Author Topic: Work in Progress / 08  (Read 49678 times)

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
Work in Progress / 08
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:20:44 pm »

Anders Bermann

Re: Work in Progress / 08
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:25:36 pm »
Wow!!!

Nice, Kappa...
Thanks for sharing... updates are progressing quickly at the moment ;)
Best regards, Anders

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:27:50 pm »
Wow!!!

Nice, Kappa...
Thanks for sharing... updates are progressing quickly at the moment ;)

the maze it's coming together.  ;)

COA777

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:28:47 pm »
EPIC

Anders Bermann

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 11:36:07 pm »
Since I'm obviously not from L.A - I've only been at LAX once, perhaps someone could explain something here...

Was looking at the pictures... what is the large building in the background... the one with the 'zig-zagged' roof on top... (<-- don't know how else to explain it)... Clearly visible in the upper-left part of picture #1...

Is it part of a terminal? Bradly-terminal?

Again, thanks for sharing, Kappa! It's looks like, it's getting close to completion... Are there any news regarding FS9 version? Or has that yet to be decided?
Best regards, Anders

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:39:00 pm »
 :o

COA777

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 12:00:13 am »
What are the blue and red arrows for?

Anders Bermann

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 12:31:37 am »
What are the blue and red arrows for?

Interesting question...
Just looked at Google Earth... I assume it could be something regarding taxi-directions... "one-way" signs? hehe!

Maybe someone can explain... ;)
Best regards, Anders

cesarrbls1

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 01:38:04 am »
looks great!
will the jetways be able to move?

SirIsaac726

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 03:16:01 am »
Is it part of a terminal? Bradly-terminal?

I believe what you are referring to is the TB terminal that is being largely renovated and redone.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 03:38:23 am »
will the jetways be able to move ?

Of course, none of our FSX sceneries ever had static jetways!

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 05:09:59 am »
This is looking very good. You never fail to impress!!!   ;D
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

theshack440

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 05:31:47 am »
Really continuing to look great! Looks like it is very near complete (also because more pictures in fsx are being put up - meaning you guys might be in beta at this point). A question though; Will the double jetways/mini half jetways (like in picture 6) move as well as the normal ones?

Also, @ Thanasi, I believe the lights are like that because it is nearing twilight hours/in the late afternoon. So the airport is preparing for night ops.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Mr. Schutte

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 05:43:17 am »
Shalom and greetings all my pals!  ;D

Looks great!

With regards to the arrows;

"The one time I've flown into LAX I had a few hours to kill before my connecting flight, and I got a chance to sit in one of the restaurants looking out on the C-6 alley and listen to ramp control. In the following aerial photo you can see that the C-6 alley is actually split into two parallel center lines, one orange and one blue, ending with the large painted arrows at the hold short line to taxiway Charlie.

Every UAL/SKW flight in that alley would call ramp control on 129.5 to request push back and engine start. After the push back, the ramp controller would actually instruct the airplanes to taxi from their positions in the alley, up either the "orange line" or the "blue line" to one of the arrows holding short of taxiway charlie and then contact ground for taxi from there. Similarly, inbound arrivals would call ramp on their second radio prior to being outside the alley and get both their assigned gate and instructions to get there. For instance, I recall instructions going something like this: "Skywest 100 follow the orange line in to gate 80, use caution for the outbound 737 on the blue line.""

natbrain

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 06:24:35 am »
Hi Kappa,

Really great looking scenery. I just wanted to point something out. The first image [fsdt 03 (circle).jpg] I have is part of the 03 image in the preview. I circled in red the gate. The second picture (Real Life LAX.jpg) is a picture from Google Maps. I circle the same gate. I realized that the attachment point of the beginning of the gate to the terminal building is different in real life than the scenery. The real gate is not curved as much as the attachment point is on the flat, windowless surface, whereas in the simulation, you attached it to the wrong part of the building. That minor error is the only thing I've seen. Other than that, I am more than excited about this beautiful scenery and I'm checking daily to see when it will come out. Keep up the good work!!