive, vids, and magnificent screenshots that make me "pee my pants" :). However, today (general) I can run fs9 with all sliders maxed but as with many of us, it came at a great expense through trial and error.

In closing, I have an intuitively expectation that the MS Flight will revolutionize both FS9 and FSX...so in the interim I wait and hold at fs9....periodically dipping into FSX.  No matter; come what may, I truly appreciate and commend FSDT for there commitment and ingenuity to our community and look forward to the future.

Colossal Thanks and Gratitude to you FSDT      

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:12:02 pm by keino333 »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 03:30:10 pm »
You haven't learned by now that release dates are never firm?  They can always change..

I know they aren't cast in stone, but the spring release time frame was given back last winter.  They must've been pretty confident.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 05:39:38 pm »
You haven't learned by now that release dates are never firm?  They can always change..

I know they aren't cast in stone, but the spring release time frame was given back last winter.  They must've been pretty confident.

It's always good to set goals.  Unfortunately, they aren't always met. ;)

geoffbecks

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 07:27:58 pm »

I guess this will be the last Item of scenery I will be buying  from you guys then as there is no room in my life or on my computer for  FSX......shame :(

FS9 was released on July 29th '03 and will be 8 years old next month. That's a pretty long run for a computer sim/game as most PC titles are usually discarded by their users rather quickly. I dont think anyone could honestly expect developers to keep working on FS9 titles for another 2 or 3 years.

I do agree with you in full. And I am looking forward to this version of LAX...but it is a shame that the end of their conection with fs9 is in sight. I know it will happen one day in the same way that I know I will one day die, and i'm not looking forward to that either. ::)